• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Hitler...intj or entj?

KDude

I wonder where he got those ideas from. :thelook:

Yeah, I think that happens with anything we're not naturals at. It might frustrate and get expressed back out in some distorted, sloppy way. Or in his case, absolutely abysmal and genocidal ways.

Eh.. You got to take into account that he was simply off his rocker too. I don't want to sympathize or understand him.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Social introversion VS cognitive introversion.. Hmm.. not quite the same thing. He didn't like to make decisions alone even if he had the final word.. He needed other people to validate his ideas and opinions... And when he couldn't trust people he consulted the stars and mystics.
He could never just trust his own conclusions.. He needed external validation.. Sounds pretty E to me.

E

Epiphany

Eh.. You got to take into account that he was simply off his rocker too. I don't want to sympathize or understand him.

Interesting. The author of the book I mentioned is a Jewish psychologist who states in his introduction that many people don't want to understand Hitler because they are afraid they might sympathize with him. I think it's okay to feel sorry for Hitler as a child, as much as any child who is a victim of abuse. It doesn't justify his crimes or excuse the choices he made as an adult.

KDude

Interesting. The author of the book I mentioned is a Jewish psychologist who states in his introduction that many people don't want to understand Hitler because they are afraid they might sympathize with him. I think it's okay to feel sorry for Hitler as a child, as much as any child who is a victim of abuse. It doesn't justify his crimes or excuse the choices he made as an adult.

I can to an extent, but.. he's still a bastard. :D Have you seen the movie Max? It's just a fictional account, but interesting on a speculative level. It's about an art dealer (John Cusack) who meets a young, shellshocked Hitler, encourages his art.. and how Hitler slipped away from him. The climax is pretty well done. There's parts of it that I sympathize with, I guess.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

I feel sorry for him as an adult as well.. That's not the same as accepting what he did or forgiving it.. It simply means on a human level, from one man to another .. There was an extremely troubled person. He must have been very, very angry and full of hate.. But evil is a man made construct based on religious morality. Anger and hate are natural and to be consumed by them is a "hell" of it's own..
Taking it out on the world however, is not forgivable and so he gets no sympathy even if I can sort of empathize with his obvious pain.

E

Epiphany

I can to an extent, but.. he's still a bastard. :D Have you seen the movie Max? It's just a fictional account, but interesting on a speculative level. It's about an art dealer (John Cusack) who meets a young, shellshocked Hitler, encourages his art.. and how Hitler slipped away from him. The climax is pretty well done. There's parts of it that I sympathize with, I guess.

Nope. Haven't seen it. It still seems strange that a boy who dreamt about being a famous artist when he grew up turned out to be a merciless dictator. I think he was definitely right-brain dominant. He made oratory his artistic expression when his dreams of painting were shattered.

I feel sorry for him as an adult as well.. That's not the same as accepting what he did or forgiving it.. It simply means on a human level, from one man to another .. There was an extremely troubled person. He must have been very, very angry and full of hate.. But evil is a man made construct based on religious morality. Anger and hate are natural and to be consumed by them is a "hell" of it's own..
Taking it out on the world however, is not forgivable and so he gets no sympathy even if I can sort of empathize with his obvious pain.

As I read that book, it seemed like the author was, at times, talking about two totally different people:

"I find it insufferable when a car drives through puddles, splashing people along the road. It is especially mean when it splashes peasants in their Sunday best! When I catch up with bicyclists, I drive at high speed only when I see that the wind has blown away the dust...I wouldn't want to see anyone suffering or hurt anyone..." -Hitler

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
According to this site, he was an INFJ.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/infj.htm

I suppose I have to agree. I mean, the problem is that we usually judge Hitler by the things he did to the Jews. But if you actually read what he wrote, and about people who knew him... he's a completely different person. If you take away the fact that he killed millions of Jews and nearly conquered Europe... he's actually a pretty nice guy. The thing is, he genuinely believed that the Jewish people were hurting his country. He wanted to protect everyone else by doing what he did.

