• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do you deal with stress ??

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
i m currently doing my duty for my country in an institut for handicapped people.... its exhausting to work with people, i ve never been that stressed out in my life, anver been so damn sensitve to viruses and flu etc.
do you have any methods to deal with stress in job and daily life??

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Take a big dose of 'fuck it'. Indeed, fuck it! In 100 years you'll be long dead and none of this will matter much. In fact, everything is destined for nothingness at some point. Nothing really matters completely.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Take a big dose of 'fuck it'. Indeed, fuck it! In 100 years you'll be long dead and none of this will matter much. In fact, everything is destined for nothingness at some point. Nothing really matters completely.

queen-video.jpg

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to meeee

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ

Beat me to it. Apathy is my coping mechanism.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
queen-video.jpg

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to meeee

Some of my favorite musical lines of all time.

lane777

nevermore

Or God exists and everything does matter. ;)

For me, it helps to remind myself that I can only achieve so much in a given amount of time, and to just pace myself: better to slow down than to move like the Flash and produce sloppy work.

Also, too often ppl forget to breath properly. It may seem insignificant, but shallow breathing tenses up your whole body making you feel more stressed than you actually are.

Alot of times we're not even stressed by the circumstances around us, but by our own expectations. So don't put so much pressure on yourself, you prob have higher expectations on yourself than your employer does.

There really isn't much more you can do. If your talking about non-stop stress, you should prob consider a diff area of volunteer work cause some people are just completely unsuited to work with handicaps. No offense to them, but I have a cousin (love her to pieces) who is severely challenged and it is VERY exhausting being around her for prolonged periods of time.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I do not deal with stress cause I am never stressed - Well very rarely in the last couple of years.

if a job / duty / assignment / whatever could cause me stress ; I just don't do it.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

EXACTLY.

I always keep these words in mind.

But they sound positive in my head, meaning I just do whatever gives me happiness, regardless of the consequences.

Pretty much a hedonist lately

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
Or God exists and everything does matter. ;)

For me, it helps to remind myself that I can only achieve so much in a given amount of time, and to just pace myself: better to slow down than to move like the Flash and produce sloppy work.

Also, too often ppl forget to breath properly. It may seem insignificant, but shallow breathing tenses up your whole body making you feel more stressed than you actually are.

Alot of times we're not even stressed by the circumstances around us, but by our own expectations. So don't put so much pressure on yourself, you prob have higher expectations on yourself than your employer does.

There really isn't much more you can do. If your talking about non-stop stress, you should prob consider a diff area of volunteer work cause some people are just completely unsuited to work with handicaps. No offense to them, but I have a cousin (love her to pieces) who is severely challenged and it is VERY exhausting being around her for prolonged periods of time.

thank for that very helpfull answer. Well, there are 3 months left to finish my duty and I will stick to it. Anyway I have the opnion, that i can t work with some type of people and that was always a problem for me. I actually get well along with most of the handicapps, showing my lovely, humorous side of my introverted, comlex self. I think I jut can deal with people a longer period of time...
I just can hope that I will find that I can find a job later on after fiishing studies, which be more satisfying for me. But as you mentioned "deeper meaning" so is searching for ... a great part of life.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If you're similar to me, take a day off, and go somewhere out of city and just chill.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's cliché but nothing like some good Metal (and I mean fucked up shit, not "heavy" metal) riffs and letting the berserkness kick in for a while. Then just lie down for a bit. I don't get stressed out much (basically because I'm a professional procrastinator [btw piss off you procrastinator-wannabes!]) but when I do that helps.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anal sex, beer, or just take a solitary walk in a wood or park. Some people use drugs, but I don't like that shit. For me, it's Guinness stout, Newcastle brown ale and sex. The walks are good, too... But I could make do without.

lane777

nevermore
thank for that very helpfull answer. Well, there are 3 months left to finish my duty and I will stick to it. Anyway I have the opnion, that i can t work with some type of people and that was always a problem for me. I actually get well along with most of the handicapps, showing my lovely, humorous side of my introverted, comlex self. I think I jut can deal with people a longer period of time...
I just can hope that I will find that I can find a job later on after fiishing studies, which be more satisfying for me. But as you mentioned "deeper meaning" so is searching for ... a great part of life.

Glad I could be of some help, and I hope you find what your looking for...

Happy adventures! :D

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lol, I don't know if this is the stress relief that works for you, but I have a 100lb punching bag :D.

I go at it about every day till my hands turn to arthiritic claws. It brings me back to being a teen in boxing. It also burns the shit out of you, till you reach the phase of fuck it as perscribed above. Another plus is when you go to the fair/carnival and they have those little punching game thingies, you can really turn some heads.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anal sex, beer, or just take a solitary walk in a wood or park. Some people use drugs, but I don't like that shit. For me, it's Guinness stout, Newcastle brown ale and sex. The walks are good, too... But I could make do without.

Drugs are horrible... God bless Reagan and his war on drugs. Now hand me my fifth of Jack and my Marlboro reds...

/sarcasm

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
All kinds of things. From therapy to aromatherapy. And I'm a guy. Exercise, also. I'm on a long track, and I don't even have that much reason to be stressed. Rationality disproved. Or maybe I'd need rationality as a solution. Enjoying things. Seeing a higher meaning in your experience.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
While I still gather my energy in my alone times I have been testing more XNFP in the last couple of years and I do notice it in the way I deal with stress.

In the past I would "hide" in a good book, fill a tub with bubbles, light candles and put on some clasical music, sometimes call someone and dump my woes.

Now I am more apt to seek something more public and active. Several places work well for me. A ride on my cycle in the country or a hike in the woods. A visit to the Humane Society to play with the kittens. A walk through the greenhouse or a stroll in the tropical area of a zoo.

Interestingly enough, after a lifetime of resisting and misunderstanding Rational-Emotive techniques, I have, in the last couple of years, discovered that it works very well for me now in putting my problems into perspective.

My all-time favorite is sitting by the ocean. Just a few moments contemplating the vastness sets me straight in short order.

When all else fails there is that wonderful mantra from "Meatballs."

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! ;)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What do I do when stressed?

1) I do something about the subject of my stress.. really straightforward, anti-psychology approach.
2) I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and realize what an awful job I do when stressed. I relax myself, and commit myself to point 1. Once I know I'm doing my best, work does awesome things as a stress reliever. It's as if I'd already solved the problem, as long as I don't stop until it's really solved.
3) Taking a cold shower, eating vegetables, fruit or something else healthy, and perhaps taking *one* beer. Okay, not so recently I often drank much too much, but it doesn't help me with point 1 and 2, so I've quit it.

I used to exercise as a stress reliever, but I've not done it for a while. It works well; I might resume the practice. Just that.. I'm not often energetic enough after exercise to do the points 1, 2 to my best ability.

Exercise seems best when done regularly, instead of as a reaction to a stressful event.