User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overly sensitive INFP's?

12 and a half weeks Array BerberElla's Avatar
    MBTI
    infp
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Overly sensitive INFP's?

I got to say, I am sick to death of this belief that INFP's are the MOST sensitive type of all the types, the most likely to cry or take offence and take it all personally.

I have met INFJ's who appear way more sensitive to criticism than I am, or who take offence at the slightest thing.

Over at my forum for instance, there is an INFJ who is always throwing hissy fits and leaving over the slightest "offence" only to return again after much pleading from other members. Me, the INFP, has told him to grow a thicker skin.

My ISFJ friend also takes offence super quickly and buries the hurt deep inside her.

Or my ex ISTj husband, who took everything personally, couldn't have a joke with him because he took it so god damn seriously all the time.

I'm not saying INFP's aren't a sensitive bunch, but the MOST sensitive? I disagree.

Anyone else agree/disagree?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree, you guys aren't the most sensitive. Try to tell the world that though .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Plays for neither side Array Antisocial one's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok then who is the most senstive?

Is there even such a thing as most sensitive type?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp
    Post Thanks / Like

You are awfully sensitive about being perceived as sensitive, Berberella.

You seem to be equating 'sensitive' to be being 'irritatingly thin-skinned, moody, and whiny; a pussy'. I don't associate those behaviors with any MBTI type, but rather as a reflection that a person is emotionally underdeveloped or is very stressed. Even ISTPs can be moody little creatures sometimes.

Now if you want to talk about who is objectively the most sensitive, in the sense that they are easily hurt and delicately aware of the feelings of others, then we can talk. In fact, that's actually a very interesting quesiton! I say INFPs probably aren't the most sensitive in this regard. ENFJs, ISFJs, ISFPS, and ESFJs can all easily give us a run for our money.

a scream in a vortex Array nanook's Avatar
    Socionics
    IXI
    Post Thanks / Like

there are different types of sensitivity. one of them is what i will call "moral sensitivity" (without suggesting that we are talking about a developed sense or moral)
    its a sensitivity about principles

and it depends on the relationship and other factors how this sensitivity "feels". the "morally" sensitive type would eventually be able to be totally arrogant, considering him self to be to perfect to bother with "offending people". thats a enneagram sort of way of avoiding anger. but it does not work if you are more like a four and adore someone. then it might hurt badly.

well i m getting tried. you should be able to imagine how it feels different, has different intensity, depending on many factors....

the other sensitivity is more of an strategical sensitivity. about feeling save or threatened. easier to understand, i guess.

there is also a caring sensitivity, like when you care for a group of close ones. may be a projection, though. like "if you attack them, you are attacking me". but "they" may not even exist. or they do.

in any of the two cases it depends on other factors, how someone deals with it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say we feel the most out of everyone, but this doesn't make us crybabies. It's just different. This is why we are called the most sensitive, because people don't understand the difference between feeling a lot and being overly sensitive.
    () 9w8-3w2-5w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

12 and a half weeks Array BerberElla's Avatar
    MBTI
    infp
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Agree, you guys aren't the most sensitive. Try to tell the world that though .
    I am telling the world, the world of teh internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ok then who is the most senstive?

Is there even such a thing as most sensitive type?
    I have no idea, I'm just saying it's not my type lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You are awfully sensitive about being perceived as sensitive, Berberella.
    You know, when I posted it I did have an inner chuckle at the irony of the statement.

You seem to be equating 'sensitive' to be being 'irritatingly thin-skinned, moody, and whiny; a pussy'. I don't associate those behaviors with any MBTI type, but rather as a reflection that a person is emotionally underdeveloped or is very stressed. Even ISTPs can be moody little creatures sometimes.

Now if you want to talk about who is objectively the most sensitive, in the sense that they are easily hurt and delicately aware of the feelings of others, then we can talk. In fact, that's actually a very interesting quesiton! I say INFPs probably aren't the most sensitive in this regard. ENFJs, ISFJs, ISFPS, and ESFJs can all easily give us a run for our money.
    Yes, but maybe it's just my perception, however I keep stumbling across posts that seem to equate the part in bold as being an INFP trait. Oh those god damn INFP's, clingy bunch of whiners etc etc.

I see your point though.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

a scream in a vortex Array nanook's Avatar
    Socionics
    IXI
    Post Thanks / Like

there are stages of development, that are true for all types. for instance one of the stages is commonly called "rational". that doesn't mean you become a T type, although pre-rational F types may think that about you. anyway at some stage people can have bad trouble with a "categorical imperative" type of thinking. generalizations will boost emotional reactions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Post Thanks / Like

Those weird NF's are very sensitive across the board.

heart on fire Array
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take a lesson from Clint Eastwood, a person has got to know their limitations. But yes absolutely--INFJ can give INFP a run for their money. Imagine if they were married to each other!