User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

You sound like you have lots of interesting knowledge, AO. (I think a bit of language barrier issue is preventing me from understanding what is happening in your second example.) I think that people would be interested... Often times it's not what you say, it's how you say it. So maybe you'd get a more favorable response if you worked on your delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Do you stretch your arm out? Does it matter if you have longer arms or bigger hands? I'm guessing the proportions stay the same.

Also, if you don't know when the Sun rose, is it safe to assume that at 12pm the Sun will be directly overhead? (That's something you can judge with shadows, too.)

Funny visual. You're not looking at your watch, but you're staring at the Sun with your hand outstretching, making calculations...

Thanks for this. I'm gonna try it.

Sorry if my explanation is not perfect I have typed that in 2.30AM.
    Yes you need to stretch your arm to do this.
    Sizes of arm and fingers are very important since it is not unimportant if your "tool" is 20 of 27 cm long and it is not the same if you have it 60 or 80 cm from your eye.

As for the sun over your head part that depends on where you live on the globe.

I have said you don't need hand if you are skilled in this. But for that you need a lot of practice.
    If you live in a city all the time this skill is probably not to usefull. For me it is since I future geologist what means spending alot of time in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    You sound like you have lots of interesting knowledge, AO. (I think a bit of language barrier issue is preventing me from understanding what is happening in your second example.) I think that people would be interested... Often times it's not what you say, it's how you say it. So maybe you'd get a more favorable response if you worked on your delivery?
    I agree with you in general.
    But the point of that example in not understandabe on any language.
    When I try to explain that on my language to people that speak my language they are confused just as you are. The problem is that there is simply too deep devide in knowledge. For example: I presume that you have never heard for Thethys Ocean. But without that there is no way that you can picture this scenario/story.

I think that language has almost nothing to do with unreasonability of that example.