User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Hidden thoughts

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I fantasize that me and Ayn Rand are superheroes and we go around beating up hobos.
    LMAO! I haven't laughed this hard since... yesterday!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w9

lol @ Ayn Rand.

I dream of competence... that's about it. nothing dark :P

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am very melancholy and just realized now that i was wrong when i called it nostalgia because the things i dwell on never actually happened. otherwise, i get very dark thoughts, but i tend to assume that low serotonin levels are more responsible for those and the violent nightmares than my personality type.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    I am very melancholy and just realized now that i was wrong when i called it nostalgia because the things i dwell on never actually happened. otherwise, i get very dark thoughts, but i tend to assume that low serotonin levels are more responsible for those and the violent nightmares than my personality type.
    Same. I'm very melancholy, and my thoughts are usually about things that I imagine rather than things that have happened (though I get those too). I have very dark thoughts, so much so that I don't want to share them in this thread because they are inappropriate on many different levels. I've had some pretty sick dreams as well.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm very melancholy, and my thoughts are usually about things that I imagine rather than things that have happened (though I get those too).
    While I wouldn't consider myself terribly melancholy [though I get accused of it]
    I can definitely attest to spending a lot more time concerning "what ifs" than what is. I will also create realities for myself, to the point where I can confuse myself thinking of something with actually having done it, which creates problems for me.

Also, it has recently been brought to my attention that my response to serious or stressful events is rather abnormal. Or at least that's what my sister says. My ability to be so matter-of-fact during certain events, she says, is indicative of a disorder of some kind, but I'm not so sure I agree. For example, I was 10 minutes away from going out to Valentine's day dinner when my mom ran up to my room and told me my dad had fallen down and she was having trouble getting him up. He had had quad bypass surgery over a week before so he was still recovering, so I went down and helped him sit up before realizing his left side was paralyzed. Throughout the whole ordeal I was completely calm, and in control of myself. And when I called my GF to cancel my plans and simply told her "Hey, my dad had a stroke, they took him to the hospital and stuff, but if you want to come over or something you still can."

Anyone else like that? I never thought it odd before being confronted with it a couple days ago.

Also, I frequently "hope," not completely seriously, but from an interest point of view, that there will be a dramatic, paradigm-shifting event that alters the geopolitical or social landscape of the world. Just because I'm bored and want something different. Very selfish, I know.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    For example, I was 10 minutes away from going out to Valentine's day dinner when my mom ran up to my room and told me my dad had fallen down and she was having trouble getting him up. He had had quad bypass surgery over a week before so he was still recovering, so I went down and helped him sit up before realizing his left side was paralyzed. Throughout the whole ordeal I was completely calm, and in control of myself. And when I called my GF to cancel my plans and simply told her "Hey, my dad had a stroke, they took him to the hospital and stuff, but if you want to come over or something you still can."
    That's exactly how I would react. Freaking out won't change the circumstances and could perhaps rile up your family, who are most likely panicked already. I can't imagine any other way to handle that situation.

(Also, I'm really sorry about your dad. Hope he's better now...)

FigerPuppet

Sometimes I have thought about how easy it would be to just grab a kitchen knife and kill my family. One time I even ended up questioning my ability to control my own actions. It was pretty weird - kinda OCD where you must do a certain thing, even though you do not want to do it. But I quickly turned off my imagination and that made the silly feeling go away.

I have similar thoughts when walking down the street "There isn't anything but willpower between walking down the street - just like I'm doing - and assaulting a random person". Then I jump into an imaginative scene where I assault and kill a stranger, which is sort of satisfying.

I think I would be willing to kill if
    1: I could get away with it.
    2: The victim wasn't someone I know
    3: It would be professional - like in Hostel.
    - but I'm not sure, as I'm afraid of how it would change me.

Those are some of my darkest thoughts. I have some nasty ones too (involving me being able to stop time or being invisible), but those aren't interesting.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Sometimes I have thought about how easy it would be to just grab a kitchen knife and kill my family. One time I even ended up questioning my ability to control my own actions. It was pretty weird - kinda OCD where you must do a certain thing, even though you do not want to do it. But I quickly turned off my imagination and that made the silly feeling go away.

I have similar thoughts when walking down the street "There isn't anything but willpower between walking down the street - just like I'm doing - and assaulting a random person". Then I jump into an imaginative scene where I assault and kill a stranger, which is sort of satisfying.

I think I would be willing to kill if
    1: I could get away with it.
    2: The victim wasn't someone I know
    3: It would be professional - like in Hostel.

Those are some of my darkest thoughts. I have some nasty ones too (involving me being able to stop time or being invisible), but those aren't interesting.
    Wow, I'm not going to lie and say that wasn't disturbing for me to read. One question - what does that compulsion feel like? Is it that you want to see if you can do it, or that you want to feel the blades physically pierce or that you want someone dead? I'm just trying to understand the thought process or the internal dialogue - basically, why is this appealing?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

How do you think it would change you?

They sound hella interesting, do you mind sharing some?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Wow, I'm not going to lie and say that wasn't disturbing for me to read. One question - what does that compulsion feel like? Is it that you want to see if you can do it, or that you want to feel the blades physically pierce or that you want someone dead? I'm just trying to understand the thought process or the internal dialogue - basically, why is this appealing?
    I've had similar thoughts, but it's never a desire. It's more like "Hmm, it would be so easy to just run over this pedestrian" or "I wonder what would happen if [insert morbid thought here]." It's never really a huge urge, more like an extrapolation of imagination. It's like whenever I walk into a bank, I think about robbing it, or think about disarming the robber in front of me and being the hero.

Anyways, can't wait to see you on Sunday amirite? LOL!