• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ever Felt Like a Feeler?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is relatively strange for me, as my Ti has always been overly dominant. and i rarely feel any sympathy deeply even for my friends (except really really close ones) or empathy towards almost anyone.
My Ti for the longest time has rejected the notion of dating and marriage as uncessary for survival, rather luxury. Simply put not a fan of sex and the fact people use relationship to excuse themself from their true goals, etc etc.

Strangely enough though, i love romance novels, as the plot itself contains element of beauty. Fate, tragedy, etc etc nothing cliche though.

So one day like every once in awhile i finished a romance novel. normally the ":wubbie:" would disapear in one day or two. But this time it has stuck around for like a week. There is this empty sensation inside me, wanting to experience beauties of emotion, relationship, etc. suddenly expecting stuff from like birthday, etc. Now i actually feel frustration, hatred, happiness, etc. And it shows out unconsciously and supposively very noticeable according to my friends. Before i used to just decide, "Right, i'm going to display hatred" and so forth most the times. Now i'm not even analyzing most the times.

so my question to any NT's out there, have you ever felt this way? other temperaments are welcome to answer as well.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Oh sure. It feels nice to use those underutilized muscles occasionally.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I should hope so.

A mature individual will work to experience as complete a picture of his humanity as possible.

Limiting oneself to an exclusive temperament range is a great way to cheat yourself out of the imperfect elegance that is our shared condition.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel terribly identified with you, blanclait. It happens that exactly to me. I love angsty and tragedies. When it's well written it just sucks me.
But I think that's since I'm emotionally retarded, it's like a relief. Like, 'since I can't take this from inside me, I have to take from outside sources'. Or maybe the 4 wing?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a job us NFs should be good at when mature enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I feel terribly identified with you, blanclait. It happens that exactly to me. I love angsty and tragedies. When it's well written it just sucks me.
But I think that's since I'm emotionally retarded, it's like a relief. Like, 'since I can't take this from inside me, I have to take from outside sources'. Or maybe the 4 wing?

Yeah, this is what I experience as well. When I read romance literature (good stuff, not what you find in the "romance" section of Barnes and Noble) I know that, were I in the position of one of the characters that I identify with, I wouldn't experience the emotions. But through the book (or the movie) it sort of gives me an avenue through which to experience them.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Yeah, this is what I experience as well. When I read romance literature (good stuff, not what you find in the "romance" section of Barnes and Noble) I know that, were I in the position of one of the characters that I identify with, I wouldn't experience the emotions. But through the book (or the movie) it sort of gives me an avenue through which to experience them.

:yes:

Although it doesn't even have to be particularly good stuff for me.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, it's like being another person for a moment. A person who's actually able to have those feelings clearly... Weird.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

I can relate to the second half of this. I've never been able to express it like that.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Passion is my drug. Sadly I have become quite desensitized, but the withdrawal symptoms and longing remain.

I watched Bergman's "Autumn Sonata" last night. A year ago, that would have filled me up. Last night's pleasure was retrospective.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I should hope so.

A mature individual will work to experience as complete a picture of his humanity as possible.

Limiting oneself to an exclusive temperament range is a great way to cheat yourself out of the imperfect elegance that is our shared condition.

Nicely phrased there my man...;) I work out my emotional/romantic idealism spells vicariously through artwork. I tend to gravitate to more cathartic color based work than narrative when this occurs...associating tonal relationships that correspond to what I'm feeling...If I cant find the beauty I seek in this tangible world, I attempt to create it abstractly. I score very high on introverted feeling (37.1) and why I am a magnet to INFP women. It always ends tragically......good muse material though.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nicely phrased there my man...;) I work out my emotional/romantic idealism spells vicariously through artwork. I tend to gravitate to more cathartic color based work than narrative...associating tonal relationships that correspond to what I'm feeling...If I cant find the beauty I seek in this tangible world, I attempt to create it abstractly. I score very high on introverted feeling (37.1) and why I am a magnet to INFP women. It always ends tragically......good muse material though.

This is a great strategy.

Color as an ideal rhythm. A personalized language that explores emotions not spontaneously available within the dialect of our everyday discourse.

Almost like singing in the shower. What matters isn't adherence to precise lyrics, but instead an examination of individuality - as an artistic technique.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Color as an ideal rhythm. A personalized language that explores emotions not spontaneously available within the dialect of our everyday discourse.

Almost like singing in the shower. What matters isn't adherence to strict texture, but examination of individuality - as an artistic technique.

True.

I sometimes pull out my watercolors and do tonal variations for one scene (though with far less facility than I could wish). On different days I give priority to different subtleties in the colors. It can be a fairly dramatic experience.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
True.

I sometimes pull out my watercolors and do tonal variations for one scene (though with far less facility than I could wish). On different days I give priority to different subtleties in the colors. It can be a dramatic experience.

I'd imagine the consistency of your artistic stroke is of less importance than the experience of applying it to form.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj

I mix 8 video decks live and create narrative material when I'm angry/frustrated. It creates an interesting visual juxtaposition of unconscious emotional vs. pragmatic ruthlessness. A painter friend called it "beautifully violent".

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I mix 8 video decks live and create narrative material when I'm angry/frustrated. It creates an interesting visual juxtaposition of unconscious emotional vs. pragmatic ruthlessness. A painter friend called it "beautifully violent".
I'm not as cool as you, but I have thrown up five movie windows on my TV (Connected to PC) before, and the sound composition was something serious(ly awesome). I think it was something like Lawrence of Arabia, Vanishing Point, Heat, Mad Max, and The Lives of Others.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I'm not as cool as you, but I have thrown up five movie windows on my TV (Connected to PC) before, and the sound composition was something serious(ly awesome). I think it was something like Lawrence of Arabia, Vanishing Point, Heat, Mad Max, and The Lives of Others.

It is essentially the same concept but much more deliberate and rapid fire.

MySpace.com - corndog/alibi visuals - 102 - Male - CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - www.myspace.com/alibivideo

The last box of color is what I am currently working on.