User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 51

  1. #21
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    @Jennifer

    That's a cool description and you have a perception of those things equal to mine. I am glad that is so, I was beginning to feel alone without BlueWing or Jack comments that are hard to invoke (or tickle that works here, doesnt it ?).

    So I do not know what you do, but I will go to a party now and get abusively drunk

    See you later, with a new thread idea of mine
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #22
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    As a (former) heavy user of Ni, I'd place a disclaimer on its use.

    Ni is a heavy weapon.

    Takes a great deal of expertise to properly use it.

    Early on, it's probably best used as a way to amplify concentration. Ni is great for that. A brilliant complement to Ni is Ti. Ti is a great tool to offset some of the "conspiracy theory" eventualities that can easily spiral from an overindulgent attention to the paranoia of Ni.

    Use with caution. Do not operate heavy machinery while using.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    however, the Ni user does this all subconsciously. The Ti Ne Si INTP, uses Ti, to consciously come to understanding.
    I shant give you authority on the knowledge of what goes on in my head. I often have "Eureka!" moments which are by definition out-of-the-blue, regarding a subject I was not contemplating.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Most INTPs I've interacted with are suspicious of Ni and do not seem to really grasp or appreciate it.

  5. #25
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Most INTPs I've interacted with are suspicious of Ni and do not seem to really grasp or appreciate it.
    I'm suspicious of it.

    You've had better results?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Most INTPs I've interacted with are suspicious of Ni and do not seem to really grasp or appreciate it.
    Suspicious indeed of the (when disagreeing) INTJ intuition, just as INTJs avoid our logic like it's a disease, and will corrupt them.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Suspicious indeed of the (when disagreeing) INTJ intuition, just as INTJs avoid our logic like it's a disease, and will corrupt them.
    To be honest, I find that I'm more open to the INTP way of thinking than the reverse. And this also goes for my less N and more J INTJ father. I find the dominant judging in INTPs to be very present when conversing with them. But perhaps INTPs have the same feeling (only extraverted judgement and no father). Perhaps part of it is also a style incompatibility.

    Night, no, I can't say that I am. I embrace it without losing awareness of doing so, so to speak. Ni is always relative the way I experience it (and I realise the limits of this relative perspective). It's worked out ok so far. How has Ni been "negative" to you?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    To be honest, I find that I'm more open to the INTP way of thinking than the reverse. And this also goes for my less N and more J INTJ father. I find the dominant judging in INTPs to be very present when conversing with them. But perhaps INTPs have the same feeling (only extraverted judgement and no father). Perhaps part of it is also a style incompatibility.
    The differences rear their extremely ugly heads in arguments. I had a very intelligent INTJ friend for years, and he had more knowledge, but I was more logical. Occasionally I would blindside him with some deduction he'd never thought of, and he would become visibly angry. Being more intelligent than stubborn though, he would absorb this new knowledge and move on.

    Of course, I have found a handful of INTJs to be completely insufferable, because they just know the conclusion they came up with which has no relation to reality is the only correct one.

  9. #29
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Night, no, I can't say that I am. I embrace it without losing awareness of doing so, so to speak. Ni is always relative the way I experience it. It's worked out ok so far.
    You're very fortunate.

    Whenever I make a move on the basis of what my Ni tells me, I always feel like I'm side-stepping into an arena of intellectual convenience...

    ...that is to say, my decision didn't properly pass the sniff test of my empirically-based Ti. It's as if I'm somehow disrupting the accuracy of my desire by limiting the filtration systems that govern it.

    Ironically, it could be my Ni forcing this repetition in intellectual source-checking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The differences rear their extremely ugly heads in arguments. I had a very intelligent INTJ friend for years, and he had more knowledge, but I was more logical. Occasionally I would blindside him with some deduction he'd never thought of, and he would become visibly angry. Being more intelligent than stubborn though, he would absorb this new knowledge and move on.

    Of course, I have found a handful of INTJs to be completely insufferable, because they just know the conclusion they came up with which has no relation to reality is the only correct one.
    It sounds like more an issue of emotional maturity (tertiary Fi) than Ni, Jack.

    Could be wrong. I'm operating on somewhat of a thin premise, as I'm not personally familiar with your examples.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The differences rear their extremely ugly heads in arguments. I had a very intelligent INTJ friend for years, and he had more knowledge, but I was more logical. Occasionally I would blindside him with some deduction he'd never thought of, and he would become visibly angry. Being more intelligent than stubborn though, he would absorb this new knowledge and move on.

    Of course, I have found a handful of INTJs to be completely insufferable, because they just know the conclusion they came up with which has no relation to reality is the only correct one.
    Is it possible that this is linked to low Ti in those INTJs rather the discrepancy of Ne vs Ni?

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] how does extroverted sensing and introverted intuition play with each other?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
  2. [INTP] can an intp use introverted intuition?
    By chado in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 09:33 AM
  3. Video: Carl Jung on intuition and the Ni (Introverted Intuition)
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 11:14 PM
  4. (Ni) Introverted Intuition and Critical Thinking?
    By Ribonuke in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 10:17 PM
  5. [MBTItm] INJs and Introverted Intuition
    By Martian Manifesto in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO