• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ and ENFP

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyways, I met this guy who had the oddest effect on me. I guard and hide my feelings so well. But everytime I come into contact with him, I feel like he can see right through me. Its really distrubing. I feel like I'm naked, like being emotionally exposed.

That's exactly what my INFJ gf said to me, she was thinking (almost verbatim), before we got together. I didn't realize she could read me even better, until much, much later.

And since, I, personally don't like drama, which ENFPs (the ones that Ive met anyways) are really high on, I can't really take that. It's just a complete turn off.

That's also exactly what my gf said regarding the idea of dating an ENFP (she never actually has), but I think it would actually work, because I don't think all ENFPs are always as dramatic as she thinks (though many are).

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
That's also exactly what my gf said regarding the idea of dating an ENFP (she never actually has), but I think it would actually work, because I don't think all ENFPs are always as dramatic as she thinks (though many are).[/QUOTE]

I think it works pretty well. I've been dating an INFJ for a little over four months and it's going very well. It can be hard for me to keep the drama level at a minimum, but I think I manage, and I think that she appreciates my emotional sensitivity and warmth.

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
But with this interaction I feel like he is peeling me apart without even much information or without my permission.

I know the feeling of nakedness, I used to get anxious and pseudo paranoid that people saw right through me. I've learned that that's never the case though. Maybe your feelings are amplified by your emotional investment in him. I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but you'll be ok.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Anyways, I met this guy who had the oddest effect on me. I guard and hide my feelings so well. But everytime I come into contact with him, I feel like he can see right through me. Its really distrubing. I feel like I'm naked, like being emotionally exposed. We always keep our conversations very superficial but its like this underline energy or vibe we both get.

I know this thread is super old, but I had been curious about INFJ-ENFP pairing and if anyone else felt this way! I'm interested in an ENFP guy and he has the same effect on me and it's unnerving, but in a good way, I think. On the surface, I feel like I'm kept on my toes and I can't get comfortable or feel confident because I feel like he sees straight through me, but underneath it all, my intuition about him makes me trust him and I'm extremely intrigued by his confidence and ability to break past my external barriers.

It's the strangest thing. Anyway, it's really cool to see that I'm not the only one affected that way.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I am dating an ENFP, and ENTP, and an ISTJ. On the whole, the ENTP is by far the most satisfying time I have ever experienced with someone else. I wish I could explain it,
but I just cannot.
It is a very short friendship, but incredibly deep.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I am dating an ENFP, and ENTP, and an ISTJ. On the whole, the ENTP is by far the most satisfying time I have ever experienced with someone else. I wish I could explain it,
but I just cannot.
It makes sense...But what the hell are you doing dating three people?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
but I just cannot.

You've got your hands full. I would like to hear more about how you interact with the ENTP. I like the ENTP / INFJ match up.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INFJ are secretly evil.
You know who else is secretly evil? Well she knows you. Quite well, in fact. Oh, the stories I could tell you.

But seriously, everyone has that Touch of Evil.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I read somewhere that Jesus was an INFJ.

I've read that Hitler was. I think it's hard to tell either way.

I dated an ENFP for a year. I felt like he was manipulative and disingenuous, but in retrospect I've recognized that a lot of the failure (and boy, was there failure) in that affair was me, not him. But I have to say, I prefer Ts as lovers. I find EFs to be kind of overwhelming.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I've read that Hitler was. I think it's hard to tell either way.

I dated an ENFP for a year. I felt like he was manipulative and disingenuous, but in retrospect I've recognized that a lot of the failure (and boy, was there failure) in that affair was me, not him. But I have to say, I prefer Ts as lovers. I find EFs to be kind of overwhelming.

I can definitely sense the manipulative undercurrent that goes all too well with the easy charm.

Overwhelming... yes. Because it's the beginning (of whatever may happen), it doesn't bother me, but I'm sure it will.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EEEK!! guys!! you're givin me a friggin complex here!!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

I have seen manipulative ENFP and healthy ENFP. The main thing seems to be whether they're happy and / or confident. Often times male ENFP's are weak and this lends itself naturally to manipulation.