User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default How do you deal with stress ??

i m currently doing my duty for my country in an institut for handicapped people.... its exhausting to work with people, i ve never been that stressed out in my life, anver been so damn sensitve to viruses and flu etc.
    do you have any methods to deal with stress in job and daily life??
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

MBTI
    ENTP

Take a big dose of 'fuck it'. Indeed, fuck it! In 100 years you'll be long dead and none of this will matter much. In fact, everything is destined for nothingness at some point. Nothing really matters completely.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Take a big dose of 'fuck it'. Indeed, fuck it! In 100 years you'll be long dead and none of this will matter much. In fact, everything is destined for nothingness at some point. Nothing really matters completely.

Nothing really matters,
    Anyone can see,
    Nothing really matters,
    Nothing really matters to meeee

MBTI
    INTJ

Beat me to it. Apathy is my coping mechanism.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

Nothing really matters,
    Anyone can see,
    Nothing really matters,
    Nothing really matters to meeee
    Some of my favorite musical lines of all time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Or God exists and everything does matter.

For me, it helps to remind myself that I can only achieve so much in a given amount of time, and to just pace myself: better to slow down than to move like the Flash and produce sloppy work.

Also, too often ppl forget to breath properly. It may seem insignificant, but shallow breathing tenses up your whole body making you feel more stressed than you actually are.

Alot of times we're not even stressed by the circumstances around us, but by our own expectations. So don't put so much pressure on yourself, you prob have higher expectations on yourself than your employer does.

There really isn't much more you can do. If your talking about non-stop stress, you should prob consider a diff area of volunteer work cause some people are just completely unsuited to work with handicaps. No offense to them, but I have a cousin (love her to pieces) who is severely challenged and it is VERY exhausting being around her for prolonged periods of time.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I do not deal with stress cause I am never stressed - Well very rarely in the last couple of years.

if a job / duty / assignment / whatever could cause me stress ; I just don't do it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

EXACTLY.

I always keep these words in mind.

But they sound positive in my head, meaning I just do whatever gives me happiness, regardless of the consequences.

Pretty much a hedonist lately

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Or God exists and everything does matter.

For me, it helps to remind myself that I can only achieve so much in a given amount of time, and to just pace myself: better to slow down than to move like the Flash and produce sloppy work.

Also, too often ppl forget to breath properly. It may seem insignificant, but shallow breathing tenses up your whole body making you feel more stressed than you actually are.

Alot of times we're not even stressed by the circumstances around us, but by our own expectations. So don't put so much pressure on yourself, you prob have higher expectations on yourself than your employer does.

There really isn't much more you can do. If your talking about non-stop stress, you should prob consider a diff area of volunteer work cause some people are just completely unsuited to work with handicaps. No offense to them, but I have a cousin (love her to pieces) who is severely challenged and it is VERY exhausting being around her for prolonged periods of time.
    thank for that very helpfull answer. Well, there are 3 months left to finish my duty and I will stick to it. Anyway I have the opnion, that i can t work with some type of people and that was always a problem for me. I actually get well along with most of the handicapps, showing my lovely, humorous side of my introverted, comlex self. I think I jut can deal with people a longer period of time...
    I just can hope that I will find that I can find a job later on after fiishing studies, which be more satisfying for me. But as you mentioned "deeper meaning" so is searching for ... a great part of life.
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

If you're similar to me, take a day off, and go somewhere out of city and just chill.