User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    infp

I'm more prone to heartaches.

/stereotypical INFP response.

Sniffles

Yes I suffer frequently from migranes and tensions in other parts of my body. They only hinder my activities depending on how severe they are.

Migranes will often knock me out if they don't go away after a while.

Stress if often a major factor involved.

MBTI
    ENTP

Massage should be helpful to NF's I would expect.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    I get so many migraine headaches that I may have to check the street value on Zomig. No brain tumor, though if I didn't know better I would surely wonder!!
    Zolmitriptan's actually theraputic value comes from its cerebral vasoconstricting properties. It is an amazing drug for what it is supposed to do, but if you don't have any, caffeine will do a similar trick for the time being.

Also, many of the 5HT agonists like zomig are amazing for migranes. Their are many, many, many reports of people self medicating with Psilocybin, or LSD. The reports claim that it eliminates migranes, or severely reduces them for a very long time. My friend personally swears by it.

Anyway, I don't condone drug use, but just felt like putting out that little schweet bit of info. Maybe it will help lead someone in the right direction.

Sniffles

From personal experience, I find that simply drinking caffeine will help relieve most migranes.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I've seen migraines in INFJ's. And, I've noticed INFP's to have a certain sensitivity when it comes to pain. My guess is INF's are constantly pinging their inner feelings and if you do this a lot you're likely to pick up on and amplify the usual pains that come from being a corporeal entity. The solution is to introduce real pain in a controlled manner. It will relieve you.
    This doesn't hold true for me. My pain threshhold, as is my INTP son's, is exceedingly high.

This is sometimes not a good thing. I often don't go to the doctor when I should because I don't get a strong enough message from my body that something is awry.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

It's true for me. I had a slight one this morning, and I had trouble seeing, like there were little spots in my eyes, and it felt like the lights were too bright. I get headaches and the sort though because my body is trying to tell me something. Often I haven't had enough sleep or I've been overstressed. I guess some NFs might just be more sensitive or more prone to it...

MBTI
    ENTP

How do these pains respond to intense exercise or sex? Vasodilation should be palliative.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Massage should be helpful to NF's I would expect.
    Only if it's done by a relatively nice looking young man with gentle hands and a slight propensity to hum melodically while working.

How do these pains respond to intense exercise or sex? Vasodilation should be palliative.
    Most muscle tension problems go away once the blood gets moving. Probably because while doing those activities you end up relaxing eventhough you're exerting lots of energy.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    hello fellow NFs, and others.

I just realized the other day that a good chunk of NFs that I know happen to get headaches a lot. My mom (INFJ) is always in a constant migrane. I get headaches from time to time if there is a bit of sensory overload. This happens when I go to Six Flags for example. It is probably from hyper sensitivity to my environment, and lots of stuff moving constantly around me. Another INFP I know gets headaches a bit. Two INFJ friends of my friend get migranes quite a bit. I was just wondering if this is true for any other NFs.

My one ENFJ friend rarely gets them but he is so oblivious to everything it's not much of a suprise.
    Wow, I do a lot. It's a problem. I always have tension/sinus/headache pain medication on hand as a result. Small headaches are capable of morphing into monstrous migraines.

I've read the ultimate culprit: stress. No big shock for an INFJ. We internalize stress with the same results as if we were gulping arsenic capsules. Totally toxic.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke