• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Quotes/Proverbs

Chill

MBTI Type
INFP
"Happiness does not consist in things themselves but in the relish we have of them; and a man has attained it when he enjoys what he loves and desires himself, and not what other people think lovely and desirable." ~ La Rochefoucauld ~

"The possibility is here for everyone, but not everyone is bitten by the bug. The path involves questioning everything and going against all grains - society, culture, family, our own minds. Not everyone's cup of tea." ~ Gail Brenner ~

"Words are things and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think." ~ George Gordon Byron ~

"Whoever cannot spend two-thirds of the day alone, doing what he pleases, is a slave." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible
gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

P.S. My sig is also one of my favs.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- Elie Wiesel

and this one:

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

Elie Wiesel

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
"It is essential to happiness that our way of living should spring from our own deep impulses and not from the accidental tastes and desires of those who happen to be our neighbors, or even our relations."
— Bertrand Russell

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I'm not entirely sure if these are INFP quotes, but I like them so...

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.
-Kahlil Gibran

Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
-Kahlil Gibran

This one is from Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, but I really liked it a lot, and actually remembered it from the game when I saw this post.

"That's easy for you to say. There's meaning to your existence. Me? I wasn't who I though I was. I honestly have no idea who I am anymore. Everyone kept telling me I was important, that I was needed. Then one day, I... wasn't. I was just lost. So don't tell me I'm free. Don't tell me to live my life. You don't know. You have a purpose."
-April Ryan (D:TLJ)

"If you dream the right dream, it will become reality."
- The White of the Kin (D: TLJ)

sqnh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't know that Polanyi was an INFP, but the below speaks to me deeply as an INFP.

"The problem with scientism is that it fetters human thought as cruelly as any authoritarian belief system has ever done, that it “offers no scope for our most vital beliefs…and forces us to disguise them in farcically inadequate terms".
-Michael Polanyi

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
YaTlM.jpg
Shel Silverstein

LonestarCowgirl

The Bible is the ultimate love story and the greatest one ever told. There are no contradictions. Jesus said, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
infp quote...because they all say it!

"peace!" or...peace out! or laters
haha whhhy do they all say it!

Haha. No. Hahaha. Sorry, but no, never. Not to mean what you think it means at least. UNLESS, we were mocking the hippie movement. ;)

I'll write an INFP quote for you. It shouldn't sound like an INFP quote.

"A world without conflict is boring."

"I swear, peace and conflict are both made up social institutions, just like common sense. I know it's made up because I don't have either."

I used to be able to come up with the greatest quotes and write very good poetry but my skills have been polluted by my perfectionism. :dry:

Stupid brain not working right. Meh. Better one on a scale of INFP to not INFP.

"My science may be mad, my logic might be wrong, but so can yours."

"How do you know that the way you know is correct? I don't."

So yeah, let's go find a Poe quote, because while I do apply, I feel inadequate to represent my people. Let's go find the big loony himself.

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allan Poe

And for those of you who want me to write you a poem, here it is:

"No."

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
"Those who restrain Desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained; and the restrainer or Reason usurps its place and governs the unwilling.
And being restrained, it by degrees becomes passive, till it is only the shadow of Desire." - William Blake

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A lot of people say Janis was an ENFP so I don't know if this really 'applies.' But it falls in alignment with my own philosophies, and I take her quotes with me everywhere I go. She was deeply insecure, but constantly fought for what she knew was actually important in her own way. And that energy alone drew the right people to her.

9817b9a8bd011aa82880f83d906b0f87.png