5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Really made you wonder now, huh? Nah, it's just that "antisocial intelligent geek" jargon. I actually like it a lot.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

I'll never ever believe what comes from an ENTJ mouth again.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah, it has happened to me sometimes to take up too many projects. Maybe you could delegate some of them? Do you know anyobody that would be willing? This has always been my solution in those cases. Is it a whole business, or just a project?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Do you guys ever feel you have taken on too many projects at once? Have any of you developed any good methods for returning clarity to thought when working on several enterprises at the same time? I fear I may have overextended myself but as you know giving up is not an option. Any insights are appreciated.
    Yes, I think the most important is to schedule some holidays. I went for too long without real ones and I felt the difference when I took some. It's a simple but great way to resource yourself.

Two businesses and one project. I will definitely try and delegate off some of the work. My problem has always been in trusting someone to do it up to my standards. I also need to sit down and plan out the systems I want to use. Right now I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants as they are both in the beginning phases and I'm tending to the ,imo, boring ass details of the structures.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Most of the time, an ENTJ isn't foolish enough to take on so much work he can't handle it.

I recommend retaking the MBTI. You sound like an ENTP.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    I think that's more of an ENTP thing.
    ding ding ding
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Two businesses and one project. I will definitely try and delegate off some of the work. My problem has always been in trusting someone to do it up to my standards. I also need to sit down and plan out the systems I want to use. Right now I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants as they are both in the beginning phases and I'm tending to the ,imo, boring ass details of the structures.
    I'm going to sound like I'm ordering you around, but really its just how I give advice...

I recommend a master plan. You know how you have business plans or a project plan? Well, now you need to COMBINE them, focusing on actual objective TASKS.

-Once the master plan has fully integrated the three smaller separate plans, then map them all out in a word file, on a giant calender or palm etc according to TASKS by date.

-Once everything is fully mapped at least a few weeks out (as far as tasks), then you can save time by never (or not as often) having to waste time "thinking of what you need to do". You will simply just "know". From this master task sheet you can then divide up your days by hours/task etc.

-You will need to do a combination of "batching" (combine smaller little things together to save time: example is when you sit down and do ALL of the lab write ups for the entire semester on day one, in one sitting, because its more efficient)

-You will also need to integrate your plans so that you don't get stuck batching for only one of the projects/businesses that day.

Another great piece of advice is to time your down time: get one of those kitchen twist around 60m timers. If you're apt to take too long of breaks when you eat, check email, watch TV etc, set the timer. when it goes off, just instinctively stand up, stop what you're doing and get back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Most of the time, an ENTJ isn't foolish enough to take on so much work he can't handle it.

I recommend retaking the MBTI. You sound like an ENTP.
    First of all its not more than I can handle. Secondly I was looking for other methods that entjs might use in situations when their resources are taxed but not depleted. If you have no recommendations in that department, comment elsewhere.