User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 145

  1. #41
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Alert the press! INTP admits existence of contexts wherein subjectivity is valid! Read all about it!
    ROFL! substitute 1, JF 0.

  2. #42
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    I found this about Fi being led by Ne...

    The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function.

    The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  3. #43
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INTPs are less comfortable in their social ability, so they fear someone trying to exert control over them because they are less able to defend themselves and still remain engaged. The only way to protect the self is to vanish.

    ENTPs are more comfortable in their social ability and know they can take care of themselves if someone gets a little over-excited or tries to pin them down; however, the one thing they can't control is someone who pulls away from THEM (the abandonment parT).
    Insightful. Meeting people is easy, connecting is difficult, hence there may be something to what you say as we lose what we want most and have the most difficulty achieving.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #44
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    <Ne supported by Fi>
    The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function.

    The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    Very interesting, it would explain the complaints I've heard about ENFPs being fickle and exploitative of personal relationships... and ESFPs too.

    That sort of instability of course would scare INTPs to death... or leave a bitter taste in their mouths.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #45
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    <Ne supported by Fi>


    Very interesting, it would explain the complaints I've heard about ENFPs being fickle and exploitative of personal relationships... and ESFPs too.

    That sort of instability of course would scare INTPs to death... or leave a bitter taste in their mouths.
    +1

    I don't think they realize they are being fickle - they always seem to find plausible reasons as to why it's the other person's fault.....and lack of Ti allows them to go on believing this, even when presented with the evidence.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    +1

    I don't think they realize they are being fickle - they always seem to find plausible reasons as to why it's the other person's fault.....and lack of Ti allows them to go on believing this, even when presented with the evidence.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post328633

  7. #47
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I don't think they realize they are being fickle - they always seem to find plausible reasons as to why it's the other person's fault.....and lack of Ti allows them to go on believing this, even when presented with the evidence.
    Wow.

    I don't have many dealings with ENFPs, but you have just described my ESFP kid to a T. It's scary.

    You can actually observe him doing it too. He'll revise history or make a situation sour just in order to justify how he's feeling in the moment. (Needless to say, it doesn't go over well in a family of Introverts who all dig in and don't budge on the facts.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #48
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That sort of instability of course would scare INTPs to death... or leave a bitter taste in their mouths.
    scares me to death, too. rare as it is that I attach to someone, if I do, I'm in for the long haul; it's virtually feudal to me, y'know, if I take that extra step with a person? 'til death, etc., and I can be surprisingly tenacious too...

    I think people are often surprised by how different an ENTP can be when they're bonded with somebody, as opposed to how we are with 'everyone else'... I've often had remarks about 'unexpected intensity'.

    I think the reason for this sorta stamina I have in relationships - the will to see through and work through everything, no matter what - comes from a knowledge that for me, the opening up, bonding etc process is something that has to come gradually... I can't just open up on command. I'm not even aware most of the time of my own feelings - to express them to others can't just be done at will, however much I might want to. I have to spend a long while digging them out myself so i can even know what I'm going to express, the whole process is very 'underground' for me, so somebody needs to be in for the long haul if they want to get to see those parts of me. I need to have confidence that they won't abandon me if what gets dug up isn't pretty...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  9. #49
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think intimacy is tough for NT's in general as we're not so comfortable with the soft and squishy side of things. I regard emotions as this dark ocean of meaning and chthonic impulses that surges beneath the surface. Tapping into that by way of emotional congress with another is both exciting and terrifying.
    I like this thought... I never really visualized it like that but its true. I know that I have my own ocean of weirdness called 'emotion' under the surface, and when I think about adding another persons emotions into the mix the formula gets complicated quickly in a scary/exciting kind of way. I'm thinking "Butterfly Effect" here, only among people and not exactly 'butterflies and rain".
    Embrace the possibilities.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    scares me to death, too. rare as it is that I attach to someone, if I do, I'm in for the long haul; it's virtually feudal to me, y'know, if I take that extra step with a person? 'til death, etc., and I can be surprisingly tenacious too...

    I think people are often surprised by how different an ENTP can be when they're bonded with somebody, as opposed to how we are with 'everyone else'... I've often had remarks about 'unexpected intensity'.

    I think the reason for this sorta stamina I have in relationships - the will to see through and work through everything, no matter what - comes from a knowledge that for me, the opening up, bonding etc process is something that has to come gradually... I can't just open up on command. I'm not even aware most of the time of my own feelings - to express them to others can't just be done at will, however much I might want to. I have to spend a long while digging them out myself so i can even know what I'm going to express, the whole process is very 'underground' for me, so somebody needs to be in for the long haul if they want to get to see those parts of me. I need to have confidence that they won't abandon me if what gets dug up isn't pretty...
    This makes me feel a lot better about my own slowwwwness at opening up to people and why I fight so hard to keep friendships/relationships that I have alive. They're hard won and few and far between. I've been living with the thought that there must be something wrong with me for taking so long to actually have feelings for someone. Dating doesn't seem to work because it puts that expectation that I'll be able to open up and connect, when really, the only people I've ever truly fallen for were my FRIENDS first.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP with a Fear of Intimacy Now Ignoring Me
    By CandyCane11 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 10:26 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP and Fear of Rejection
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
  3. [INTP] What do INTPs think of the world financial crisis?
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP 2 INTP (possibly of use to others)
    By Xander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO