User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanting people to get their comeuppance

Post Thanks / Like

my sister is an ENFJ... she has stated before that there's no greater feeling than vengance served on the evil
    " My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!" kang

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    :confused:

When did it become about Fe or Fi? I didn't mention those concepts, really didn't think they had much bearing and another ENFP didn't seem mention it as a Fe/Fi thing.

I stated it's context dependent and you believe it's context independent. Sometimes the best strategy is not immediately saying anything because people make themselves look foolish and dig a deep hole for themselves without you having to say a word. I'm not advocating being a pushover, I'm advocating knowing when to move. If moving immediately works in that context then do it, but I don't think that's always the route to go. It's not about being afraid of confrontation, conflict, or indirect. Confrontation will occur and an explanation of what went wrong is expected.

Also, I've seen people keep trying to one-up each other and both of them look like idiotic children. You saying your piece doesn't make the other person cease from saying theirs. Matters escalate and spill into other areas because no one knew how to put the brakes on and take matters privately or their pride and sense of being disrespected keeps them from moving away from the situation towards other means of resolution.

Outside of the professional environment, do what you do and if it works continue on.
    Yeah, call me selfish, but I don't care if it's in a work environment or not. And by Fi/Fe I meant being dependent on context or not. Te and Fe will act different depending on the context. Ti and Fi don't care as much.

And well, my strategy has always worked for me, so that is why I shared it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really annoyed by bad people who manage to get off scott-free without some bad karma biting them in the ass. I don't like seeing someone just get away with their "crime" and feeling no remorse or repercussions. I don't necessarily want them to be tortured, but I do get very fixated on the need for them to feel true "justice" for their actions. If they're too deluded and selfish to feel guilt or fault, at least they can get some sort of punishment ... it's still something, though maturity, growth, and humility would be my first choice always.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Post Thanks / Like

Karma doesn't work swiftly or effectively enough for me.
    It takes a lot for me to feel that i want some form of justice or suffering to be served, but i don't feel at ease when it gets to that point. Something has to be done or a point made for me to be at peace with the situation.

I've planted many ticking time-bombs in the minds of people who have hurt me. I've called them out on lies, or informed the right people of the truth. I actually have a situation that i've been meaning to throw some "justice" into for some time, but want to displace emotions from it first.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see both sides, the hurt and the vengeful, so I don't put more weight on one than the other. They're two sides of one coin. Best just not to deal in that currency if you can help it.

I've only done direct get back a couple of times in my life. I would prefer to leave it to Universe. I do believe things even out. More than that, I guess I think I can't be sure I'm doing the right thing because I'm not omniscient, so that makes it more likely I would be wrong to do wrong even if it looks like the other person deserves it.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If it wasn't against my religion and I didn't have a strong sense of self-preservation I could see myself becoming a regular angel of vengeance.
    Get outta my head, cafe! I would love to do the same. However, I would have to answer to that *Higher Power*. Nah, I figure I'll have enough to answer for.

This is where I find a need to have super powers. I could do whatever I wanted with my mind. (and still have to be accountable, of course :)
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of this really great old movie, The Magnificent Ambersons.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Pumpernickel Array
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHHA COMEUPPANCE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    Get outta my head, cafe! I would love to do the same. However, I would have to answer to that *Higher Power*. Nah, I figure I'll have enough to answer for.

This is where I find a need to have super powers. I could do whatever I wanted with my mind. (and still have to be accountable, of course :)
    If you find a some way to get the super powers and a loophole from accountability, look me up. We could have a lot of fun until we started feeling guilty!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been people who've done terrible things to me, but still at the same time...I don't really want anything terrible to happen to them. I don't know why that is.

It does bother me A LOT though, when good people aren't rewarded and life basically craps all over them.