User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 300

  1. #181
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    How often did Hitler denounce the masses as simpletons who lack critical thinking ability?
    I'm only aware of the one quote. Hitler by and large was a populist and sought to appeal to the masses.

  2. #182
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm only aware of the one quote. Hitler by and large was a populist and sought to appeal to the masses.
    He was highly critical of the masses, which is why he logically and correctly concluded that the surest way to appeal to the mob was by utilizing rhetoric; this is why he stressed the importance of propaganda. His actions and conclusions were based on an NT understanding of the world.

    "The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."
    --Mein Kampf

    As for his populism, I do not see why this is beyond the ideological tendencies of an INTJ. I am an INTJ and a populist. However, he was only populist in so far as he attempted to appeal to the working class, but his core ideology was highly elitist. His personality was that of an INTJ with a powerful Fi seeking to pragmatically influence the world. His National Socialist Party was highly organized and disciplined, which is what one would expect from an XNTJ leader. I have never met an INFJ who was as militant and discriminate as Hitler and his associates.

    It is impossible for Hitler to have been anything other than an INTJ.

    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."
    --Mein Kampf

    No INFJ I have ever met would incorporate anything such as the above quote into their philosophy--honestly, at least. Pathological INFJs tend to be insidious, not particularly aggressive.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  3. #183
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Hitler was a walking contradiction, a hypocrite, and a liar. You can't just look at what he says at face value and determine his personality type from that.
    This is nothing more than emotionally charged bunk. Prove that your statement has a basis in anything other than the propaganda you read in your textbooks or refrain from commenting on the matter.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  4. #184
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    If he were an INTJ he would deductively reason that it is illogical to invade on so many fronts. I'm going out on a limb by saying that he has a bit of an SJ sway, unless he had a hidden NT-like agenda. We don't know the facts for certain.
    This is nonsensical and denotes poor reasoning on your part. How does core ideology relate to deductive logic? Hitler battled for his beliefs, which is irrational regardless of type. All of our motives are ultimately irrational. There is absolutely no manner of quantifying your assertion in order to derive anything meaningful from it.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  5. #185
    Senior Member Perch420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1
    Posts
    381

    Default

    I still maintain that he was an INFJ, because where his drive came from was his desire to be a sort of savior of the German people. This is just one somewhat arbitrary example, but he wanted to build free resorts for every German family. I don't know of any INTJ who would do that aside from a means to an end; for Hitler, caring and helping the German people was the end. He was driven by emotions, both love and hatred, more than by analytical reasoning; another example, he was a vegetarian and tried to ban vivisection and put restrictions on hunting. Again, I don't know of any INTJ who would do this as an end and not as a means to an end.

  6. #186
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    This is nothing more than emotionally charged bunk. Prove that your statement has a basis in anything other than the propaganda you read in your textbooks or refrain from commenting on the matter.

    I'm sure most of the literature written about Hitler pales in comparison to your extensive knowledge on the subject, especially anything that doesn't align with your opinions. I'm curious, where have you derived your great wisdom from? Go ahead and cite sources and give an explanation of why they are more valid than "the propaganda in my text books" as you call it. For future reference, repeatedly stating your opinion in a forceful manner and referring to everyone else's as bunk doesn't qualify as evidence that you're correct. I'm sure it convinces some people though, especially if you wave your arms frantically when you speak.

  7. #187
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I still maintain that he was an INFJ, because where his drive came from was his desire to be a sort of savior of the German people. This is just one somewhat arbitrary example, but he wanted to build free resorts for every German family. I don't know of any INTJ who would do that aside from a means to an end; for Hitler, caring and helping the German people was the end. He was driven by compassion for the German people more than analytical reasoning; for example, he was a vegetarian and tried to ban vivisection and put restrictions on hunting. Again, I don't know of any INTJ who would do this as an end and not as a means to an end.
    Hitler's ultimate vision was that of a strong and unified Germany. He believed that for this to occur the German people would be required to develop a sense of racial unity and acknowledge parasitical elements that sought to divide society, such as Jews, criminals, etc. By no means is such a notion uncharacteristic of INTJs; if anything, it is the logical production of a powerful Fi (abstract value system) and NiTe (logical realization of the abstract value system).

    INTJs are members of society, and as such, they too have a vested interest in fostering a healthy and productive society.

    As I have previously stated, INFJs tend to be moralists and thus attempt to bestow a value system unto society. INTJs, on the other hand, tend to be visionaries who wish to shape society in accordance to their own social outlook, which is ultimately based upon an irrational value system because all value systems are ultimately irrational.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  8. #188
    Senior Member Onceajoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    ...He was one of the two. We can rule out "feeler"......
    ouch... inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I'm sure it convinces some people though, especially if you wave your arms frantically when you speak.
    Hahahaha! That's good!

    The truth I really don't think it's appropriate to try and guess or profess to definitely "know" what Hitler's type is (other than horrible and despicable). To try to associate him with any particular type is degrading. It's also insensitive of the OP given we have all different types represented in this forum.

    INTJs often like to think they know with certainty even when they don't. It can be an exhausting waste of time. Give up the idea that you know everything and you'll open up a whole world of possibilities (been INTJ, done INTJ and done with INTJ). Given all the evidence in the world, you still don't know nor can you. There is no objectivity possible - your own biases and antipathies play themselves out, don't you think? It's a possibility...
    What if everything's an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

  9. #189
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I'm sure most of the literature written about Hitler pales in comparison to your extensive knowledge on the subject, especially anything that doesn't align with your opinions. I'm curious, where have you derived your great wisdom from? Go ahead and cite sources and give an explanation of why they are more valid than "the propaganda in my text books" as you call it. For future reference, repeatedly stating your opinion in a forceful manner and referring to everyone else's as bunk doesn't qualify as evidence that you're correct. I'm sure it convinces some people though, especially if you wave your arms frantically when you speak.
    My sources are Hitler's speeches, writings, and descriptions of him by his contemporaries. I have simply combined this with my understanding of MBTI to come to the final conclusion that it is impossible for Hitler to have been anything other than an INTJ.

    Although Hitler's OSS (Office of Strategic Services) psychological profile is to be regarded with suspicion due to its palpable bias, I would also be justified in deriving my conclusion based upon its analysis.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  10. #190
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    INTJs, on the other hand, tend to be visionaries who wish to shape society in accordance to their own social outlook, which is ultimately based upon an irrational value system because all value systems are ultimately irrational.
    I wonder how many INTJs are dynamic and persuasive public speakers. There are some I can think of but it seems less common for an INTJ to be so than an NFJ. It's not a real argument but one bit of data.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. Am i a intj intp entp or entj
    By Demonofthefall in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 12:47 PM
  2. [NF] gordan ramsey intj or entj?
    By chado in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2016, 11:38 AM
  3. ENTP, INTJ or ENTJ (with enneagram 3w4)?
    By MJS9 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 01:22 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 09:11 PM
  5. [NT] Who's more close-minded: INTJs or ENTJs?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO