• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP in a toxic environment - coping strategies?

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, this is what happened next:

1) I began to date someone in the program.

2) I began to use my brain for schoolwork instead of for strategizing my social life.

As a result, I made a few more friends and settled some of my bone marrow insecurities about the academic work. I don't feel 100% myself, but at least I don't feel like I'm constantly banging my knees and elbows on everything around me. Basically, I've settled down. :smile:

Thank you to EVERYONE for your insightful advice. I took a lot of what you said to heart. And muchas gracias to Clonester, for the lolz! :hi:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Isn't there any other group that you could hang around with?

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmmm, not especially. See, the program is all about collaboration and crushing amounts of work (so we aren't scared when we get to the 'real world', apparently). Group meetings frequently go ten hours or more, we have several groups at a time, and we don't take any days off. Not even Thanksgiving or Fall Break. After the Halloween party, we all went directly back to work that very night, without pause. I know this probably sounds like ENFP hyperbolizing, but it's honestly my reality. And since most of us aren't native to this city, so we're a rag-tag little tribe that sticks together.

It has been better lately, though. I've been a trace oversensitive and myopic about the situation. I've got five or so solid friends now and many other looser but still very friendly connections. I think I just thought it would be like college, which was a social buffet. Or I thought we'd have more of a community feel, since we are relatively few.

It'll be fine. I'm not worried anymore :hug: . I've got enough good on my side to feel it's worth it.