• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF presidents or leaders?

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
Anyone know any NF leaders or presidents?

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Carter is/was an INFJ. Other than that, no clue.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I have often heard that Barack Obama is an Idealist, but there are plenty of suggestions, so I don't know. But he does have a talent for diplomacy.

Is your question about living leaders? Or it applies to dead ones too?

In that case I believe Elizabeth the Virgin Queen was NF too.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Obama [ENFJ], Bill Clinton [ENFP], and Mikhail Gorbachev [INFJ?]. Gorbachev was obviously the first of the 3, and was never meant to be leader as I understand. NF prez's are quite rare. I've heard Carter disputed, though really aren't they ALL disputed...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lenore thompson typed bill clinton as an ENFP 3w2. how accurate that is, i have no idea.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Carter is/was an INFJ. Other than that, no clue.

That makes a lot of sense to me. And not just because Carter is considered an "ineffectual" president by people who believe a good president must have tons of scandals.

Clinton as an ENFP? that would explain a few things but he seems more ESxx.

NF Leaders. ...hmmmm.. .

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
If Bill Clinton's ENFP and Hilary's INTJ - that coupling makes sense. If he's ESFP and she's INTJ - zomg. I don't see an ounce of J in him anywhere. ESFP-ENTJ ... yikes...

I still believe Obama is ENFJ - his speeches are so flower-y it makes me want to puke. It's Fe over-kill. He radiates sympathy and understanding, but he has a very calm, cool exterior also. He could be ENTJ I suppose but ... his entire attitude would be different. I don't see Ne in him to make him ENxP. Definitely Ni. If he's ENTJ - he would have taken the White House by storm. But he's having burgers with Russian presidents ... I can't see him as someone who has inferior Fi. He seems to be someone who truly cares about what's the right thing to do and how to help people while efficiency is second on his list.

obama-medvedev_burger_2_1_370x278.jpg

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Abraham Lincoln & Ronald Reagan are said to be ENFJ's

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I read that Lincoln's INTJ.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmmm interesting. At a conference I was at a few months ago a guy that works for keirsey told us that there has never been an idealist president and that idealists want to think Obama is one but he is really a rational. He said if you see him when he isn't so under the spotlight it is fairly obvious.

He presented Clinton as ESFP.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I am good with either Idealist or Rational. I admire both profoundly. I also rather he stop the Fe-overload and over-empathy and just go get things done.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmmm interesting. At a conference I was at a few months ago a guy that works for keirsey told us that there has never been an idealist president and that idealists want to think Obama is one but he is really a rational. He said if you see him when he isn't so under the spotlight it is fairly obvious.

Yeah, I kind of get the feeling Obama's over-flowery speeches are the result of being raised around "preacher cadence" and more of a cultural thing.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Obama is ENTP

Idealist can't make it in the real world.

KDude

...Didn't reach 40.

Tough price, isn't it? :\ Either way, we'd be poorer without some of his time spent in the real world.

Pretty sure Che was a more militant (some would say bad) INFJ. He was dead at 39, but Satre once said he was "the most complete human of the modern age" (I'm assuming for his job as a physician and intellectual capacity, as well as the revolutionary period of his life).

“Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes.” -Che Guevara

You can't argue that he didn't live in the real world though.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Yep.

As I said, they can't make it. They accelerate the history of mankind too fast and have to be obliterated by time.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Obama is ENTP

:huh: where do you see the Ne? or the P?

Idealist can't make it in the real world.

oh boo on you, i think we can do just fine. Oprah seems to have done well enough for herself. :tongue:

other famous ones and their types according to popular opinion...
ENFJ - Maslow, Elizabeth Dole, Ronald Reagan, Margaret Mead
ENFP - Eleanor Roosevelt, I King Jordan, Dr. Seuss :D
INFJ - Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Tom Selleck :D
INFP - Carl Rogers... and er...

okay so maybe it's just INFP that's screwed. Diana, JFK, etc

just kidding INFPs. :hug:

anyway Gorbachev is an ENFJ according to the people behind the Keirsey Temperament Sorter.

They accelerate the history of mankind too fast and have to obliterated by time.

:laugh:

the truth is really just that we've got it all figured out. we're just waiting for everyone else to catch up, too.

KDude

I'm not a Republican, but I probably would have voted for Elizabeth Dole at one point. As far as politicians go, she didn't seem bad at all. She reminds me of an ENFJ employer I had once.

INFPs have many great writers and artists to claim. It's enough to inspire a young leader somewhere ;)

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
INFJ - Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Tom Selleck :D

Gandhi, check.
Nelson Mandela, check.
Mother Teresa, check.
Tom Selleck? Hmmmm.... Does he bring the quality of the list up or down.

:devil:

Oh, and Bill Clinton is TOTALLY an ENFP. Not one shred of doubt in my mind. Excellent bullshitting skills. Married to an INTJ. Can't keep his crap together half the time. And, truly gets off on meeting new and interesting people.

I saw him speak in a very small venue once. About 100 people. He has this way of connecting with people that is absolutely Ne with Fi. No doubt about it.