User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Of course we're full of ourselves, we're the best... duh!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1, 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Everyone's full of themselves.

They just express it in different ways.

NTs might be more obvious especially if you get into intelligence or competence issues.

Right on...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?: Well, I do have a general disinterest in a good deal of schoolwork, and a logic versus emotion conflict with my teacher on English (as mentioned in the 'Do NTs have problems with homework thread). I don't have a job, so I can't really say anything there. As for jobs around the house, I don't put those off seeing as how I see an immediate point to them.

Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what your current responsibilities demand, but do lackluster work when it comes to the current "simple" responsibilities?: Yes.

If you have them, do you believe you can overcome these tendencies? If so, how? : Yes, through a balancing of what I view to be purposeful work and what I view to be pointless, so that I can maintain an internal status quo and not feel uptight when doing something I shortsightedly perceive to be pointless.

Also, I seriously fail to see how this pertains to arrogance; everyone has internal priorities.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?

Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what you're current responsibilities are but do lack luster on the current "simple" responsibilities?

If you have them, do you believe you can overcome these tendencies? If so, how?
    Hell yes, more or less, and I have no fucking idea, respectively.

And to the thread title question: I'm very full of myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Its the whole this is beneath me thing.

All throughout life I had a way of turning the things I hated the most into a fun challenge. Untill I found out that I was an ENTP and it was holy shit I don't have to like doing this and its ok. But things still need to get done I just lost my gusto. So here is me saying screw boredom, you're smart, find a way to make it interesting.

Its a stupid realization to say this bores me because it doesn't matter and its not a good strategy
    That's perfect sometimes mundane chores are my only thereputic alone time. I'm not doing nothing I am cutting two thousand foils for hightlights, oh this is boring, don't worry ill finish it because I'm cool like that you can go it won't bother me.
    But you see, the mundane is not at all therapeutic (<--- my spellchecker says that is how you spell it. Good to know.) for us. The mundane prevents our intuition's desire to find connections and leap from one thing to another. Therefore, it takes phenomenal (<--- so that's how you spell it...) effort to stay on one subject (though I suspect that, as we mature, it becomes easier, though still not preferable)

I believe that paragraph proves what I'm talking about...

Menial tasks inhibit our desire to jump around, find connections and make/analyze systems - they are not something we'd ever voluntarily do. Therefore, we must be doing them because someone else told us to, which removes our independence and self-sufficiency - and this, immediately and naturally, fosters resentment.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what you're current responsibilities are but do lack luster on the current "simple" responsibilities?

As with most things, I'm satisfied with just knowing I am capable of doing something.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?

No. I do them right away. That's what I get for being heavily J.

No to that as well. I am a firm believer of Peter's Principle. If I am stuck at a position where the work is boring but I cannot be elevated to a new position, it is evident to me that the society judges my abilities as only worthy to complete such tasks. (This does not include, of course, organizations such as the US military. But I digress.)

Well... Einstein once said something along the lines of "I'd like to have a job like selecting beans, as that would leave me to think all day". I'd think such boring tasks, if they are boring because they do not challenge one's mental capacity, can be easily done without full attention and therefore the mind can be left to wander. So what is there to be bored about?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you put off doing them for a long time?

I do with things that aren't in my way. I prioritize to do things that are most important -- I tend to obsess about certain things that really have no relevance to life, which in turns inhibits things that should be done. For example, homework that serves no purpose, laundry, etc.

I am far too full of myself in most situations, especially when I am talking to my peers. I don't broadcast my feelings, in fact I tend to play stupid around them. I'm there to make them chuckle at crazy me with my rants and neurotic antics. But occasionally, I slip. I slip and let out all of my steam at my annoyances about the incompetent people who surround me. I don't find them bad people, I just think they make stupid, idiotic decisions and then expect pity or some other emotion that doesn't come easily. Then I explode and they, very offended, tell me my shit stinks just like theirs.

MBTI
    INTP

I protest. My humility may be my greatest asset. In fact, I would assert that my disdain for human hubris is virtuous, worthy of praise, and a viewpoint that many other unenlightened folks should aspire towards in their quest of life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Talking

I dont get why NTs are always complaining of boredom. Intellectually speaking I am never bored. One I have figured something out then I challenge my self with in it. Its that whole setting number goal thing.

Anyway only boring people get bored.
    I agree, same here...