User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Passion is my drug. Sadly I have become quite desensitized, but the withdrawal symptoms and longing remain.

I watched Bergman's "Autumn Sonata" last night. A year ago, that would have filled me up. Last night's pleasure was retrospective.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I should hope so.

A mature individual will work to experience as complete a picture of his humanity as possible.

Limiting oneself to an exclusive temperament range is a great way to cheat yourself out of the imperfect elegance that is our shared condition.
    Nicely phrased there my man... I work out my emotional/romantic idealism spells vicariously through artwork. I tend to gravitate to more cathartic color based work than narrative when this occurs...associating tonal relationships that correspond to what I'm feeling...If I cant find the beauty I seek in this tangible world, I attempt to create it abstractly. I score very high on introverted feeling (37.1) and why I am a magnet to INFP women. It always ends tragically......good muse material though.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Nicely phrased there my man... I work out my emotional/romantic idealism spells vicariously through artwork. I tend to gravitate to more cathartic color based work than narrative...associating tonal relationships that correspond to what I'm feeling...If I cant find the beauty I seek in this tangible world, I attempt to create it abstractly. I score very high on introverted feeling (37.1) and why I am a magnet to INFP women. It always ends tragically......good muse material though.
    This is a great strategy.

Color as an ideal rhythm. A personalized language that explores emotions not spontaneously available within the dialect of our everyday discourse.

Almost like singing in the shower. What matters isn't adherence to precise lyrics, but instead an examination of individuality - as an artistic technique.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Color as an ideal rhythm. A personalized language that explores emotions not spontaneously available within the dialect of our everyday discourse.

Almost like singing in the shower. What matters isn't adherence to strict texture, but examination of individuality - as an artistic technique.
    True.

I sometimes pull out my watercolors and do tonal variations for one scene (though with far less facility than I could wish). On different days I give priority to different subtleties in the colors. It can be a fairly dramatic experience.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    True.

I sometimes pull out my watercolors and do tonal variations for one scene (though with far less facility than I could wish). On different days I give priority to different subtleties in the colors. It can be a dramatic experience.
    I'd imagine the consistency of your artistic stroke is of less importance than the experience of applying it to form.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Certainly .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I watched Bergman's "Autumn Sonata" last night. A year ago, that would have filled me up. Last night's pleasure was retrospective.
    Bergman works his romantic idealism through his tragic scripts...and is an absolute master. If you can find it..watch "devil's eye". It is actually really funny and one of my favorites.

The Devil's Eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    intj

I mix 8 video decks live and create narrative material when I'm angry/frustrated. It creates an interesting visual juxtaposition of unconscious emotional vs. pragmatic ruthlessness. A painter friend called it "beautifully violent".

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    I mix 8 video decks live and create narrative material when I'm angry/frustrated. It creates an interesting visual juxtaposition of unconscious emotional vs. pragmatic ruthlessness. A painter friend called it "beautifully violent".
    I'm not as cool as you, but I have thrown up five movie windows on my TV (Connected to PC) before, and the sound composition was something serious(ly awesome). I think it was something like Lawrence of Arabia, Vanishing Point, Heat, Mad Max, and The Lives of Others.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm not as cool as you, but I have thrown up five movie windows on my TV (Connected to PC) before, and the sound composition was something serious(ly awesome). I think it was something like Lawrence of Arabia, Vanishing Point, Heat, Mad Max, and The Lives of Others.
    It is essentially the same concept but much more deliberate and rapid fire.

MySpace.com - corndog/alibi visuals - 102 - Male - CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - www.myspace.com/alibivideo

The last box of color is what I am currently working on.