• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Famous ENFPs

Starry

[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]

What do you guys think of filmmaker John Cassavetes' type? I think he might have been an ENFP 7.

Hey Stansmith! Based solely on these 2 clips... this is hard... but I think the Ti of a 7w6 is mimicking Fi here. There's a lot of talk of love and passion but it's a bit intellectualized. He's not gushing over these topics… over *the magic* like I imagine an ENFP 7 would (I'm thinking of Leo Buscaglia right now). I would say ExTP but again, this is based off of a minute or two of footage.

I like the examples you put forth as they always make me think.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about Melora Creager? Her lyrics meld history, weirdness, and character studies. She always creates narratives and humanizes events by writing her songs from the perspective of someone living them. Some of it seems random, but the world she creates through her music feels distinct and vivid. It's like there's more under the surface.

From Coilhouse: "I just read that Jane Eyre was Charlotte Bronte’s way of speaking her mind, of answering every injustice about which she had kept her mouth closed. I love that and relate to it. Songs or song characters are places for me to work out my issues. I don’t write about my private life openly, but I’m human and an artist, so it will always be my lens it’s through. I want to recognize and examine feelings of loneliness, victimhood, unattractiveness. I also make what I want to entertain myself."

From UWire:"I do whatever is interesting to me, and if I was doing some kind of writing about my feelings and my life, I would think that is too self-indulgent rather than when I write about characters. My psychology is still in there, and things come out. But it’s more subtle, and I think it’s interesting."

From Magnet Magazine: "I get inspired by how people have remained basically the same emotionally over vast amounts of time. I like to describe details and to share weird knowledge with people through music. It’s like a note from me to you."

This interview at Rumpus is a bit more light-hearted and whimsical.

Starry

What about Melora Creager? Her lyrics meld history, weirdness, and character studies. She always creates narratives and humanizes events by writing her songs from the perspective of someone living them. Some of it seems random, but the world she creates through her music feels distinct and vivid. It's like there's more under the surface.

From Coilhouse: "I just read that Jane Eyre was Charlotte Bronte’s way of speaking her mind, of answering every injustice about which she had kept her mouth closed. I love that and relate to it. Songs or song characters are places for me to work out my issues. I don’t write about my private life openly, but I’m human and an artist, so it will always be my lens it’s through. I want to recognize and examine feelings of loneliness, victimhood, unattractiveness. I also make what I want to entertain myself."

From UWire:"I do whatever is interesting to me, and if I was doing some kind of writing about my feelings and my life, I would think that is too self-indulgent rather than when I write about characters. My psychology is still in there, and things come out. But it’s more subtle, and I think it’s interesting."

From Magnet Magazine: "I get inspired by how people have remained basically the same emotionally over vast amounts of time. I like to describe details and to share weird knowledge with people through music. It’s like a note from me to you."

This interview at Rumpus is a bit more light-hearted and whimsical.

Hello Ghost...

This is the first time I've been exposed to this Melora and I surely appreciate it. She seems like an amazingly amazing human being and I was quite mesmerized by her unique sound. I will say though that I am of the opinion (based on these interviews and video clips) that Melora is an ESFP rather than an ENFP. I certainly understand the temptation here to type her as ENFP... and perhaps it is the case that many people will disagree with my assessment. But, at least as far as I'm concerned, this is an ESFP.
(Thanks again for the introduction :) )

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

What do you think of Tyler the Creator's type? He seems to have strong Se..

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah ESFP, they like to bust peoples balls.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

What do you think of Tyler the Creator's type? He seems to have strong Se..

Oh God yes Stansmith haha. E to the S to the F to the P. So solid. So comfortable in his own skin. So handsome <-okay that's probably not... So engaged.

What's weird is I kept going back and forth between 7 & 8 regarding enneagram but I'm assuming he's probably 7w8 sx/so

Another great example!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol i think i had an esfp friend in high school. never realized it til i watched that tyler the creator video. so much fun!

Starry

Poster Child

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

I mentioned Buscaglia so it (finally?) occurred to me that I should probably include him here. He is the ENFP 7w6 poster child as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I can't make it through this or any video of his without crying. <--But what is far more unreal to me than that is this is me when I give talks (none of which I attribute to ethnicity but rather ENFPcity.) I am in no way that extroverted in my day to day life...as I know he was not either. But here he is doing what ENFPs were put on this planet to do and because of this...it's on.

If you will... watch the first few minutes...and then move to 7 minutes in or so. Here you will see what makes him an ENFP. He's all fluffy bunnies in the beginning and the crowd is loving it...and then at 7 he starts channeling his inner Che. The NF dictator comes out with great force (that he's most likely trying to hold back so he doesn't scare people.)

edit: I just realized that this is part 1 of 6? I was watching one that was the whole thing but now I can't find it. You'll just have to trust me that he gets really mean/dictatory I guess ha. Uff sorry /ENFP

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"especially for someone like me who thinks the greatest loss in life is the loss of human potential"

Sunny Ghost

I saw no mention of Andre 3000.

1175449-andre-3000-big-boi-rap-collaborations-617-409.jpg

Also, somehow I had always thought Tyler The Creator was ENFP. But after those interviews, ESFP makes more sense I think.
This video though... is ENFP:

As a group, MGMT is ENFP. I assume whoever leads the writing must be ENFP.

Also, singer Claire Bucher aka Grimes is an ENFP.

Sunny Ghost

I've heard people propose Andy Samberg to be an ENFP. I always thought ESFP, but idk.

Somehow I get the feeling that Ylvis is an ENFP+ENTP collaboration, but I don't have anything to back that up.

Also, maybe Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords.

Starry

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10131" target="_blank">IndyAnnaJoan</a>

Awesome call on Andre 3000. And Grimes... that's actually a hard one for me. I'd almost be more inclined to type her as one of your people (here's that grey area where ENFPs & ISFPs seem indistinguishable to me.) She moves like an ENFP though...those awkward whirly movements that sometimes knock over drinks and smack people in the face maybe... Here's another one. So many people think of Stefani as a decent dancer but if you really look closely...it's awkward whirly <- so srs.

This is actually an INFP & ENFP making videos together. Let's make videos together Udog

editing in a video of Gwen only for Lady X. The facial expressions still trips me out...

Last edited:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gonna drop Kelly Clarkson here even though most would probably peg her as ESFP just because I'm biased and relate to her a lot. :D

6w7 so/sx I think. :thinking:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Some famous ENFPs as they are listed on celebritytypes.com...
Mark Twain
Oscar Wilde
Julian Assange (WikiLeaks)
Walt Disney
Michio Kaku (TV scientist)
Jacques Derrida (philosopher)
Che Guevarra
Fidel Castro
Muammar Gaddafi (was a rebel and revolutionist before he got the dictator image)
Hugo Chavez

Ellen DeGeneres
Keira Knightley
George Carlin (Stand-up comedian, often mistyped for being an atheist)
Jack White
Robin Williams
Gwen Stefani
Sandra Bullock
Daniel Radcliffe
Carly Rae Jepsen (Canadian singer)

Probably mistyped...
Jude Law (INFP -> ENFP)
Robert Downey Jr. (ENTP -> ENFP)
Neil Patrick Harris (ENTP -> ENFP)
Katy Perry (ESFP -> ENFP)

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=10131]IndyAnnaJoan[/MENTION]

I always assumed he was a NiSe user. ENFJ maybe?