• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] question for entjs

Frank

I'm going to sound like I'm ordering you around, but really its just how I give advice...

I recommend a master plan. You know how you have business plans or a project plan? Well, now you need to COMBINE them, focusing on actual objective TASKS.

-Once the master plan has fully integrated the three smaller separate plans, then map them all out in a word file, on a giant calender or palm etc according to TASKS by date.

-Once everything is fully mapped at least a few weeks out (as far as tasks), then you can save time by never (or not as often) having to waste time "thinking of what you need to do". You will simply just "know". From this master task sheet you can then divide up your days by hours/task etc.

-You will need to do a combination of "batching" (combine smaller little things together to save time: example is when you sit down and do ALL of the lab write ups for the entire semester on day one, in one sitting, because its more efficient)

-You will also need to integrate your plans so that you don't get stuck batching for only one of the projects/businesses that day.

Another great piece of advice is to time your down time: get one of those kitchen twist around 60m timers. If you're apt to take too long of breaks when you eat, check email, watch TV etc, set the timer. when it goes off, just instinctively stand up, stop what you're doing and get back to work.

Thats sound advice Babylon. Thank you.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Most of the time, an ENTJ isn't foolish enough to take on so much work he can't handle it.

I recommend retaking the MBTI. You sound like an ENTP.

This isn't true at all, it's not how J and P types are defined.

Frank

This isn't true at all, it's not how J and P types are defined.

I agree. I was almost hesitant to even post this question on here as I knew it was one of those queries that would bring the amateur type theorists out of the woodwork. I do however wish to thank you, maverick and babylon for adressing the question as it was asked and offering useful bits of information.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
Yes. I will get interested in a lot different things, get carried away in what I commit myself to due to enthusiasm, then find myself a bit overwhelmed. To resolve this, I have to go back through, tie up all lose ends on each of the things I've started and then weed out the unimportant or less serious/interesting things.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Isn't one fledgling business enough!? Any newly started business can - and most of the time will - eat away all available time. There's just 24 hours every day, dude. If you feel that you can't handle it, hire an intelligent ISTJ to help you out... They are awesome.

ENTJ's should DEFINITELY cooperate with ISTJ's.
Awesome :D

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ISTJ? I'd think an INTJ and a hive of INTPs along with an ENTP or two sprinkled in there would be better. Rules-mongers are nuisances, through and through.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ? I'd think an INTJ and a hive of INTPs along with an ENTP or two sprinkled in there would be better. Rules-mongers are nuisances, through and through.

ISTJs cant assimilate problems they weren't assigned as well as ESTJs can.

Problem with INTJ is that he might try and puppet master/grab control of the whole thing.

If you want people who will do what their told and then assimilate similar tasks without need of delegation: ESTJs.

If you want it to basically run itself and make smart decisions on its own: get an ISTP.

If you want someone to analyze it to death, get an INTP.

If you want someone to fuck it all up with office christmas parties and feel good day, get any ENFJ

If you want someone to waste funds on how the business looks asthetically, hire an ESFJ

...I got carried away.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ISFJ, as predicted by socionics, is imho the best partner for ENTJs, notwithstanding the ISFJ having competence in the field the ENTJ needs help (if the ENTJ is running a computer science-based firm, he won't benefit very much from the advice of an ISFJ fashion designer, but rather from an ISFJ with a compsci background, and vice versa).

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
ISFJ, as predicted by socionics, is imho the best partner for ENTJs, notwithstanding the ISFJ having competence in the field the ENTJ needs help (if the ENTJ is running a computer science-based firm, he won't benefit very much from the advice of an ISFJ fashion designer, but rather from an ISFJ with a compsci background, and vice versa).

I'd tend to agree with this. I have an ISFJ friend at work and we work together extremely well. I think we have a mutual admiration and respect for one another. Finding a male ISFJ out in the real world, tho... Haven't quite managed that yet.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

a socionics ISFj is an MBTI ISFP.

none the less, both are good partners for ENTJ.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ISTJs cant assimilate problems they weren't assigned as well as ESTJs can.

Problem with INTJ is that he might try and puppet master/grab control of the whole thing.

If you want people who will do what their told and then assimilate similar tasks without need of delegation: ESTJs.

If you want it to basically run itself and make smart decisions on its own: get an ISTP.

If you want someone to analyze it to death, get an INTP.

If you want someone to fuck it all up with office christmas parties and feel good day, get any ENFJ

If you want someone to waste funds on how the business looks asthetically, hire an ESFJ

...I got carried away.

INTPs are very useful. Very, VERY useful. Especially in large quantities.

All of the SJ types are bad for progress. Anyone that sticks to structure and orders against the better judgment of solving a problem has no place in any intellectual venture. Put them into the accounting and law firms and the compliance branches of Wall Street. Keep them away from the actual product design and problem solving processes. They only screw things up and slow them down.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I hoarded projects as ENTJ at a time.. It has developed with age, and I guess I choose a reasonable amount of projects for me at the moment. Perhaps too few, if anything, tho there's no big problem there.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
hmmm, it is an interesting question, and as i am only 17, i am yet to try my hand at running a business [although it is something i am itching to try]

however i think i can apply my school experiences

more often than not, i feel like i am overburdoned
but for me, that is more of a coping mechanism, coz the moment i feel stressed, or paniced, i explode into a "whirling fury of ENTJ organisational amazment" (an amazing quote from an amazing INFJ friend :))

as such, i am able to turn out highly complex papers that would require others weeks to right, in one night.

i guess it comes down to the fact that a little stress can help to motivate you to go along way further than you normally would

is anyone else like that?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have too engaged in extremely concentrated periods of work, but I stopped being able to a few years ago. I noticed it required extremely optimal settings, mood, life situation, optimism, etc.

Thinking it may have gone away for some time now, I've developed a talent of persistence, which I use to same effect. It isn't nearly as cool to do something for a long time, though; but it needs much less setting up, doesn't require particular mood of me.. still, I hope to be able to recover my ability for those super-work-sessions.

Actually, why wouldn't I try right now, today? Part of what held me back was because of my burnout. I'm feeling well now and I'm not afraid of stress from such working sessions anymore. Here I go, then ;)

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
that is also understandable!

i have recently sat my QCS exams [for the calculation of OP etc. in Grade 12]

very very stressful time, as i had that, and many other assignments also due at the same time, so found myself sitting tests that were challenging, and nerve-rackingly important, and then going home, and writing 3000 word essays that were due in a couple of days time,

and while i think i burnt myself out slightly during then (thank god for holidays...i crashed for several days and just slept) i got through it because of the pressure, AND THE CHALLENGE IT CREATED!

it was both a difficult and confrontational time, as it put all my ENTJ skills to the test!

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
hmmm, it is an interesting question, and as i am only 17, i am yet to try my hand at running a business [although it is something i am itching to try]

however i think i can apply my school experiences

more often than not, i feel like i am overburdoned
but for me, that is more of a coping mechanism, coz the moment i feel stressed, or paniced, i explode into a "whirling fury of ENTJ organisational amazment" (an amazing quote from an amazing INFJ friend :))

as such, i am able to turn out highly complex papers that would require others weeks to right, in one night.

i guess it comes down to the fact that a little stress can help to motivate you to go along way further than you normally would

is anyone else like that?

holy smokes youre interesting:cool:

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
hmmm, i'm not entirely sure if you are being serious or not!

so i will take the compliment, THANKS :)