• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ever Felt Like a Feeler?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I can identify a bit with the OP--I think it's why I've always been drawn to acting. If you don't feel a tidal wave of emotion all the time, it's nice to have outlets that let you experience it. I love the emotional turbulence in a good play, but I know that IRL, I would hate the unnecessary arguing and suffering. It's a nice, scripted way to go emo. :devil:

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
agreed emotions can be beautiful, but i want to experience emotion as an art form. i want my life to be an art. yet i haven't done anything yet.
hmm this probably won't make much sense to most people.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh yeah, the OP...

Sure. I usually either care a lot or don't care at all. That good? Good.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I garuntee that you feel every day. You drive a car? You use Se. You decide what show you want to watch? Fi. You decide what everyone in the room probably wants to watch? Fe.

while T's dont make F decisions as much as F's do, I do think that T's can have just as big of "emotional trip ups or outlets". There are definitely xxTx painters, writers, musicians etc for example.

For me personally, music always gets to me...that and really "out there" movies. Movies that can create their own worlds and self contained mythology etc.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Actually, deciding what everyone in the room wants to watch would be more Te ;)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
*damn that disregard's got too much Ti. I thought snappy nit picking was an INTP thing*

Actually... damn I got nothing. Thinkers feel, in fact just the other day I checked out a couple of books on tactile learning.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
I garuntee that you feel every day. You drive a car? You use Se. You decide what show you want to watch? Fi. You decide what everyone in the room probably wants to watch? Fe.
etc.

don't get me wrong, i feel everyday for sure. But whats different was the intensity of the emotion, that it came to the point it disregarded many of my principles and beliefs. And my Ti was unable to get a hold of it.

last time i felt like that was about 4 yrs ago, which i supposively "fell-in-love." But i think i became momentarily retarded due to excess alcohol consumption that month.

My mind is starting to dominate once again though. i think its a good experience though. Since due to my Ti/si and Ti/ne working together 99% of the times, I sometimes truely forget what i want.

astroidea

MBTI Type
ENTP
Similar story here.
I was a hardcore Ti that was emotionally detached.
The only emotion I had was when I felt passionate for my interests, or inspired by creativity, but rarely with people.
This totally changed when I met my INFP/ENFP gf... who showed me a whole nother side to being human.
I ended up feeling horrible for being so emotionally detached before to the point that I went into depression and my gf couldn't stand me anymore and left me.
I tried so very hard to build up my emotion with people, to empathize and to bring out the best of others. It was an endless frustrating struggle in which the harder I tried, the harder I failed. I became so empty from trying to change myself so progressively.
How do you NT's find the balance without destroying your ego?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
whenever I see a cute puppy....

windowslivewriterfivetipstoassistinpottytrainingyourpuppy-13830puppy-2.jpg

:wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

.... damned puppies... making me feel all warm and fuzzy! (if that's what you call that feeling)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Similar story here.
I was a hardcore Ti that was emotionally detached.
The only emotion I had was when I felt passionate for my interests, or inspired by creativity, but rarely with people.
This totally changed when I met my INFP/ENFP gf... who showed me a whole nother side to being human.
I ended up feeling horrible for being so emotionally detached before to the point that I went into depression and my gf couldn't stand me anymore and left me.
I tried so very hard to build up my emotion with people, to empathize and to bring out the best of others. It was an endless frustrating struggle in which the harder I tried, the harder I failed. I became so empty from trying to change myself so progressively.
It doesn't work that well, does it.
Tricky question, coz what's 'balance' mean? You can't really change, but you can get better at life. I don't know, man.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lack of balance, feeds my ego!!! :devil:
honestly, I have come to accept that I am a man of extremes. I am either up at 6am working my ass off for 14 hours, or I do jack shit and wake up at 1pm. Apply that to every other area of my life...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is relatively strange for me, as my Ti has always been overly dominant. and i rarely feel any sympathy deeply even for my friends (except really really close ones) or empathy towards almost anyone.
My Ti for the longest time has rejected the notion of dating and marriage as uncessary for survival, rather luxury. Simply put not a fan of sex and the fact people use relationship to excuse themself from their true goals, etc etc.

Strangely enough though, i love romance novels, as the plot itself contains element of beauty. Fate, tragedy, etc etc nothing cliche though.

So one day like every once in awhile i finished a romance novel. normally the ":wubbie:" would disapear in one day or two. But this time it has stuck around for like a week. There is this empty sensation inside me, wanting to experience beauties of emotion, relationship, etc. suddenly expecting stuff from like birthday, etc. Now i actually feel frustration, hatred, happiness, etc. And it shows out unconsciously and supposively very noticeable according to my friends. Before i used to just decide, "Right, i'm going to display hatred" and so forth most the times. Now i'm not even analyzing most the times.

so my question to any NT's out there, have you ever felt this way? other temperaments are welcome to answer as well.

This shit happened to me, too. I was almost robotic until I was about eighteen, then it all came crashing down, somehow. I'm not saying i'm the most touchy-feely guy in town, but i've gone from "Dexter" to what I believe is normal. I don't know if i'm going to congratulate you or not; because while you made your life more enjoyable, you also made it a lot harder. If this way of being sticks to you, I mean.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am honestly Effing Confused. I never though of T vs. F as one having emotions while the other is a robot.

WTF, is that even possible to just repress emotions like rage, love, aggrevation, etc?

Does this make the person a robot?

The way I always pictured F vs. T was:

F = Subjective approach
T = Objective approach

So is it confirmed that most immature T's would not feel emotions as the rest of the population?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ayrab, things can be very unbalanced. Some T-people probably experience this, for me it was that I had not known anything else until I met my first girlfriend, she made me crack.

She's the first person I loved. Literally. Didn't start loving my parents until recently. They were pretty bad parents when they were younger...

MBTI Type
INxJ
This shit happened to me, too. I was almost robotic until I was about eighteen, then it all came crashing down, somehow. I'm not saying i'm the most touchy-feely guy in town, but i've gone from "Dexter" to what I believe is normal. I don't know if i'm going to congratulate you or not; because while you made your life more enjoyable, you also made it a lot harder. If this way of being sticks to you, I mean.

Completely relate to this.

I didn't begin emotional improvement until 22-23 though, and it's still a work in progress.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
whenever I see a cute puppy....

windowslivewriterfivetipstoassistinpottytrainingyourpuppy-13830puppy-2.jpg

:wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

.... damned puppies... making me feel all warm and fuzzy! (if that's what you call that feeling)

Oh my god I forgot that. Damn puppies. I can completely ignore human babies but... but puppies aggghh.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Completely relate to this.

I didn't begin emotional improvement until 22-23 though, and it's still a work in progress.

How did it get to you, then? Girlfriend?
I began feeling lonely all of a sudden, and then I fell in love :shock: Fucked up shit. But I've got to admit that it's a work in progress, for me, too.
But really... Sometimes I wish things would have stayed as they were. I hate worrying about everyday shit.

kaboom

MBTI Type
INTP
This may be a bit of maturity on your part? This is a part of everyone to some degree but you only expressed it through reading about it.
I used to only express it through art.
You now are getting to where you are wanting some more first hand experience and that is healthy.

But to answer your question. Yes...and it is very...uncomfortable for me. I felt love for my husband whom I lost to cancer.

I am now dating a man who is important to me, and makes me feel more than I ever have for anyone but my children.

It really is annoying and many times I don't know what to do with it all...all the feelings.
He suggested I could use a code word for "I love you"
I scoffed at the idea but find myself doing just that.