User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

whenever I see a cute puppy....

.... damned puppies... making me feel all warm and fuzzy! (if that's what you call that feeling)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by astroidea View Post
    Similar story here.
    I was a hardcore Ti that was emotionally detached.
    The only emotion I had was when I felt passionate for my interests, or inspired by creativity, but rarely with people.
    This totally changed when I met my INFP/ENFP gf... who showed me a whole nother side to being human.
    I ended up feeling horrible for being so emotionally detached before to the point that I went into depression and my gf couldn't stand me anymore and left me.
    I tried so very hard to build up my emotion with people, to empathize and to bring out the best of others. It was an endless frustrating struggle in which the harder I tried, the harder I failed. I became so empty from trying to change myself so progressively.
    It doesn't work that well, does it.
    How do you NT's find the balance without destroying your ego?
    Tricky question, coz what's 'balance' mean? You can't really change, but you can get better at life. I don't know, man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by astroidea View Post
    How do you NT's find the balance without destroying your ego?
    Lack of balance, feeds my ego!!!
    honestly, I have come to accept that I am a man of extremes. I am either up at 6am working my ass off for 14 hours, or I do jack shit and wake up at 1pm. Apply that to every other area of my life...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    This is relatively strange for me, as my Ti has always been overly dominant. and i rarely feel any sympathy deeply even for my friends (except really really close ones) or empathy towards almost anyone.
    My Ti for the longest time has rejected the notion of dating and marriage as uncessary for survival, rather luxury. Simply put not a fan of sex and the fact people use relationship to excuse themself from their true goals, etc etc.

Strangely enough though, i love romance novels, as the plot itself contains element of beauty. Fate, tragedy, etc etc nothing cliche though.

So one day like every once in awhile i finished a romance novel. normally the "" would disapear in one day or two. But this time it has stuck around for like a week. There is this empty sensation inside me, wanting to experience beauties of emotion, relationship, etc. suddenly expecting stuff from like birthday, etc. Now i actually feel frustration, hatred, happiness, etc. And it shows out unconsciously and supposively very noticeable according to my friends. Before i used to just decide, "Right, i'm going to display hatred" and so forth most the times. Now i'm not even analyzing most the times.

so my question to any NT's out there, have you ever felt this way? other temperaments are welcome to answer as well.
    This shit happened to me, too. I was almost robotic until I was about eighteen, then it all came crashing down, somehow. I'm not saying i'm the most touchy-feely guy in town, but i've gone from "Dexter" to what I believe is normal. I don't know if i'm going to congratulate you or not; because while you made your life more enjoyable, you also made it a lot harder. If this way of being sticks to you, I mean.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP

I am honestly Effing Confused. I never though of T vs. F as one having emotions while the other is a robot.

WTF, is that even possible to just repress emotions like rage, love, aggrevation, etc?

Does this make the person a robot?

The way I always pictured F vs. T was:

F = Subjective approach
    T = Objective approach

So is it confirmed that most immature T's would not feel emotions as the rest of the population?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Ayrab, things can be very unbalanced. Some T-people probably experience this, for me it was that I had not known anything else until I met my first girlfriend, she made me crack.

She's the first person I loved. Literally. Didn't start loving my parents until recently. They were pretty bad parents when they were younger...

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    This shit happened to me, too. I was almost robotic until I was about eighteen, then it all came crashing down, somehow. I'm not saying i'm the most touchy-feely guy in town, but i've gone from "Dexter" to what I believe is normal. I don't know if i'm going to congratulate you or not; because while you made your life more enjoyable, you also made it a lot harder. If this way of being sticks to you, I mean.
    Completely relate to this.

I didn't begin emotional improvement until 22-23 though, and it's still a work in progress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    whenever I see a cute puppy....

.... damned puppies... making me feel all warm and fuzzy! (if that's what you call that feeling)
    Oh my god I forgot that. Damn puppies. I can completely ignore human babies but... but puppies aggghh.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Completely relate to this.

I didn't begin emotional improvement until 22-23 though, and it's still a work in progress.
    How did it get to you, then? Girlfriend?
    I began feeling lonely all of a sudden, and then I fell in love Fucked up shit. But I've got to admit that it's a work in progress, for me, too.
    But really... Sometimes I wish things would have stayed as they were. I hate worrying about everyday shit.

This may be a bit of maturity on your part? This is a part of everyone to some degree but you only expressed it through reading about it.
    I used to only express it through art.
    You now are getting to where you are wanting some more first hand experience and that is healthy.

But to answer your question. Yes...and it is very...uncomfortable for me. I felt love for my husband whom I lost to cancer.

I am now dating a man who is important to me, and makes me feel more than I ever have for anyone but my children.

It really is annoying and many times I don't know what to do with it all...all the feelings.
    He suggested I could use a code word for "I love you"
    I scoffed at the idea but find myself doing just that.