• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs, how do you react under extreme stress?

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I find I go into a critical planning mode and enter an extreme realm of focus. If you are referring to the breakdown that occurs if this fails then I would say that I attempt to sever ties with whatever is causing me this stress and re-evaluate the direction I'm heading in.

Stress for me is something to overcome and if it grows big enough that it isn't able to be handled in a sane fashion then I attempt to remove it completely from me.

You can usually tell I'm under stress when I'm a lot less talkative and very focused on something else. I also feel like my Fe goes into overdrive during this stage and a feel every ripple as if it were a tidal wave.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I first go into that extreme realm of focus like SpottingTrains said...then I evaluate the situation to figure out where the stress is coming from..is it from outside of me and it's the way I'm handling it that's causing the stress or is it the situation/person that is causing me the stress. If it's me I attempt to do all the strategies I've built up over the years for handling stress...if it's a situation or another person I see what I can do about eliminating the stress/stressor from my life (if that's possible)

I do become a lot less talkative and use that energy to focus on how I'm feeling or how the stress is making me feel.

I really work on understanding that "this too shall pass" cause it can tend to overwhelm..and while beauty and joy I don't mind drowning in....stress waves washing over me are harmful and unpleasant...I swim in that ocean as little as possible.

Shadow1969

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2, 9
Generally, when under extreme stress I appear calm, but a dab of pee is dribbling down my leg (sshh don't tell anyone..). It's a great trick. ;)

If someone has made me angry to cause the stress, I may revert to terrible two's: say horrible things, throw myself on the groud, scream for my favorite toy, and then frantically apologize for my behavior 5 minutes later. Ha

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Either 'lost mode' where I get extremely scared and unsure or 'dark mode' which is not as bad as it used to be. When I was a kid it was like a tantrum, but now it's usually one act of aggression like a slammed door or yell a phrase then I catch myself and then just stew for about a minute, then it's over. Not bad for self-control.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find I go into a critical planning mode and enter an extreme realm of focus. If you are referring to the breakdown that occurs if this fails then I would say that I attempt to sever ties with whatever is causing me this stress and re-evaluate the direction I'm heading in.

This is me all over. My mother calls it my "emergency management" mode, where I'm very in charge, affective, and laser-focused.

Whatever is causing me severe distress MUST be isolated. That part is non-negotiable. I have to throw it into what amounts to a lead-lined box before it blows up the ship. Then from that point, I can make a determination about what to do with it or if anything *can* be done.

You can usually tell I'm under stress when I'm a lot less talkative and very focused on something else.

Same here.

I also feel like my Fe goes into overdrive during this stage and a feel every ripple as if it were a tidal wave.

Again, succinctly put and dead to rights.