User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Infj and dreams

MBTI
    FREE
    Socionics
    WILL

Default Infj and dreams

I was wondering how often do other infj dream, what do you dream about and what do dreams mean to you? Did any dream that you had ever influenced a decision you had to make in real life?
    I'm an infj and I dream every time I fall a sleep, if I don't dream about anything (which rarely happens) I feel like I haven't slept at all.
    My dreams are very vivid , in fact most of the times my dreams are lucid, I know that I'm dreaming and I can alter the content of the dream to some extent. Another thing that I found interesting is that I tend to absorb information from the outside world and incorporate in my dream so that it makes sense inside my dream. For example if the tv is on and there is some documentary about horses while I'm sleeping, I will dream that I'm riding a horse or something like that.
    My dreams are often about flying or traveling somewhere, and there is always some purpose I have to fulfill.
    I would really love to read how other infj experience dreams and what do dreams mean to them, but it also maybe interesting to read other types thoughts on the subject.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    I was wondering how often do other infj dream, what do you dream about and what do dreams mean to you? Did any dream that you had ever influenced a decision you had to make in real life?
    I'm an infj and I dream every time I fall a sleep, if I don't dream about anything (which rarely happens) I feel like I haven't slept at all.
    My dreams are very vivid , in fact most of the times my dreams are lucid, I know that I'm dreaming and I can alter the content of the dream to some extent. Another thing that I found interesting is that I tend to absorb information from the outside world and incorporate in my dream so that it makes sense inside my dream. For example if the tv is on and there is some documentary about horses while I'm sleeping, I will dream that I'm riding a horse or something like that.
    My dreams are often about flying or traveling somewhere, and there is always some purpose I have to fulfill.
    I would really love to read how other infj experience dreams and what do dreams mean to them, but it also maybe interesting to read other types thoughts on the subject.
    I'm not sure if how we dream is necessarily correlated with our type.. but who knows. I have various Thinker friends who have pretty cracked-up dreams, similar to my own.

Most of my dreams border on the surreal/macabre. Elaborate, winding plotlines. Some are lucid, some I can control, for a short while, but I usually lose that sense of awareness at one point or another. Like a frame change in a movie. I can't say I've consciously allowed my dreams to affect my judgement or decisions in waking life. Despite the whole, "oh INFJ are psychic" perception- I'm not much for mysticism- & I feel that entrusting my plans to my messy subconscious would be absurdly irresponsible. Dreams are merely a cognitive carwash to me, the brain's filing data away, & the unconscious imagination projects some entertaining translations in the form of private hallucinations to pass that downtime.

Close to waking, I will, from time to time, incorporate my immediate surroundings into my dream.

Example of environmental interference:
    At my old apt, my [ISTP] roommate was playing Bob Marley quietly on his laptop nearby, as I dozed on the couch.
    I had some dream of working in a huge movie theater/arena.. all the employees wore headsets to communicate. At some point Bob Marley's Redemption Song started to come through my earphones.

My coworkers seemed to enjoy it, they hummed as we passed one another. I began to hum, as well.
    Woke myself up, doing so, just as the song was ending.

Lex: [awake] ..how long was I doing that..?
    ISTP: last half of the song.
    Lex: [scratches head] ...was I.. on-key, at least ?
    ISTP: ..yea

(silence)

ISTP: Weirdo.

I document a lot of my dreams here.

If you have an hour to kill, this episode of RadioLab was pretty cool/relevant.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I almost never dream. Even when I do, I can't remember enough of it most of the time to really piece the story line together. It's more a collection of feelings - unsettled, happy etc

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Everyone dreams all night. It's only a matter of how many of them you remember. That has to do with how vivid they are.

I remember 4 - 5 every night.

Infinite Bubble

I love my dreams... they're never bad, and actually quite plausible most of the time. I used to have night terrors as a child. Also hallucinated things coming towards me minutes after awakening and being in a trance-state in which I would talk nonsense while my parents had no idea what was going on. The only nightmare I have now, ironically, is real life!

