• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP / INFP couples?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you're P, he's P, at least one of you will need to learn how to initiate. :D

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
She's E.

I don't think ENFPs ever have a problem initiating.

The problem is that they've got no introverted perception function between em.

There's no one to keep relationship bearing.

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't have any problem initiating. I do hold back with him because I don't want to scare him away. So where I normally would initiate the majority of things in a relationship, I am initiating everything even with my attempt at being more reserved in order to respect his space.

Tell me more about the importance of introverted perception.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmm, very close to a mirror. Dunno. Any relationship can work (at least its N/N), but I don't know about the synergy. Have to do research on cognitive functions.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I wouldn't go for that personaly. Tends to get ugly. You will find that an INTJ will make complement you in so many ways.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
The problem is that they've got no introverted perception function between em.

There's no one to keep relationship bearing.

Unless they know about it, and can work around it.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
What bout ENFJ and ENFP

Chloe

i just got back from 1 week holiday with my INFP friend... this is how it looked : roflmao

untitled.jpg

i'd like to date INFP too... :love: they sometimes intimidate me, when they are .... you know... very mature and sure of themselves... too bad many arent so sure of themselves.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I certainly think an INFP and ENFP have more dating compatibility that most other pairings for these groups...

So if it makes you both happy, go for it.

But my experience has been that INFPs seem to fit the friend category better for me. While INFJs and INTJs fit the dating category better.

My two best friends in the whole world are INFP. One is male, the other female. But it's like we are so much alike that it'd be like dating myself.

With INTJs and INFJs we the same in some ways and different in others... but the mix is just right. In other words, as a couple the ENFP and INxJ mix covers most of the bases. This benefits us both. But an ENFP/INFP couple would be so much alike that there would be glaring holes in our competency as a couple operating in the world.

For example, it'd be a freakin' miracle if either of us ever got anything done... like ever. Who'd be on time to events. Who'd find the other's cell phone when it was misplaced. Who'd remind the other to lop off some of the options we'd both see.

Hope this makes sense.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I think it's amazing, ENP's win, especially ENFP's. As long if they put up with me that is.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
I certainly think an INFP and ENFP have more dating compatibility that most other pairings for these groups...

So if it makes you both happy, go for it.

But my experience has been that INFPs seem to fit the friend category better for me. While INFJs and INTJs fit the dating category better.

My two best friends in the whole world are INFP. One is male, the other female. But it's like we are so much alike that it'd be like dating myself.

With INTJs and INFJs we the same in some ways and different in others... but the mix is just right. In other words, as a couple the ENFP and INxJ mix covers most of the bases. This benefits us both. But an ENFP/INFP couple would be so much alike that there would be glaring holes in our competency as a couple operating in the world.

For example, it'd be a freakin' miracle if either of us ever got anything done... like ever. Who'd be on time to events. Who'd find the other's cell phone when it was misplaced. Who'd remind the other to lop off some of the options we'd both see.

Hope this makes sense.

Maybe but I always end up resisting the IN.J person trying to boss me around and organise me and control me! They just won't let me be me. They just don't 'get' me enough. My ex-wife is INFP and the organisational side of the marriage was a big mess, which was basically why we split up -- it was all too stressful and we ended up hating each other because of it, but we are very good friends and spend a lot of time together -- it just doesn't work as a working relationship.

I think P and P at least have to go together.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe you have to be with an IN.J who has learned tact and knows that controlling people is not OK.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe in a relationship the IN.J will be the more dominant one and a woman naturally feels more OK with being the less dominant one. I know that's not PC but it does often seem to be the case.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe but I always end up resisting the IN.J person trying to boss me around and organise me and control me! They just won't let me be me. They just don't 'get' me enough. My ex-wife is INFP and the organisational side of the marriage was a big mess, which was basically why we split up -- it was all too stressful and we ended up hating each other because of it, but we are very good friends and spend a lot of time together -- it just doesn't work as a working relationship. I think P and P at least have to go together.

Maybe you have to be with an IN.J who has learned tact and knows that controlling people is not OK. Maybe in a relationship the IN.J will be the more dominant one and a woman naturally feels more OK with being the less dominant one. I know that's not PC but it does often seem to be the case.

I think there is some validity to what you said about there being inherent problems with the man being the P in a P/J couple.

Those INxJs do like to be in control. I'll give 'em that. For example, I was talking to an INFJ male about a year ago and in the middle of the conversation he decided he needed to move into the other room. He said in a very authoritative voice, "Come on with me." ... And, I followed him without even thinking about it.

Later, I reflected on this and was amazed that I just instantly did as he asked. Normally, I'm very independent and deeply resent the feeling I'm being bossed around. But it wasn't quite that he was bossing me around. It was more like he knew what he wanted to do. I was just sitting back and soaking it all in... and so I was, "Well, OK. Why not follow him. He obviously needs to move to the other room."

Usually, I hold my own with INFJs/INTJs just fine. But I have to make a conscious effort sometimes to not them them set the agenda. It normally takes a while for me to get my bearings in the relationship enough after which I'll start asserting my own agenda. Then the antics ensue.

The success of the relationship depends on the INxJ, I think. (At least with me who has worked very hard to consciously balance her P-tendencies with a little J-ness.)

The INxJ has to be willing to dial bac their J-ness to meet me in the middle. The ones who don't will get cast aside or leave on their own. (And, I must also be willing to curtail my P-excesses as well.)

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
What about ENFJ?

Do you mean an ENFP and an ENFJ dating?

Ha! Ha! Ha! :shock:

It is statistically possible, and I'm sure there are those on this forum who will contradict me. Nonetheless, I'll tell you that I've never heard of such a pairing lasting for any length of time.

ENFPs and ENFJs relationships are notorious for being filled with misunderstanding.

ENFP = Ne > Fi > Te > Si
ENFJ = Fe > Ni > Se > Ti

Not a function in common in the top four functions. Egad!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My best and fondest relationship was with an INFP.

Things that strained us: He moved at his own pace, and it was hard for me to slow down. He was very inside.. so I had constantly poke and prod, which lead to constantly worrying if I was annoying him. He'd be silent even when something WAS wrong.. so I never knew if I was screwing up, which lead to paranoia about screwing up.

But, I don't think these were at all deal breakers in the relationship. It was the distance alone that seperated us.