User Tag List

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What does an unhealthy INFP look like?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap
    Post Thanks / Like

Blanche.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    infp
    Post Thanks / Like

what is the difference between an unhealthy infp and a person who has borderline personality disorder? Also I mean aren't these traits that alot of introverted people have when they are "unhealthy" ? just

See Right Through Me Array Bubbles's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Post Thanks / Like

We whine. A lot.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I was referring to really unhealthy ones. This is the "unhealthy INFP" thread, is it not??? MOST INFPs I know don't act like that. When they are UNHEALTHY, they can act like that. However, it may be just my bias but that is how I have felt around rather unhealthy INFPs. Besides, I was not addressing you, on a personal level. I was more or less referring to the ones I knew...
    INFPs who are upset may find happy people around them patronizing, so rather than "bringing you down" to their level, they probably are trying to push you away with negativity just so they can stew alone. Just from my own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by yojez View Post
    what is the difference between an unhealthy infp and a person who has borderline personality disorder? Also I mean aren't these traits that alot of introverted people have when they are "unhealthy" ? just
    Personality disorders are unhealthy minds, so not much difference I suppsose. And yeah, introverts (especially introverted intuitives in this case) who are unhealthy are going to share similar signs. That's why it can be hard to type an unhealthy person. I somewhat resent when people want to automatically label a melancholy, withdrawn person as an INFP..... :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    We whine. A lot.
    Really? I clam up tightly.
    "Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind." - Proust,
    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    INFPs who are upset may find happy people around them patronizing, so rather than "bringing you down" to their level, they probably are trying to push you away with negativity just so they can stew alone. Just from my own point of view.
    I don't think INFPs want you to be at their level, but rather can quickly grow to resent people that are happier than they are. So they either try and push the person away or bring them down a peg, without overtly intending to do either.

Really? I clam up tightly.
    Quit yer whining! Gosh!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I don't think INFPs want you to be at their level, but rather can quickly grow to resent people that are happier than they are. So they either try and push the person away or bring them down a peg, without overtly intending to do either.
    You guys make great points. When I see someone that is chronically negative, I try to exude positive energy or try to give them encouragement. Ex. I had a rather jaded INFP teacher. I would always flash a smile at him when I entered the classroom and smile at everything he said just to bring a positive energy into the room. However, I felt rather depressed/ uncomfortable whenever I left the class. (All of this coming from an ENFJ pov).

I could see how that could have come off as very patronizing to an INFP... oops. It might feel like I am not validating how they are really feeling and trying to force them to be happy which leads to resentment? However, the constant negativity feels like the person is trying to pull me into their web of negativity (this is what I meant by "bringing me down to their level, emotionally"). I guess it is the whole "misery loves company" concept.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

I somewhat resent when people want to automatically label a melancholy, withdrawn person as an INFP..... :steam:
    You said it sister!

I had a rather jaded INFP teacher.
    My heavens what generalizations I am picking up from you - INFP's can certainly be positive and bubbly, so the whole "misery" Fi thing is just a stereotype IMHO.

Be careful not to generalize to such an extent my young jedi.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

My heavens what generalizations I am picking up from you - INFP's can certainly be positive and bubbly, so the whole "misery" Fi thing is just a stereotype IMHO.

Be careful not to generalize to such an extent my young jedi.
    How I am generalizing INFPs? It was an example. That particular teacher was a really jaded INFP. He used to talk about rejection, love, and death ALL the time. I have seen the Fi misery irl. It's not a pretty thing. However, one of the most healthy people I know is an INFP and I usually love the laidback, positive outlook that many of them seem to possess. To counteract the "jaded INFP teacher", I had another INFP teacher that was quite the opposite. EDIT: This is the "unhealthy INFP" thread not the "normal INFP" or "awesome INFP" thread. Unhealthy is WAY different than average or healthy. This is all based from my own experiences of VERY UNHEALTHY versions of the type. It is not how generally view the type. Sorry, if I have offended anyone. Now I will STFU.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Post Thanks / Like

How I am generalizing INFPs? It was an example. That particular teacher was a really jaded INFP. He used to talk about rejection, love, and death ALL the time. One of the most healthy people I know is an INFP!
    Your fault! Generalizing when you aren't! SO patronizing! *storms out of the room*

lol

Yeah the jaded INFPs are something else aren't they? I try to avoid them... they are indeed depressing and just UGH! I'm sure you know what I mean. Wanna see more? infp.globalchatter.com :: Index
    () 9w8-3w2-5w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Post Thanks / Like

They start doing a lot of drugs and all look exactly like this: