• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs - Headaches?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
hello fellow NFs, and others.

I just realized the other day that a good chunk of NFs that I know happen to get headaches a lot. My mom (INFJ) is always in a constant migrane. I get headaches from time to time if there is a bit of sensory overload. This happens when I go to Six Flags for example. It is probably from hyper sensitivity to my environment, and lots of stuff moving constantly around me. Another INFP I know gets headaches a bit. Two INFJ friends of my friend get migranes quite a bit. I was just wondering if this is true for any other NFs.

My one ENFJ friend rarely gets them but he is so oblivious to everything it's not much of a suprise.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do get it quite often. I even went to get a brain scan, there was nothing wrong. My doctor says it's from stress, or thinking too much.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't get headaches, but when they do come, they come bad. I don't like being in places which stimulate sensory overlode.

Funny thing is that I hate medicines, all of them, but any of the headache medicines actually do their job well.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've read that NF's are prone to headaches. It is because of their sensitivity and always scanning their environment, or that's what the article said.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've read that NF's are prone to headaches. It is because of their sensitivity and always scanning their environment, or that's what the article said.

Yeah, and muscle tension.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't have headaches but I have muscle tension like a mofo.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I get them, but my family also has a history...

Atomic Fiend

I get used to get the worst headaches, Beat by any chance do you think you can remember where you found the article?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have rarely had headaches but when I do they are whoppers.

For about five years, every January, like clockwork, I would get these cluster headaches complete with projectile vomiting. One lasted for two weeks until I went to the doctor's and told him I was not leaving his office until he gave me something to make it stop!

Don't think I've had one for couple of decades now.

I sympathize with anyone who has them as they were totally disabling.

I can relate to the muscle tension thing, though. Back of my neck when I'm on overload.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I get a headache every 3 months or so... ie almost never. Instead, stress is almost always expressed as insomnia for me.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Weird. I've never heard of that, but I get headaches easily, as does my NF dad.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to get them easily and I still do (but "less").Ever since I changed my diet, exercise way more and leave people to their own problems :), I try not to worry too much nowadays and it's working for me.
Things that give me headaches:
- loud noises
- annoyingly bright lights
- people who talk too much about their problems (no seriously :blink:)
- Stress
- crying
- hunger :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
well..sometimes, I get aura's that lead to migraines, that lead to me throwing up :( sometimes..which is really kind of scary and inconvenient..but other then that, I get normal headaches sometimes especially around season changes..which is a leading cause in headaches..

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't get headaches much. I get eyeball aches (like a sharp pain behind your eye) and TMJD--I clench my teeth when stressed. But I don't usually get what you would normally call headaches. If I do, it's caused by one of the above two or dramatic changes in barometric pressure (accompanied by general exhaustion) or sinus congestion.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen migraines in INFJ's. And, I've noticed INFP's to have a certain sensitivity when it comes to pain. My guess is INF's are constantly pinging their inner feelings and if you do this a lot you're likely to pick up on and amplify the usual pains that come from being a corporeal entity. The solution is to introduce real pain in a controlled manner. It will relieve you.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I remember having migraines every couple of months starting around January, then none during the summer.

I started getting migraines twice a week (or so) again last September. Maybe its school that started it :D

They're the aura kind. It was horrible, I would be so paranoid during the day if I felt just slightly off. :cry:

Usually in the mid/late afternoon and early morning, never around noon.

So far this week I haven't had any migraines nut that may have coincided with feeling much less F than usual. :thumbdown:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I tend to get migraines.. not as much as before. Maybe it's because my blood pressure's a bit low and I don't work in a highly stressful environment as I used to. I tend to get it when there's a lot of pollution (i.e. driving during freeway traffic or when I'm driving behind cars that run on diesel). My nose is pretty sensitive when it comes to smell (it's compensated for my poor vision lol).

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I get a lot of headaches and muscle tension. However, it doesn't disable me... being an INFJ, I can just pretend the pains don't exist, haha.

The solution is to introduce real pain in a controlled manner. It will relieve you.

I'm not too sure about that...
However, some time ago I experienced the worst pain in my life, ever. I'm amazed I didn't pass out. I almost wish I had... :blush: Experiencing something so awful did give me a new perspective to pain. But headache is a bit of a different story. It's not as much "physical pain" as it is throbbing discomfort.

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I get so many migraine headaches that I may have to check the street value on Zomig. No brain tumor, though if I didn't know better I would surely wonder!! :shock:

Last edited: