• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What would an angry INFJ say to you?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to give the cold piercing stare and my soft-spoken voice turns to a deep growl when I speak. Usually I straighten out the facts and speak my stand on something.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The truth in the most hurtful way possible.

Snow Turtle

From my experiences? Nothing. I'm meant to figure out what's troubling the INFJ because I apologised too much.

From what I've seen towards other people. Amusing rants... Though that might be pissed off rather than angry.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Normally all the honest stuff you've been wanting them to say, but couldn't get out of them before.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
And maybe some of the stuff that you didn't want them to say but they've been thinking all along.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
And maybe some of the stuff that you didn't want them to say but they've been thinking all along.

You underestimate how much ENFPs get off on information. Some of it hurts, but after getting over that we likes knowing.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Somehow I have the feeling that most ENFPs would sense there was trouble awhile before the explosion actually occurs and if they actually showed interest in knowing what's there, they'd probably be told it (albeit in a less blunt manner).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Somehow I have the feeling that most ENFPs would sense there was trouble awhile before the explosion actually occurs and if they actually showed interest in knowing what's there, they'd probably be told it (albeit in a less blunt manner).

yep :), that normally seems to be the way. Just the few times when it has happened we normally end up more on the same page after. Maybe it is constructive anger or just misunderstandings rather than real anger though.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, there's nothing like that calm after the storm and it's all been talked out (to the INFJ's satisfaction, at two day intervals after they've had time to digest the last several conversations and each little piece is put in its proper place.):yes:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Terrible things that'll stick with you for a long time...INFJ venom is really somfin'.

rushig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I usually can tell what peoples hopes and fears and what they are ashamed of. And if I am very very, angry I will tell people in precise detail why their deepest fears will come to pass, their hopes are hopeless, and what I know that they are ashamed of. INFJ's who are are angry are able to wreck far more devastation then can be possibly imagined. But that is rare, being angry is a waste of time.

Yes, I agree. an INFJ will only lash out like hell is loose if the other person has repeatedly provoked them, specially on the same aspect. most of the time we let go as a waste of time and will stick to your not a blip on my map any more. but oh my if it gets to that point where, so your trampling me because you think i'm sensetive/ softie etc then that is when hell is loose and like John Doe said your worst fear will be told to you. and most of the time beleive me it comes true. INFJ's have that kind of remarkable foretelling.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think I see anger in varying levels, from irritation to rage. I get irritated easily, and people say it shows on my face, but when I get enraged, only two things may happen: either I am stunned into complete silence, as though the emotion cannot be translated, or I get very lucid/eloquent (which means the recipient of said rage WILL receive a few choice words). But I always end up regretting any kind of blowup/ analyzing the things I said and asking myself how much I hurt the recipient. Oy.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I usually can tell what peoples hopes and fears and what they are ashamed of. And if I am very very, angry I will tell people in precise detail why their deepest fears will come to pass, their hopes are hopeless, and what I know that they are ashamed of.

your worst fear will be told to you. and most of the time beleive me it comes true. INFJ's have that kind of remarkable foretelling.

Why you would wait until you're angry to say these things? Are you talking about friends or enemies? Predictions aren't my interest, but I see other things and if I care about someone I will express them if asked. How else can someone change their path?

If someone got angry with me and in that anger expressed all of the things you mentioned, I would feel betrayed not that they said them, but that they'd been thinking them the entire time and saying nothing. I'd feel like I'd been a goldfish for their display.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Normally all the honest stuff you've been wanting them to say, but couldn't get out of them before.

If someone were to all of sudden express their "true feelings" about me when they were angry, meaning they were holding it in and not being truthful with me, it would feel like a complete slap in the face. I've had this done to me before, and the relationships were never the same again. I try to be honest as much as possible, especially with friends, and I expect the same. I'm leery of people who behave as if they have no issues with you, when in fact they have many which they haven't come forward with.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd agree it mostly happens after repeated attempts to avoid having to go that far, and for me, it's kind of like Peguy -- you'll get chapter and verse and nailed to the wall. This is what you did this time, that time, the other time, the time before that; this is what I said to you those times; this is why now I've reached my dizzy limit.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I think in the majority of situations these issues are ones that have come up before. INFJs tend to bad at hiding a whole bunch of things that are bothering them as to be used as potential weaponry when they are angry. They will try to deal with frustrating things in a calm manner, but occasionally there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. When people appear mystified as to why the INFJ is reacting over such a minor thing, the INFJ is then happy to furnish them with specific examples of why it is not about just that one incident.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Not a thing IMO. It's like "Poof" and they are gone. Slippery little things.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Silence.

The coldest, iciest, most terrifying silence you'll ever know.

..or so I'm told. I'm not anxious to witness it. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was younger I mostly remember that people would typically burst into uncontrollable laughter when I expressed anger.

I don't often get angry, but will attempt to point to something specific with more bluntness than I typically would at those times I am. I also do that when anxious and trying to quickly resolve a situation. I did get angry recently when someone who is capable of more was behaving in a mocking, mindless manner. I'm not sure I so much get angry at the person, but frustrated with the larger picture in which so much mockery substitutes for reason - when any exchange of information is reduced to a ballgame with "Us vs. Them" and instead of teaching, learning, broadening the mind, there are always insults embedded in the position which only serve to place the other person on the defensive by being unfairly mocked or represented. A person using this tactic might also use reason as another tactic, but the machine driving the exchange is nothing more than social domination which is based only on feelings and ego and not reason. In a way it is personalized, but not based on the specific person. It is more a feeling of internalizing this overwhelming dark reality in which such things exist with endless redundancy that there is no stopping it either now or ever. A part of me feels for the person also caught in the trap, but just on the other side of it than I am, but it's the same trap. I'm quick to "like" the person again, but slow to trust.

Sometimes I wonder how intensely I feel things because in a way I feel strongly, but I asked my boyfriend how I seem in terms of drama when there's conflict, and he said that compared to other people I barely move the dial, and he's seen what I know to be the full range of what I can feel or express.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd feel like I'd been a goldfish for their display.
Tough. If you spend time around us, you will be examined, analyzed, and seen into. If you would prefer someone who would rather keep themself blind to knowing you, then an INFJ acquaintance simply isn't your cup of tea.