User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

@Jennifer

That's a cool description and you have a perception of those things equal to mine. I am glad that is so, I was beginning to feel alone without BlueWing or Jack comments that are hard to invoke (or tickle that works here, doesnt it ?).

So I do not know what you do, but I will go to a party now and get abusively drunk

See you later, with a new thread idea of mine
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

As a (former) heavy user of Ni, I'd place a disclaimer on its use.

Ni is a heavy weapon.

Takes a great deal of expertise to properly use it.

Early on, it's probably best used as a way to amplify concentration. Ni is great for that. A brilliant complement to Ni is Ti. Ti is a great tool to offset some of the "conspiracy theory" eventualities that can easily spiral from an overindulgent attention to the paranoia of Ni.

Use with caution. Do not operate heavy machinery while using.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    however, the Ni user does this all subconsciously. The Ti Ne Si INTP, uses Ti, to consciously come to understanding.
    I shant give you authority on the knowledge of what goes on in my head. I often have "Eureka!" moments which are by definition out-of-the-blue, regarding a subject I was not contemplating.

MBTI
    nnnn

Most INTPs I've interacted with are suspicious of Ni and do not seem to really grasp or appreciate it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Most INTPs I've interacted with are suspicious of Ni and do not seem to really grasp or appreciate it.
    I'm suspicious of it.

You've had better results?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Suspicious indeed of the (when disagreeing) INTJ intuition, just as INTJs avoid our logic like it's a disease, and will corrupt them.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Suspicious indeed of the (when disagreeing) INTJ intuition, just as INTJs avoid our logic like it's a disease, and will corrupt them.
    To be honest, I find that I'm more open to the INTP way of thinking than the reverse. And this also goes for my less N and more J INTJ father. I find the dominant judging in INTPs to be very present when conversing with them. But perhaps INTPs have the same feeling (only extraverted judgement and no father). Perhaps part of it is also a style incompatibility.

Night, no, I can't say that I am. I embrace it without losing awareness of doing so, so to speak. Ni is always relative the way I experience it (and I realise the limits of this relative perspective). It's worked out ok so far. How has Ni been "negative" to you?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

To be honest, I find that I'm more open to the INTP way of thinking than the reverse. And this also goes for my less N and more J INTJ father. I find the dominant judging in INTPs to be very present when conversing with them. But perhaps INTPs have the same feeling (only extraverted judgement and no father). Perhaps part of it is also a style incompatibility.
    The differences rear their extremely ugly heads in arguments. I had a very intelligent INTJ friend for years, and he had more knowledge, but I was more logical. Occasionally I would blindside him with some deduction he'd never thought of, and he would become visibly angry. Being more intelligent than stubborn though, he would absorb this new knowledge and move on.

Of course, I have found a handful of INTJs to be completely insufferable, because they just know the conclusion they came up with which has no relation to reality is the only correct one.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Night, no, I can't say that I am. I embrace it without losing awareness of doing so, so to speak. Ni is always relative the way I experience it. It's worked out ok so far.
    You're very fortunate.

Whenever I make a move on the basis of what my Ni tells me, I always feel like I'm side-stepping into an arena of intellectual convenience...

...that is to say, my decision didn't properly pass the sniff test of my empirically-based Ti. It's as if I'm somehow disrupting the accuracy of my desire by limiting the filtration systems that govern it.

Ironically, it could be my Ni forcing this repetition in intellectual source-checking.

The differences rear their extremely ugly heads in arguments. I had a very intelligent INTJ friend for years, and he had more knowledge, but I was more logical. Occasionally I would blindside him with some deduction he'd never thought of, and he would become visibly angry. Being more intelligent than stubborn though, he would absorb this new knowledge and move on.

Of course, I have found a handful of INTJs to be completely insufferable, because they just know the conclusion they came up with which has no relation to reality is the only correct one.
    It sounds like more an issue of emotional maturity (tertiary Fi) than Ni, Jack.

Could be wrong. I'm operating on somewhat of a thin premise, as I'm not personally familiar with your examples.

MBTI
    xxxx

Is it possible that this is linked to low Ti in those INTJs rather the discrepancy of Ne vs Ni?