User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 51

  1. #31
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That's a cool description and you have a perception of those things equal to mine. I am glad that is so, I was beginning to feel alone without BlueWing or Jack comments that are hard to invoke (or tickle that works here, doesnt it ?).
    I think you need to use a chainsaw to tickle those two enough to get an in-depth response.

    (Although once BW's engine starts running, it goes until the tank is dry.)

    So I do not know what you do, but I will go to a party now and get abusively drunk
    ha, what a truly carnal Se response.

    I'm in the mood, but unfortunately my purse is cheaper than my tastes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Is it possible that this is linked to low Ti in those INTJs rather the discrepancy of Ne vs Ni?
    Possibly. Intelligence goes a long way in matters of intellect, if you can believe that.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Possibly. Intelligence goes a long way in matters of intellect, if you can believe that.
    Just wondered since you also said you think INTJs don't appreciate INTP logic. Seemed like more of a lack of Ti than dominance of Ni.

  4. #34
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Just wondered since you also said you think INTJs don't appreciate INTP logic. Seemed like more of a lack of Ti than dominance of Ni.
    I don't know, I've known INTJs (including my boss, for awhile) who were hung up on Ni and Te and seemed to view Ti as a wrench in their beautiful machine.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Just wondered since you also said you think INTJs don't appreciate INTP logic. Seemed like more of a lack of Ti than dominance of Ni.
    Okay. I really need to put "Functional analysis is dead" back in my sig, so I don't have to state my opinion on the matter daily, but for the sake of argument, I'll pretend like FA is the word of God for the moment.

    If an INTJ has out of control Ni, they'll think whatever they decide (with their relatively puny Thinking function(s)) is indisputable. You can't argue with that.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You're very fortunate.

    Whenever I make a move on the basis of what my Ni tells me, I always feel like I'm side-stepping into an arena of intellectual convenience...

    ...that is to say, my decision didn't properly pass the sniff test of my empirically-based Ti. It's as if I'm somehow disrupting the accuracy of my desire by limiting the filtration systems that govern it.

    Ironically, it could be my Ni forcing this repetition in intellectual source-checking.
    Side-stepping? As in you are uncomfortable with the decision because you can't see all the steps your subconscious mind used to come to that decision so it lacks logic somehow? Your Ti battles with your Ni because you don't know why you know? Sorry I'm just thinking out loud trying to understand what you meant by this, am I close?

  7. #37
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    To explain a bit further - for me, Ti provides a defensible framework. A series of intellectual footprints to reference, should I need to double-check my judgment.

    Think of Ti as you would a Geometric proof. To prove a theorem, you must show your work. If A, then B. Because of B, then C.

    My Ni is more an aggregation of knowledge. Like birdshot. Once fired, I'll probably hit quite a few different targets, but won't have near the surgical precision that Ti offers.

    This doesn't suggest that Ti is infallible. Far from it. Functions are only as valuable as the user inclines them to be.


    Ti is a thumbprint. Ni is a chalk outline.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Okay. I really need to put "Functional analysis is dead" back in my sig, so I don't have to state my opinion on the matter daily, but for the sake of argument, I'll pretend like FA is the word of God for the moment.

    If an INTJ has out of control Ni, they'll think whatever they decide (with their relatively puny Thinking function(s)) is indisputable. You can't argue with that.
    I'm an INTJ, I can argue with anything.

    Kidding, I agree that out of control Ni with Te to back it up for confirmation bias is not a good thing. That is one of the problems with Ni, you don't really know why you know because of the random way the conclusion is reached, figuring out when to just go with it and how to balance it with the other functions takes maturity and that intelligence stuff you mentioned before.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I agree, night. We live in a world of degree and difference, as do our minds.

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Kidding, I agree that out of control Ni with Te to back it up for confirmation bias is not a good thing. That is one of the problems with Ni, you don't really know why you know because of the random way the conclusion is reached, figuring out when to just go with it and how to balance it with the other functions takes maturity and that intelligence stuff you mentioned before.
    And INTJs are easy to get along with unless they're wrong.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    To explain a bit further - for me, Ti provides a defensible framework. A series of intellectual footprints to reference, should I need to double-check my judgment.

    Think of Ti as you would a Geometric proof. To prove a theorem, you must show your work. If A, then B. Because of B, then C.

    My Ni is more an aggregation of knowledge. Like birdshot. Once fired, I'll probably hit quite a few different targets, but won't have near the surgical precision that Ti offers.

    This doesn't suggest that Ti is infallible. Far from it. Functions are only as valuable as the user inclines them to be.


    Ti is a thumbprint. Ni is a chalk outline.
    Thanks, that is along the same lines I was thinking, I understand the show your work issue with Ni. I do question why you value Ti over Ni though, sounds to me that you have made a decision to use Ti instead of Ni or is it that you double check your Ni with Ti to see if the conclusion is sound?

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] how does extroverted sensing and introverted intuition play with each other?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
  2. [INTP] can an intp use introverted intuition?
    By chado in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 09:33 AM
  3. Video: Carl Jung on intuition and the Ni (Introverted Intuition)
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 11:14 PM
  4. (Ni) Introverted Intuition and Critical Thinking?
    By Ribonuke in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 10:17 PM
  5. [MBTItm] INJs and Introverted Intuition
    By Martian Manifesto in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO