• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs - Headaches?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm more prone to heartaches.

/stereotypical INFP response.

S

Sniffles

Yes I suffer frequently from migranes and tensions in other parts of my body. They only hinder my activities depending on how severe they are.

Migranes will often knock me out if they don't go away after a while.

Stress if often a major factor involved.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I get so many migraine headaches that I may have to check the street value on Zomig. No brain tumor, though if I didn't know better I would surely wonder!! :shock:

Zolmitriptan's actually theraputic value comes from its cerebral vasoconstricting properties. It is an amazing drug for what it is supposed to do, but if you don't have any, caffeine will do a similar trick for the time being.

Also, many of the 5HT agonists like zomig are amazing for migranes. Their are many, many, many reports of people self medicating with Psilocybin, or LSD. The reports claim that it eliminates migranes, or severely reduces them for a very long time. My friend personally swears by it.

Anyway, I don't condone drug use, but just felt like putting out that little schweet bit of info. Maybe it will help lead someone in the right direction.

S

Sniffles

From personal experience, I find that simply drinking caffeine will help relieve most migranes.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I've seen migraines in INFJ's. And, I've noticed INFP's to have a certain sensitivity when it comes to pain. My guess is INF's are constantly pinging their inner feelings and if you do this a lot you're likely to pick up on and amplify the usual pains that come from being a corporeal entity. The solution is to introduce real pain in a controlled manner. It will relieve you.

This doesn't hold true for me. My pain threshhold, as is my INTP son's, is exceedingly high.

This is sometimes not a good thing. I often don't go to the doctor when I should because I don't get a strong enough message from my body that something is awry.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
It's true for me. I had a slight one this morning, and I had trouble seeing, like there were little spots in my eyes, and it felt like the lights were too bright. I get headaches and the sort though because my body is trying to tell me something. Often I haven't had enough sleep or I've been overstressed. I guess some NFs might just be more sensitive or more prone to it...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
How do these pains respond to intense exercise or sex? Vasodilation should be palliative.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Massage should be helpful to NF's I would expect.

Only if it's done by a relatively nice looking young man with gentle hands and a slight propensity to hum melodically while working. :D

How do these pains respond to intense exercise or sex? Vasodilation should be palliative.

Most muscle tension problems go away once the blood gets moving. Probably because while doing those activities you end up relaxing eventhough you're exerting lots of energy.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hello fellow NFs, and others.

I just realized the other day that a good chunk of NFs that I know happen to get headaches a lot. My mom (INFJ) is always in a constant migrane. I get headaches from time to time if there is a bit of sensory overload. This happens when I go to Six Flags for example. It is probably from hyper sensitivity to my environment, and lots of stuff moving constantly around me. Another INFP I know gets headaches a bit. Two INFJ friends of my friend get migranes quite a bit. I was just wondering if this is true for any other NFs.

My one ENFJ friend rarely gets them but he is so oblivious to everything it's not much of a suprise.

Wow, I do a lot. It's a problem. I always have tension/sinus/headache pain medication on hand as a result. Small headaches are capable of morphing into monstrous migraines.

I've read the ultimate culprit: stress. No big shock for an INFJ. We internalize stress with the same results as if we were gulping arsenic capsules. Totally toxic.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've read that NF's are prone to headaches. It is because of their sensitivity and always scanning their environment, or that's what the article said.
ya ive seen something like that before, wanted to check out the validity of it

also i notice that INFJs tend to get migranes instead of just headaches.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I only get headaches when I chain smoke, otherwise, never. I used to fake them to get out of class though.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, me neither. I remember my friend was astonished that I've Never really had a migraine. I usually just have mild headaches, if its more intense its usually accompanied by a more serious cause like the flu.

It's never something that I ever really have to account for, all I need is a tylenol and a nap and I'm good, most of the times I can be really active. Its always just a hindrance. Never incapacitating.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
It seems from the responses that ENFPs tend to get headaches due to hypersensitivity to their environment (could also be called sensory overload). i call my headaches "eye strain" headaches. so for ENFPs its much more externally based. it seems INFJs tend to get migraines due to stress which is probably caused by external things but is internally derived...so ENFPs = external variables and INFJs = internal variables. this is, as usual, a vague generalization. and so far it doesn't seem that ENFJs tend to have too much of a problem. not as sure about INFPs.

thanks for the responses guys :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ENF's are more likely to be the ones giving out the headaches.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
your just jealous because we happen to be eccentric lol :)

Unique

Well my mother is an NF and gets headaches.

Can't say I do. So I'm not sure if this means anything. You would need more stats really... but why would anyone do a study like that?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
I am sensitive to chemicals and foods and the environment. I feel wasted if I am overstimulated in general. Also I have always worried about my health, like something is deadly wrong with me. Almost since puberty. I think they call that hypochondria.
Any other NF's feel like there is something wrong with them mentally or physically when they may not be (hypochondria) and obsess about health?