User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFP Romance

MBTI
    INXP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Both INFPs I've known well in my life are better planned and organised than I am. The tertiary might be an influence. Or maybe they are more worried about being unplanned than I am. They go with the flow a little more in some ways, and they are stronger individually in other ways. They keep their room way cleaner than me too. But may go drifting occasionally. I've just never seen them as that lost that life would fall apart and they would not get back up. Especially if there are two of them and they are in love.
    Oh yes, I am sure they can cope, I am talking about whether it makes a good match or not. There is a lot to be said for finding someone that complements your personality rather than is identical to it. An extravert to help an introvert be out and about, a J who will help organise a P, or indeed a P who will introduce flexibility to a J.

Ultimately, MBTI is just a guide, the reality is what matters between the individual people. I've got on well with people of all types.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think a tendancy for two INFP would be to swirl down into the abyss of emotion. I can see the attraction though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Post Thanks / Like

What about overdoing fear of being too emotional and instead coming across too cold or too much waiting for the other to make first move because if they don't, it feels like they are not interested and whould not be pushed into just conformity with what you'd like?

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Post Thanks / Like

You are two weapons of love - targeting each other. You will drift together into a island of carefully cutivated values, a place no one else will tread. You are too "dreamy" for this cruel cruel world. Together, you will spiral down into a vortex of pessimism.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Hero View Post
    You are too "dreamy" for this cruel cruel world. Together, you will spiral down into a vortex of pessimism.
    Said the optimist.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    What about overdoing fear of being too emotional and instead coming across too cold or too much waiting for the other to make first move because if they don't, it feels like they are not interested and whould not be pushed into just conformity with what you'd like?
    As far as being too emotional, this can be extremely intense and very compelling. If the emotion is heated and you both control it so one doesn't hurt the other, or say something they don't mean, this is something to cherish. Or, between two NFs there can be a loving intensity that they both know how to express erotically or romantically, which is again, for me, something that drives me crazy (in a good way). If two NFs really like one another, I think they can be patient with waiting for one or the other to make the first move. In the past, I've been attracted to men who initiated things first. Initiating things can be fairly subtle for an INFP and I'm good at feeling the signs of an interested INFP or INTP. I'm shy at initiating, though I can jump in and do it. If I'm really attracted to someone, it's much more difficult to do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoyed initiating things once I had got over the self-doubt I had in my teens. University taught me that there were loads of girls out there who were "up for it" and did, in fact, find me attractive. I had a great time doing the going out, drinking, clubbing, schmoozing thing. I got bored over it after a year or so, but it was a cracking time nonetheless.

I really don't know if that's advice or merely a rubbish anecdote :confused:
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

morose bourgeoisie Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it soulds great, and you should go with your heart.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as values are straight I think it's a good idea. I don't like to indulge on the details of my life too deeply, but I'm becoming involved with another INFP, at least as best I can be with the distance thrown in. In terms of fulfillment I see her as the brightest thing in my field of vision. I don't believe in soul-mates and I do try to be down to earth but I can't help the you know what from swelling in me nearly whenever I think of and see her (that can be a few things, bee tee dubs)