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Lex: [awake] ..how long was I doing that..?
    ISTP: last half of the song.
    Lex: [scratches head] ...was I.. on-key, at least ?
    ISTP: ..yea

(silence)

ISTP: Weirdo.

I document a lot of my dreams here.
    No way in hell is your roomate an ISTP if he thinks your crazy dream adventures are wierd and uncool, because half of the forum calls me a 5w4 TiNi ISTP, and I'm about as insane of a forum member as you will ever find when gazing across this infinite horizon (maybe with the exception of Zang).

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    No way in hell is your roomate an ISTP if he thinks your crazy dream adventures are wierd and uncool, because half of the forum calls me a 5w4 TiNi ISTP, and I'm about as insane of a forum member as you will ever find when gazing across this infinite horizon (maybe with the exception of Zang).

Oh, he thought it was cool/entertaining, he was just affectionately making fun of me. xxTP's seem to have a penchant for that form of expression.

I read your post as, "grazing across this infinite horizon" - imagining the internet as a huge cattlefield of hooved creatures, munching their cud.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Oh yes, dreaming.
    Sometimes it seems that I never really rest because my mind is so active. My dreams wake me several times during the night. I like dreaming, but really just want my brain to rest.
    Dreaming is good, because it does help me. If I've lost something, my dreams will tell me where I've lost it. That's useful.
    On the other hand, my bad dreams are usually about ME being lost in some way. Or forgetting to do something. Often it involves my unorganized high school locker and frantically searching for something that is due OR that I've forgotten that I've enrolled in university classes and find myself behind, lost and near failing.
    My favorite and most terrifying are when God speaks to me in dreams. Twice He's said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness..." from 2 Corinthians.
    (Please realize, I don't think it's really God speaking to me.)
    And the very most terrifying is when I'm dreaming that I'm dreaming, especially when I can't wake up from the dream that I'm dreaming.
    This kind of dreaming made me very excited to see that movie, Inception. Does anyone else dream like that?

Junior Member Array quixoticcrush's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

I dream all the time. I can remember about 4 dreams a night. I've had dreams where I wake up, go to the restroom, then go back to sleep and my dream picks up where I woke up from. I also have premonitory dreams where I'll dream about a place or situation and a then a few days later I'll be in the place I dreamed about or in the situation. For example: I few weeks ago I had a dream that I was in a Japanese restaurant eating sushi and drinking saki. I remember sitting on the floor and having the bamboo wood sliding doors with the opaque windows. Not even a week later I was actually in a place just like that and I had completely forgot about the dream until I was there doing the thing in real life that I was doing in my dream.

I've even had dreams where I wake up and find out what was happening in my dream was actually happening in real life somewhere. Once I dreamed I was trying to put out a fire on the roof of a building and it was starting to spread to the adjoining building. I was trying to put it out with a checkered red and white table cloth. When I woke up and turned on the news I found out that a pizza place had burned overnight while I was sleeping and the insurance office in the adjoining building had been damaged by the fire.

Another eerie occurrence was when I dreamed that Nell Carter (from Give Me a Break; a show I remember watching as an extremely young child) came to me and stood at the foot of my bed and sang to me that I needed to be careful. I actually felt her touch my foot. The next day I heard on the news that she had died the night before in her sleep from complications of Diabetes. Not even a year later I was diagnosed with insulin resistance, which is a precursor to Diabetes.

I also believe to this day that I dreamed of 9/11 happening 5 years before it did. I was in a big city and tall buildings were on fire and there was ash and death all around me. Creepy. I even remember seeing the steel from the buildings jutting out of the rubble.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    And the very most terrifying is when I'm dreaming that I'm dreaming, especially when I can't wake up from the dream that I'm dreaming.
    This kind of dreaming made me very excited to see that movie, Inception. Does anyone else dream like that?
    I've had several meta dreams.. some good, some.. demonic. Nonetheless cool. I wouldn't trade my brain's dysfunctional synaptic fireworks show for anything.