• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Te work that lacks the Ti logic

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
my ENTP friend always makes fun of my ENTJ friend for making out note cards to study. he sees it as illogical and pointless. why copy information to note cards if its right in the book? is something he would say.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
my ENTP friend always makes fun of my ENTJ friend for making out note cards to study. he sees it as illogical and pointless. why copy information to note cards if its right in the book? is something he would say.

Probably because he can memorize better that way. It is not illogical, given that the end goal is understanding the material. The way your ENTP friend uses the word "logic" seems funny.

I cannot relate to that.

Yeah I think introverts are less likely to do things "just because".

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
me and my girlfriend, through and thru :)

lol, we are hopeless

we don't work together at all, and they are the exact arguments we have :p

ENTJ and an ENTP lol, you can imagine how that pans out at times haha

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
TJ
"Well at least I'm doing something."

TP
"All you're doing is wasting time and energy."

I think people sometimes have a strange concept of "wasting energy". Sometimes wasting energy is pleasurable. Sometimes I get bored if I have nothing to do, so I waste energy doing things that aren't necessary, and it's not a problem at all. It makes me feel better.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
given that the end goal is understanding the material.

Exactly the difference. Ti is hardcore formal logic for the sake of logic. It's an a priori and very self-contained in a way.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In university, we had a course in which we learned how to plan a project. Well that's boring but I see the point in it.

Then we had that special excersise, where we needed to find 20 ways about how to connect two things together. For the construction there were only 2 possibly solutions, namely screw it or glue it together.

But in the end we came up with ideas like "creating a magnetic field with induction and holding the two things in place" ahaha

That was a waste of time. But of most of the Te things you can make fun of. Then it's doable :). And most of it really has some basic need, it's just some need, I'll be never intrested in but I respect it and obey its rules.

MBTI Type
ENTP
You know sometimes people just want to do things for no particular reason.

Yeah, extrovert people.

I think people sometimes have a strange concept of "wasting energy". Sometimes wasting energy is pleasurable. Sometimes I get bored if I have nothing to do, so I waste energy doing things that aren't necessary, and it's not a problem at all. It makes me feel better.
I hope you felt better after this post ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
rotfl, nice pun

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Probably because he can memorize better that way. It is not illogical, given that the end goal is understanding the material. The way your ENTP friend uses the word "logic" seems funny.

Yeah I think introverts are less likely to do things "just because".
ya im aware

i personally think this thread is... well... stupid considering Te and Ti can both technically be very logical. PLUS, thinking /= logic... necessarily.

redacted

Heh, my INTJ friend and I always bicker -- he always thinks he wins the arguments because he points out concrete information ("How can you even argue with me?? It's obvious -- look at this and this. You lose."), but I always think I win because I tend to integrate more information and just view the current situation as a set of circumstances that happen to apply at the moment...

I think of him as short-sighted; he thinks of me as impractical.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ti: "It doesn't matter if we get there on time. We're all gonna die someday, you know."

In that same line of reasoning you would spend $400 on a $200 TV; why waste it? Time that is wasted is time spent without getting something in return.
We are just 7s in the sense of... lets make life rewarding.

And. We like a challenge.