Thread: INFJ vs. INTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I tend to get along well with INTJs.
    But, I'd hate to break it to you, but you guys CAN come off as pricks. Not trying to be mean or critical, but you guys have a tendency to be overbearing and exceptionally stubborn.
    When you understand INTJ humor, it's funny. When you don't, it's really not. I'd suggest kind of giving people the benefit of the doubt, because it's really easy to interpret you guys the "wrong" way...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I tend to get along well with INTJs.
    But, I'd hate to break it to you, but you guys CAN come off as pricks. Not trying to be mean or critical, but you guys have a tendency to be overbearing and exceptionally stubborn.
    When you understand INTJ humor, it's funny. When you don't, it's really not. I'd suggest kind of giving people the benefit of the doubt, because it's really easy to interpret you guys the "wrong" way...
    I hate to break it to you, but we know this, and it's OK, because we also understand that most folks are pretty shallow.

I once sat in my office and literally watched an INFJ talk about me whilst I was in the same room. One of my colleagues had to point out to her that I was sitting behind her du-oh! (She didn't say anything bad, but she wasn't given enough time to really get going). I never do this kind of thing.

ByMySword

For the most part, I have always gotten along with INTJs.

They're the only ones able to turn my thoughts into a coherent explanation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but we know this, and it's OK, because we also understand that most folks are pretty shallow.

I once sat in my office and literally watched an INFJ talk about me whilst I was in the same room. One of my colleagues had to point out to her that I was sitting behind her du-oh! (She didn't say anything bad, but she wasn't given enough time to really get going). I never do this kind of thing.
    Yep, we have our flaws too. And although most INFJs I know don't really talk a lot of smack about people, I'm not going to lie; I have before.

It's just awkward when they hear because it's never my intention to actually be mean :/

MBTI
    INFJ

The INTJ's I've met at school are pretty cool. They aren't pricks at all. My INTJ dad is a jerk-off, though (I'm not kidding in the least when I say that).

Every type has its share of all-around dick-heads.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

^ Hear, hear

MBTI
    INTx

So far, this seems to be a fairly clear-cut example of the difference between 'F' and 'T'. It's not surprising if some 'F' types consider 'T' types to be rude and uncaring, because there is a very different style of communication. Where I find it becomes a problem is when people introduce value judgements into the situation. We're all different in one way or another.
    You what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryndil View Post
    So far, this seems to be a fairly clear-cut example of the difference between 'F' and 'T'. It's not surprising if some 'F' types consider 'T' types to be rude and uncaring, because there is a very different style of communication. Where I find it becomes a problem is when people introduce value judgements into the situation. We're all different in one way or another.
    I'm a T- and I despise rudeness, mainly because I was taught that diplomacy was the key to winning people over.

I don't think there is any excuse for rude behaviour, no matter where you come from.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Is politeness something that comes naturally to all people? Is it an inborn trait that people can either accept or refuse?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Is politeness something that comes naturally to all people? Is it an inborn trait that people can either accept or refuse?
    My INTJ dad tends to be more polite than I am. I tend to get really awkward in social situations. I sometimes don't say that much because I don't know what to say, and that makes me come off as rude (even though I'm usually trying hard for that not to be so). When people try to start small-talk with me, I just give them a bunch of one-word answers and they end walking away with awkward expressions on their faces. When it comes to actual conversation, my dad has a more polite, conversational, detached tone of describing things to other people. I don't do that, though. I don't trust people who do that to me when I want them to be honest. I'm pretty monotone and normal when I'm talking to people. I'm not interested in coming across 'polite', I just want to come across as real.