User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Ever Felt Like a Feeler?

This is relatively strange for me, as my Ti has always been overly dominant. and i rarely feel any sympathy deeply even for my friends (except really really close ones) or empathy towards almost anyone.
    My Ti for the longest time has rejected the notion of dating and marriage as uncessary for survival, rather luxury. Simply put not a fan of sex and the fact people use relationship to excuse themself from their true goals, etc etc.

Strangely enough though, i love romance novels, as the plot itself contains element of beauty. Fate, tragedy, etc etc nothing cliche though.

So one day like every once in awhile i finished a romance novel. normally the "" would disapear in one day or two. But this time it has stuck around for like a week. There is this empty sensation inside me, wanting to experience beauties of emotion, relationship, etc. suddenly expecting stuff from like birthday, etc. Now i actually feel frustration, hatred, happiness, etc. And it shows out unconsciously and supposively very noticeable according to my friends. Before i used to just decide, "Right, i'm going to display hatred" and so forth most the times. Now i'm not even analyzing most the times.

so my question to any NT's out there, have you ever felt this way? other temperaments are welcome to answer as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Oh sure. It feels nice to use those underutilized muscles occasionally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I should hope so.

A mature individual will work to experience as complete a picture of his humanity as possible.

Limiting oneself to an exclusive temperament range is a great way to cheat yourself out of the imperfect elegance that is our shared condition.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Limiting oneself to an exclusive temperament range is a great way to cheat yourself out of the imperfect elegance that is our shared condition.
    Lovely.

MBTI
    ENTP

I feel terribly identified with you, blanclait. It happens that exactly to me. I love angsty and tragedies. When it's well written it just sucks me.
    But I think that's since I'm emotionally retarded, it's like a relief. Like, 'since I can't take this from inside me, I have to take from outside sources'. Or maybe the 4 wing?
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

That's a job us NFs should be good at when mature enough.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    I feel terribly identified with you, blanclait. It happens that exactly to me. I love angsty and tragedies. When it's well written it just sucks me.
    But I think that's since I'm emotionally retarded, it's like a relief. Like, 'since I can't take this from inside me, I have to take from outside sources'. Or maybe the 4 wing?
    Yeah, this is what I experience as well. When I read romance literature (good stuff, not what you find in the "romance" section of Barnes and Noble) I know that, were I in the position of one of the characters that I identify with, I wouldn't experience the emotions. But through the book (or the movie) it sort of gives me an avenue through which to experience them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, this is what I experience as well. When I read romance literature (good stuff, not what you find in the "romance" section of Barnes and Noble) I know that, were I in the position of one of the characters that I identify with, I wouldn't experience the emotions. But through the book (or the movie) it sort of gives me an avenue through which to experience them.

Although it doesn't even have to be particularly good stuff for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, it's like being another person for a moment. A person who's actually able to have those feelings clearly... Weird.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    I can relate to the second half of this. I've never been able to express it like that.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...