If I believed that a person or group of people were hurting society... I would want to stop them, too. I don't know if I would go as far as he did, but I understand why he did it. The thing you have to understand, was that Hitler was not the one who started the racism against Jewish people. Germans (and Europeans in general) had always kind of looked down on them. He had a very common prejudice. He just took it to its logical extreme. His real crime, was that he never learned to think for himself rather than accepting the beliefs and prejudices of those around him. How many people are guilty of that?

Ironically, I do believe that Hitler yet did some good for the world. Before the Nazis rose to power, there was a lot of belief in Social Darwinism and Eugenics. Even in the US. Hitler showed us the negative side of the direction we were all heading in. If it hadn't been for him, it's possible that Eugenics and such would be common practice, perhaps in smaller degrees, and the injustice would be rationalized away because it was creeping up so slowly. But now, Hitler is the reason that we no longer dehumanize people... we've seen why it's wrong, especially on the scale that modern technology permits. Dehumanizing people was done somewhat regularly before him, and was not done much in civilized countries among respectable people after him. Perhaps it took a Hitler to show us what not to be.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Nope. Haven't seen it. It still seems strange that a boy who dreamt about being a famous artist when he grew up turned out to be a merciless dictator. I think he was definitely right-brain dominant. He made oratory his artistic expression when his dreams of painting were shattered.

As I read that book, it seemed like the author was, at times, talking about two totally different people:

"I find it insufferable when a car drives through puddles, splashing people along the road. It is especially mean when it splashes peasants in their Sunday best! When I catch up with bicyclists, I drive at high speed only when I see that the wind has blown away the dust...I wouldn't want to see anyone suffering or hurt anyone..." -Hitler

Fascinating that it is the same man..

Maybe he was a Figure head and not really running the show.. maybe they drove a dump truck full of money at him or something?

His "Henchman" Himmler, and such were never too far away.. Nobody refutes the cruelty of Himmler..

Totally fascinating.

KDude

I think he was definitely more than "figurehead" at least. He was a man of "vision". A lot of the Third Reich designs and goals was of his own making.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
INFP gone insane. So maybe INFX

anyone who doesn't think so obviously hasn't heard of his long vacations, dog fetish, and the fact he deliberately took pictures of himself at desks so it looked like he was doing more than he did.

and he sucked as a general. a strong T wouldn't.

if mein kampf isn't Fi-Te, i don't know what is

(so i probably don't)

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
xNFJ *period*
stop arguing over some dead body's living personality type, and try to develop a better "rational and logical" typing system through neurology or something that we can all agree upon.
you have to admit that MBTI is so vulnerable to conflicts and arguments.

[been a few years after that comment]

Yes, yes, yes! I have just about enough of people, who should know better, 'typing' others who they have never met, based on details we will never get because they are dead. Why can't we leave them alone?

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
[been a few years after that comment]

Yes, yes, yes! I have just about enough of people, who should know better, 'typing' others who they have never met, based on details we will never get because they are dead. Why can't we leave them alone?

this is an internet forum and they're dead

Nicodemus

Most sources claim that Hitler was notably introverted and reclusive in his private life. People often mistake his stage performance for his personality, which was a facade.
Here is an interesting story, though Welles probably made it up:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1fauAc48tA"]Orson Welles[/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In the movie "hitler - the rise of evil" he appeared ixxp. Dont think he was a Te, a Te would have never been so dumb to start a two fronts war and I doubt he was a Fe, from what I know he strike mes for being very unsympathetic on a personal level. When he didnt get what he wanted he got angry. A Fe would have had better manipulation mechanisms to get what he want

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
In the movie "hitler - the rise of evil" he appeared ixxp. Dont think he was a Te, a Te would have never been so dumb to start a two fronts war and I doubt he was a Fe,

How about a delusional Te/Fe :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya,it's what makes this endeavour impossible. I already said that in the first hitler thread 2 years ago but they dont listen to me.

I still tho until today havent understood why people had the idea of him being infj. I mean if you compare counselor Troi from star trek tng to hitler, there is really no connection. And the thing that infj's have people skills, well in the time he rose to power you didnt really needed to have people skills. You just had to be a good speech giver and you had to have been someone who actually did something to change the political situation. That makes it possible for him to have been a lot of different types aswell.

Cant make my head around infj tho in the least. I even strongly doubt he was a N.