User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

It's cliché but nothing like some good Metal (and I mean fucked up shit, not "heavy" metal) riffs and letting the berserkness kick in for a while. Then just lie down for a bit. I don't get stressed out much (basically because I'm a professional procrastinator [btw piss off you procrastinator-wannabes!]) but when I do that helps.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Anal sex, beer, or just take a solitary walk in a wood or park. Some people use drugs, but I don't like that shit. For me, it's Guinness stout, Newcastle brown ale and sex. The walks are good, too... But I could make do without.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    thank for that very helpfull answer. Well, there are 3 months left to finish my duty and I will stick to it. Anyway I have the opnion, that i can t work with some type of people and that was always a problem for me. I actually get well along with most of the handicapps, showing my lovely, humorous side of my introverted, comlex self. I think I jut can deal with people a longer period of time...
    I just can hope that I will find that I can find a job later on after fiishing studies, which be more satisfying for me. But as you mentioned "deeper meaning" so is searching for ... a great part of life.
    Glad I could be of some help, and I hope you find what your looking for...

Happy adventures!
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ENFP

Lol, I don't know if this is the stress relief that works for you, but I have a 100lb punching bag .

I go at it about every day till my hands turn to arthiritic claws. It brings me back to being a teen in boxing. It also burns the shit out of you, till you reach the phase of fuck it as perscribed above. Another plus is when you go to the fair/carnival and they have those little punching game thingies, you can really turn some heads.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Anal sex, beer, or just take a solitary walk in a wood or park. Some people use drugs, but I don't like that shit. For me, it's Guinness stout, Newcastle brown ale and sex. The walks are good, too... But I could make do without.
    Drugs are horrible... God bless Reagan and his war on drugs. Now hand me my fifth of Jack and my Marlboro reds...

/sarcasm

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Or God exists and everything does matter.
    This is a good counterpoint. Thank you for restoring balance.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

All kinds of things. From therapy to aromatherapy. And I'm a guy. Exercise, also. I'm on a long track, and I don't even have that much reason to be stressed. Rationality disproved. Or maybe I'd need rationality as a solution. Enjoying things. Seeing a higher meaning in your experience.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    INFP

While I still gather my energy in my alone times I have been testing more XNFP in the last couple of years and I do notice it in the way I deal with stress.

In the past I would "hide" in a good book, fill a tub with bubbles, light candles and put on some clasical music, sometimes call someone and dump my woes.

Now I am more apt to seek something more public and active. Several places work well for me. A ride on my cycle in the country or a hike in the woods. A visit to the Humane Society to play with the kittens. A walk through the greenhouse or a stroll in the tropical area of a zoo.

Interestingly enough, after a lifetime of resisting and misunderstanding Rational-Emotive techniques, I have, in the last couple of years, discovered that it works very well for me now in putting my problems into perspective.

My all-time favorite is sitting by the ocean. Just a few moments contemplating the vastness sets me straight in short order.

When all else fails there is that wonderful mantra from "Meatballs."

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

What do I do when stressed?

1) I do something about the subject of my stress.. really straightforward, anti-psychology approach.
    2) I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and realize what an awful job I do when stressed. I relax myself, and commit myself to point 1. Once I know I'm doing my best, work does awesome things as a stress reliever. It's as if I'd already solved the problem, as long as I don't stop until it's really solved.
    3) Taking a cold shower, eating vegetables, fruit or something else healthy, and perhaps taking *one* beer. Okay, not so recently I often drank much too much, but it doesn't help me with point 1 and 2, so I've quit it.

I used to exercise as a stress reliever, but I've not done it for a while. It works well; I might resume the practice. Just that.. I'm not often energetic enough after exercise to do the points 1, 2 to my best ability.

Exercise seems best when done regularly, instead of as a reaction to a stressful event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]