Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ENFP Males

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESE

Default ENFP Males

Ok, the more I read the more I think I'm a very small % of the whole MB spectrum. A male ENFP.

I'm the kinda guy that wells up with tears when a particularly moving moment occurs in front of me/on TV & film/in a song. I'm moved relentless by people and their infinite capacity.

Actually, the best description for me is David Tennant's Dr Who.
    Watch "The Impossible Planet" & "The Satan Pit" (a 2 parter), to me, the Dr in that is the definition of an ENFP down to the bone.
    A huge people lover, at home in nearly all social settings and was a big role model for me as I was aiming to increase my confidence.

Anyways, I'm sure we're all aware of ENFPness, but my question is this:
    Why are male ENFPs rarer or at least considered to be rarer?
    Never stick your d*ck in pudding...You can spend all day talking about how great it is but no-one will eat it 'cos you stuck your d*ck in it!!!

"Does it involve wanton destruction?"
    "We can only hope"

In Full Flight Array Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

They are actually not that rare according to these statistics.

I think many NF males are not apt to show the sensitivity inherent in the NF temperament because of gender roles. Also because of this, some might test as NTs. My own ENFP brother, for example, tests as ENTP.
    ~Life in a cappella~

I second Lauren.

At first I thought the enfp male might be imaginary like gnomes, however I have found three at work.

The tend to face the world with a more balanced even Te than the girls and seem to be a little less emo labile (damned overies). But n=tiny so that's just an observation so far.

They can be hard to spot as they are just as mercurial as the females, and hide some of thier inner fuzzies. They are very good at taking organizations of people, understanding the pivot points and interacting with to elicit change.

Look for lots of hand gestures when the talk, a direct Te mode of communication when interacting with Ts and sweet Fi eyes when not. They can be a little goofy too.

I think many enfp boys may test as entp or as somewhere in the middle on the scale.

MBTI
    BOOB
    Enneagram
    0_o
    Socionics
    BOOB

My really good friend is apparently an ENFP I saw him crying in a movie once and i was like...wtf...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

i notice first a certain conviction of personal integrity and enormous emotional strength...my father was an enfp...so i'm likely biased but i get this very strong protective vibe from them....and yeah...can go from super serious and impressively intelligent..to really silly and hilarious...i love them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Array SpottingTrains's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

I suspect that ENFP males catch some of the same hangups that male ENFJs encounter. I made a post on it awhile back, I'll see if I can find it.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

Senior Member Array SpottingTrains's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ale-enfjs.html

Might be able to gleen something out of that.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm a newly diagnosed male ENFP :crazy:

I cry in a lot of movies, but always do my best to hide it. ah em... allergies and stuff, you know!

I can be the goofiest of goofs at times, tis true. But I can also be quite thoughtful, I think... or do I feel it? My intuition certainly senses the fact that I feel my perception of it to be so, and therefore I judge it to be true, whatever the case.

Don't come crying to me about a splinter, though.. you won't get sympathy from me! Well... unless you're a little girl with tears in your eyes. Or, maybe a grown woman too. Ah, hell. Just don't fucking cry around me, OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    They are actually not that rare according to these statistics.

I think many NF males are not apt to show the sensitivity inherent in the NF temperament because of gender roles. Also because of this, some might test as NTs. My own ENFP brother, for example, tests as ENTP.
    Depends on how you define apt.

It's interesting looking at those statistics, because they show we ENFP males are the exact opposite of the most common male type - the ISTJ. So while not the rarest, we are E when most men are I, N when most men are S, F when most men are T and P when most men are J.

Gender aside, I think there is a little bit of bias when it comes to NF-ness representing the epitome of sensitivity. I don't see SFs mentioned as much, but they represent a much larger percentage of the population, so it's not like they can't be spotted.

In Full Flight Array Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Depends on how you define apt.
    Definitions of apt on the Web:

1. inclined; disposed; given; prone:

It's interesting looking at those statistics, because they show we ENFP males are the exact opposite of the most common male type - the ISTJ. So while not the rarest, we are E when most men are I, N when most men are S, F when most men are T and P when most men are J.
    I don't understand why this is relevant. We're talking about a certain type in the population, not preferences.

Gender aside, I think there is a little bit of bias when it comes to NF-ness representing the epitome of sensitivity.
    Who said that it did?
    ~Life in a cappella~