• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Being baffled

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you actually still get surprised by certain things ?

Well I just was. Watched that episode of "Californication", when Hank stood in the kitchen trying to get his lighter on to strike his cigarette. But it was out of gas.

There was that gas stove in the kitchen and I thought to myself: why doesn't he use that ? Then I thought to myself: alright, really that would be too dangerous.

Now two episodes later, he stroke the cigarette at the gas stove.

That has left me baffled

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You ENTPs are just too darn clever :tongue:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
He must have been behind on the gas bill in the first episode.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
lmao

anyways,
not really for me and when i get surprised is rather what they did, not what i did.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
::sigh:: David Duchovny, why won't you love me....

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
All the time. I was baffled the other day when a person commented on the absurdity of female circumcision (which I agree with) without recognizing that male circumcision is equally rediculous. I was also baffled that a certain presumptuous person advised me to do something he wouldn't/didn't himself do in a similar context and yet failed to recognize the inherent hypocracy in what he was preaching. I am often baffled when science students, who have a tradition of looking at everything through a microscope, fail to see the big picture. A friend today was telling me about a science student who missed an exam and went to her political science friend to give her reason(s) to tell her prof as to why she missed it. That a person like this - science student or not - is in the same university as me is baffling.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Feelers baffle me. The insane way they try to rationalize their mistakes with completely illogical explanations.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feelers baffle me. The insane way they try to rationalize their mistakes with completely illogical explanations.

Hmmm... Sounds like you had a bad day with one.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Go easy on them. It's all perfectly rational in their CROOKED FEELER BRAINS.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[quote removed by request]

Hey... So many people say I'm a Feeler. I don't know what you think about that suggestion, but if you believe its so, then I should be an example of how Feelers can be very rational.

And let's be honest, regardless of my type, we have seen Thinkers be very irrational in their own way. I like to point out that the definition of rationality comes back to sound judgement. It's just judgement, and is never defined more specifcally in terms of the logic of Thinking or the ethic of Feeling. There is as much a Feeling aspect to rationality as there is a Thinking aspect.

Personally, while I have dealt with some non-sensical stuff from Feelers many times, I believe that I can understand them. That does not mean their individual arguments are always logical, but that I can find the reasoning and cause behind their behavior.

Last edited:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last edited:

MBTI Type
INxJ
I don't understand this question.

Well, I don't know enough about the situation to assess this person. What I can tell you is to avoid getting frustrated if it possible. No matter how justified you feel in being frustrated, just remember the frustration is only ever a hindrance to your reasoning skills.

Yes. Thank you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm always completely baffled when someone who appears to be perfectly reasonable and smart does something incredibly horrifying-

- like when someone who looks like they know thier wines orders a super-sweet wine to go with thier steak :shock:

- when I see someone who obviously has things together smoking while putting gas in thier car!

- professionals who beleive in odd things- like the powers of crystals or aromatherapy! :eek:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have answered the question.

I have given an answer. Have I actually coherently given an to the question? I do not know.

Have I given an answer that can actually enlighten you as to my type? I say it is likely that I have not.

But I can't even really be sure that the question had to do with my type. I'm only using context to make the assumption that it is.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Words, words, words. They mean NOTHING! Videos, my friend, the answer is in the videos. WHICH ONE ARE YOU?