• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] question for entjs

Frank

Do you guys ever feel you have taken on too many projects at once? Have any of you developed any good methods for returning clarity to thought when working on several enterprises at the same time? I fear I may have overextended myself but as you know giving up is not an option. Any insights are appreciated.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't do several things at the same time.. I finish one, and move on to the next; If at all possible.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that's more of an ENTP thing.

Frank

Just to clarify. I am not talking about doing more than one thing at the same time literally. I am speaking more of starting multiple businesses within the same time frame.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Just to clarify. I am not talking about doing more than one thing at the same time literally. I am speaking more of starting multiple businesses within the same time frame.

My ENTJ friend has tried it, numerous times.........he never managed to finish one either...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't one fledgling business enough!? Any newly started business can - and most of the time will - eat away all available time. There's just 24 hours every day, dude. If you feel that you can't handle it, hire an intelligent ISTJ to help you out... They are awesome.

Frank

Never said I haven't finished but I will however accept the (implied) challenge.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Might just as well acknowledge intelligence when found, instead of fighting it. =P Even if you are a bit rude, at times :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really made you wonder now, huh? :D Nah, it's just that "antisocial intelligent geek" jargon. I actually like it a lot. :)

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll never ever believe what comes from an ENTJ mouth again.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, it has happened to me sometimes to take up too many projects. Maybe you could delegate some of them? Do you know anyobody that would be willing? This has always been my solution in those cases. Is it a whole business, or just a project?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Do you guys ever feel you have taken on too many projects at once? Have any of you developed any good methods for returning clarity to thought when working on several enterprises at the same time? I fear I may have overextended myself but as you know giving up is not an option. Any insights are appreciated.

Yes, I think the most important is to schedule some holidays. I went for too long without real ones and I felt the difference when I took some. It's a simple but great way to resource yourself.

Frank

Two businesses and one project. I will definitely try and delegate off some of the work. My problem has always been in trusting someone to do it up to my standards. I also need to sit down and plan out the systems I want to use. Right now I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants as they are both in the beginning phases and I'm tending to the ,imo, boring ass details of the structures.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Most of the time, an ENTJ isn't foolish enough to take on so much work he can't handle it.

I recommend retaking the MBTI. You sound like an ENTP.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Two businesses and one project. I will definitely try and delegate off some of the work. My problem has always been in trusting someone to do it up to my standards. I also need to sit down and plan out the systems I want to use. Right now I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants as they are both in the beginning phases and I'm tending to the ,imo, boring ass details of the structures.

I'm going to sound like I'm ordering you around, but really its just how I give advice...

I recommend a master plan. You know how you have business plans or a project plan? Well, now you need to COMBINE them, focusing on actual objective TASKS.

-Once the master plan has fully integrated the three smaller separate plans, then map them all out in a word file, on a giant calender or palm etc according to TASKS by date.

-Once everything is fully mapped at least a few weeks out (as far as tasks), then you can save time by never (or not as often) having to waste time "thinking of what you need to do". You will simply just "know". From this master task sheet you can then divide up your days by hours/task etc.

-You will need to do a combination of "batching" (combine smaller little things together to save time: example is when you sit down and do ALL of the lab write ups for the entire semester on day one, in one sitting, because its more efficient)

-You will also need to integrate your plans so that you don't get stuck batching for only one of the projects/businesses that day.

Another great piece of advice is to time your down time: get one of those kitchen twist around 60m timers. If you're apt to take too long of breaks when you eat, check email, watch TV etc, set the timer. when it goes off, just instinctively stand up, stop what you're doing and get back to work.

Frank

Most of the time, an ENTJ isn't foolish enough to take on so much work he can't handle it.

I recommend retaking the MBTI. You sound like an ENTP.

First of all its not more than I can handle. Secondly I was looking for other methods that entjs might use in situations when their resources are taxed but not depleted. If you have no recommendations in that department, comment elsewhere.