• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are you "full of yourself?"

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Of course we're full of ourselves, we're the best... duh!

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?: Well, I do have a general disinterest in a good deal of schoolwork, and a logic versus emotion conflict with my teacher on English (as mentioned in the 'Do NTs have problems with homework thread). I don't have a job, so I can't really say anything there. As for jobs around the house, I don't put those off seeing as how I see an immediate point to them.

Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what your current responsibilities demand, but do lackluster work when it comes to the current "simple" responsibilities?: Yes.

If you have them, do you believe you can overcome these tendencies? If so, how? : Yes, through a balancing of what I view to be purposeful work and what I view to be pointless, so that I can maintain an internal status quo and not feel uptight when doing something I shortsightedly perceive to be pointless.

Also, I seriously fail to see how this pertains to arrogance; everyone has internal priorities.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?

Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what you're current responsibilities are but do lack luster on the current "simple" responsibilities?

If you have them, do you believe you can overcome these tendencies? If so, how?
Hell yes, more or less, and I have no fucking idea, respectively.

And to the thread title question: I'm very full of myself.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Its the whole this is beneath me thing.

All throughout life I had a way of turning the things I hated the most into a fun challenge. Untill I found out that I was an ENTP and it was holy shit I don't have to like doing this and its ok. But things still need to get done I just lost my gusto. So here is me saying screw boredom, you're smart, find a way to make it interesting.

Its a stupid realization to say this bores me because it doesn't matter and its not a good strategy

That's perfect sometimes mundane chores are my only thereputic alone time. I'm not doing nothing I am cutting two thousand foils for hightlights, oh this is boring, don't worry ill finish it because I'm cool like that you can go it won't bother me.

But you see, the mundane is not at all therapeutic (<--- my spellchecker says that is how you spell it. Good to know.) for us. The mundane prevents our intuition's desire to find connections and leap from one thing to another. Therefore, it takes phenomenal (<--- so that's how you spell it...) effort to stay on one subject (though I suspect that, as we mature, it becomes easier, though still not preferable)

I believe that paragraph proves what I'm talking about...

Menial tasks inhibit our desire to jump around, find connections and make/analyze systems - they are not something we'd ever voluntarily do. Therefore, we must be doing them because someone else told us to, which removes our independence and self-sufficiency - and this, immediately and naturally, fosters resentment.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what you're current responsibilities are but do lack luster on the current "simple" responsibilities?

As with most things, I'm satisfied with just knowing I am capable of doing something.

Gabrielle

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?

No. I do them right away. That's what I get for being heavily J.

No to that as well. I am a firm believer of Peter's Principle. If I am stuck at a position where the work is boring but I cannot be elevated to a new position, it is evident to me that the society judges my abilities as only worthy to complete such tasks. (This does not include, of course, organizations such as the US military. But I digress.)

Well... Einstein once said something along the lines of "I'd like to have a job like selecting beans, as that would leave me to think all day". I'd think such boring tasks, if they are boring because they do not challenge one's mental capacity, can be easily done without full attention and therefore the mind can be left to wander. So what is there to be bored about?

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you put off doing them for a long time?

I do with things that aren't in my way. I prioritize to do things that are most important -- I tend to obsess about certain things that really have no relevance to life, which in turns inhibits things that should be done. For example, homework that serves no purpose, laundry, etc.

I am far too full of myself in most situations, especially when I am talking to my peers. I don't broadcast my feelings, in fact I tend to play stupid around them. I'm there to make them chuckle at crazy me with my rants and neurotic antics. But occasionally, I slip. I slip and let out all of my steam at my annoyances about the incompetent people who surround me. I don't find them bad people, I just think they make stupid, idiotic decisions and then expect pity or some other emotion that doesn't come easily. Then I explode and they, very offended, tell me my shit stinks just like theirs.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I protest. My humility may be my greatest asset. In fact, I would assert that my disdain for human hubris is virtuous, worthy of praise, and a viewpoint that many other unenlightened folks should aspire towards in their quest of life.

Labyrinth

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I dont get why NTs are always complaining of boredom. Intellectually speaking I am never bored. One I have figured something out then I challenge my self with in it. Its that whole setting number goal thing.

Anyway only boring people get bored.

I agree, same here...:yes:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am quite full of myself thanks for asking :D

Most definitely. Hell, I still have to clean and organize my room that I was supposed to do six months ago, but there are so many more interesting things to do that are equally, or more productive, than cleaning, like starting a war with my soon to be previous college.
I'm also finding that keeping a summer job or any other minimum wage job has become really difficult to do, after a month or so of working, it all blends together, every day seems the same, and it annoys me oh so much. I just can't be pushing buttons on a cashier for more than a year, I'd go crazy. Money can only motivate me for so long.
I wonder if anyone else has (or had) this problem with crappy jobs you get out of high school and stuff.

As stated above, yes. I feel like I have a lot of potential, but many of the people who put me down value other things, like timeliness, ridiculous focus on details, and just getting kicks out of failing the majority of a class (I'm mostly talking about a professor I despise).
A lot of people that I know from work actually think I'm slow and a bit dim-witted because I'm not the kind of person who can focus on staring at some freaking water all day and look out for dead babies or whatever. Same was with when I worked at McDonald's, I found it really difficult to keep doing the same thing for eight hours, and people just thought I was lazy, but I have the attention span of a goldfish. I try, but still.

More motivation, I guess. I could overcome the tendencies, but maybe I don't find that to be a priority in my life as of now.

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

Yes. Usually I find things to be interesting until I've completely figured them out. Then I get bored and abandon it.

Yes. My current job could be performed by a trained monkey, and even though I give thoughtful and useful input to my managers on how we could make everyone's work flow more efficient, they ignore me. So I've become cynical and deliberately screw things up, but in a way that no one could tell it was me that did it.

Yes, I just need to find a job that is more intellectually stimulating. Hopefully now that the economy in my area is improving, this will happen soon.

Radiant Flux

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, or I just won't do them at all.

Well, yeah, but isn't that pretty common with most people?

Perhaps try and be more sensitive to others needs and wants. I tend to be self-centered.