• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Overly sensitive INFP's?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I know one.

My other INFP friend is less tolerant of her frequent breakdowns than I am.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We all aren't overly sensitive. It's a stereotype that sometimes holds true but it's still a stereotype.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, I don't see my feelings as all I've got. They are kinda a pain in the butt really. That's why I squish them down and attend to them later, unless you've said or done something quite unacceptable. I don't hesitate then, but really I don't see myself as a walking value 'o meter. I don't get hurt if it's fair enough.

I don't think sensitivity is linked with immaturity, I'm still just as sensitive as I was when I was a kid, if not more, but the way I handle it is different. If I don't like it, I change it or walk away. I didn't always do that. I'm also much more likely to confront others about what makes me uncomfortable.

S

Sniffles

But yes absolutely--INFJ can give INFP a run for their money. Imagine if they were married to each other!

Oh sure, you complain, but you know damn well that there's nothing more sexier an uptight, stiff-necked, morally outraged male INFJ. :tongue: ;)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dunno about being too sensitive, I have to have a thick skin when family members nit pick the smallest detail. I think its safe to say I start to crack by the 5th hour.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
When exactly did sensitivity get a bad name?

Who decided that insensitivity should be the desired norm?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Though some robots are cool.

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
02. One More Robot - Sympathy 3000-21

Unit three thousand twenty one is warning
Makes a humming sound - when its circuits
Duplicate emotions - and a sense of coldness detaches
As it tries to comfort your sadness -

One more robot learns to be something more than
A machine - when it tries the way it does - make it seem
Like it can love -
Cause it's hard to say what's real - when you know the
Why you feel - is it wrong to think it's love
When it tries the way it does...

Feeling a synthetic kind of love
Dreaming a sympathetic wish -
As the lights blink faster and brighter -

One more robot learns to be something more than
A machine - when it tries the way it does - make it seem
Like it can love -
Cause it's hard to say what's real - when you know the
Why you feel - is it wrong to think it's love
When it tries the way it does...

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Need more data... It sounds like you are using "sensitive" and "reactionary" as synonyms and I disagree with this. Any type can be more reactionary than INFP, spurred not by sensitivity but by other motives...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
speculative, i totally agree.

i think a better meaning for "sensitive" is like a degree of precision, fineness, etc. you are able to get extremely detailed information/data out of the instrument's reading. more bandwidth.

your flaming lips choice was perfect as well. with that said, my favorite song from yoshimi is in the morning of the magicians.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When exactly did sensitivity get a bad name?

Who decided that insensitivity should be the desired norm?

Sensitivity isn't the problem, it's dealing with it in unhealthy ways. I think Berb was just venting a bit while she was thinking on the topic. :)