A good post about ENP to refer to is this one:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...golamania.html

I thought about killing myself after reading it

Senior Member Array Angry Ayrab's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Sadly I think this may be part of it. Also, I think the personality trajectory of ENFP depends *a lot* on maturity level, life experience, and the weighting of the functions. And a big difference between a strong 'E' (more stereotypical ENFP) and a moderate or weak 'E' makes a pronounced difference in ENXP.

I'm not really sure how easily an ENFP would recognize another ENFP IRL. I've recognized an ENTP IRL before, but that's about it.
    Ditto

MBTI
    ENFP
    Post Thanks / Like

Being liked is NOT my primary objective. For me, being liked is the result of getting closer to people emotionally, which is only means to the end of understanding a person fully. Understanding the person is the objective. In order to understand everything about someone, they must be comfortable enough around you to truly "be themselves." Analysis of only half the data (their personality minus what they are hiding) is pointless. Unlike the ENTP who performs social experiments to satisfy their curiosity, the ENFP uses the social interactions that occur naturally for analysis. I believe they are less manipulative of people for this reason.

But I think what I was trying to say is that no matter who you are, you will like nearly every cordial person who genuinely wants to know you better. Being liked doesn't have to be their goal.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Post Thanks / Like

QUOTE: "Sadly I think this may be part of it. Also, I think the personality trajectory of ENFP depends *a lot* on maturity level, life experience, and the weighting of the functions. And a big difference between a strong 'E' (more stereotypical ENFP) and a moderate or weak 'E' makes a pronounced difference in ENXP.

I'm not really sure how easily an ENFP would recognize another ENFP IRL. I've recognized an ENTP IRL before, but that's about it."

To me, extraverted intuitionists are EXTREMELY salient and it is surprising to me that other Ne's would have a hard time locating eachother. After all, isn't that what Ne is for?? (especially with an Fi attached to it!)

Also, when I spot an Ne, it is very simple to tell which side of the T/F spectrum they are on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Being liked is NOT my primary objective. For me, being liked is the result of getting closer to people emotionally, which is only means to the end of understanding a person fully. Understanding the person is the objective. In order to understand everything about someone, they must be comfortable enough around you to truly "be themselves." Analysis of only half the data (their personality minus what they are hiding) is pointless. Unlike the ENTP who performs social experiments to satisfy their curiosity, the ENFP uses the social interactions that occur naturally for analysis. I believe they are less manipulative of people for this reason.

But I think what I was trying to say is that no matter who you are, you will like nearly every cordial person who genuinely wants to know you better. Being liked doesn't have to be their goal.
    Lol, I mostly agree with this, but if you had posted this on say INTPcentral plenty of people would have said that an ENFP is extra manipulative for exactly the same reason; they talk to you to sneak information about yourself from you. To some intps (and probably other types too) that would be considered manipulative...

I don't understand how either...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    A good post about ENP to refer to is this one:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...golamania.html

I thought about killing myself after reading it
    That's only bluewing, ignore the sad lonely git.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I've never had a friend who's seen "the whole picture", and my close friends have only been able to see a lot of small parts of me.

I do not have a lot of friends.

I have one close friend, and one close sister.

Come to think of it, I don't really have friends.

I'm constantly understanding others who constantly fail to understand me.

Much sadness and loneliness, I dream of finding someone equally, or more amazing than me, myself and I.

If it weren't for certain writers, poets, lyricists, philosophers, playwrights, I would have killed myself from existential loneliness/depression years ago.
    ahh yes. i, as an ENFP tend to be a little removed from the world (an S vs N difference)

and as far as differnces between ENTP and ENFP, it really is a difference in how they come to decisions. a Ti vs Fi difference. The Fe (ENTP) vs Te (ENFP) doesn't make TOO large of a difference

my best friends is an ENTP, im pretty sure hes trolling around on these forums

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    SEE
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to get a look at their introverted side to tell
    Ti: analytical as hell, not usually very social, good at technical stuff and figuring out how stuff works. the ENTP may appear slightly more serious when exercising this function. many of them are into things like star trek or star wars and take a liking to science fiction.
    Fi: Fi has 5 basic facets to it
    1) warm and cuddly: an ENFP might go up to a close friend, give them a long hug and say something like "hey buddy" or "I love you". many of us (including me) feel a strong connection with little kids and animals for this reason
    2) intensely idealistic: in contrast, Fi deals with strong internal value systems, especially when you combine N and F. the normally good kid who got suspended for fucking up a bully picking on another kid is probably an NF. while NFPs are quite gentle and meek most of the time, if you violate our values, we will kill you =D
    3) creative and spacy: introverted feelers live in a bizarre chaotic tim burton-esque inner world. many ENFPs will be into things like RPG games, fairytales, and stories with magic and swords.
    4) musical and artistic: most hardcore musicians are XXFP. Fi tends to be good at communicating the complex and subtle emotions associated with music.
    5) intense self examination: FPs (especially NFPs) tend to be much more in touch with themselves (NFPs more mentally and SFPs more physically) than other types and can help them with this

Senior Member Array BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of stereotypes in this thread that don't apply to me or to ENxPs I know / I have known. That biggest difference between ENFPs and myself that I've noticed firsthand:

- I'm more likely to think critically when making decisions.

- I'm less introspective.

- I'm more interested in finding a quick way of ending a conflict instead of taking time to work through it. I want it over, because I prefer to move on.

I don't particularly care about science fiction or technology. I'm interested in people, but my focus is humanity at large ... not individuals, unless they are close friends. I work in the arts, and they're my main interest. And despite what I've repeatedly seen implied about ENTPs on this forum, I don't have a large ego, I never have, and I hope I never will. In my opinion, it's a result of delusional thinking.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I see a lot of stereotypes in this thread that don't apply to me or to ENxPs I know / I have known.
    Agreed, the biggest problem I have is when someone tries to explain how another type is different without asking questions and therefore rely on nothing but stereotypes, there seems to be a lot of that here.

I don't particularly care about science fiction or technology. I'm interested in people, but my focus is humanity at large ... not individuals, unless they are close friends. I work in the arts, and they're my main interest. And despite what I've repeatedly seen implied about ENTPs on this forum, I don't have a large ego, I never have, and I hope I never will. In my opinion, it's a result of delusional thinking.
    Again, totally agree (except I don't work in the arts, but I do love the arts).

I attempted to find differences in the preferences here if anyone is interested, naturally the ENFP side is foreign to me though so based on what others have said.