• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
they're not attention whores like myself or CC.
I am not an attention whore and in fact, ever since I was little have had somewhat of an aversion to getting too much attention.

I love getting reciprocal attention, i.e. I seek and desire getting attention from a select few. But undue attention makes me feel nervous.

At a small dinner party, let's say, I will always play the role of facilitator, I hate when anyone hogs the so-called, "microphone".

I think ENFPs are just naturally popular, again, I can't speak for all of us, but for me, personally, I cannot stand too much attention, and have never actively sought after gaining popularity, bleh, no thanks!!! :dont:

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am not an attention whore and in fact, ever since I was little have had somewhat of an aversion to getting too much attention.

I love getting reciprocal attention, i.e. I seek and desire getting attention from a select few. But undue attention makes me feel nervous.

At a small dinner party, let's say, I will always play the role of facilitator, I hate when anyone hogs the "microphone".

I think ENFPs are just naturally popular,again, I can't speak for all of us, but for me, personally, I cannot stand too much attention, and have never actively sought after gaining popularity, bleh, no thanks!!! :dont:

You get so much of it as an ENFP that you just don't care for it anymore. I understand what you mean by the facilitator, it always goes back to trying to get everyone involved on the fun. Sad things is sometimes you get lost in the moment yammering off and making everyone laugh that you forget to involve a few of the quieter ones.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

At a small dinner party, let's say, I will always play the role of facilitator, I hate when anyone hogs the so-called, "microphone".

I think ENFPs are just naturally popular, again, I can't speak for all of us, but for me, personally, I cannot stand too much attention, and have never actively sought after gaining popularity, bleh, no thanks!!! :dont:

eh, you know when i say attention whore, i mean that in jest.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I melt in their presence.

EDIT: What I find weird is that I don't really see anyone being outspoken in my classes... and if I do, I find them irritating. Lol... maybe it is them? I'll have to find one and just talk to her and see what happens.

As an NF yourself, you can get to know the temperament well pretty easily. Expect the same values that you have- benevolence, empathy, authenticity. If you can find the temperament of a person, the rest falls into place pretty quickly. So there's an outgoing person who you decide is quite authentic, and you can tell she has an intuitive gift for diplomatic conversation. Her communication is not concrete; it sounds philosophical, theoretical, or generally idea-oriented. She expresses her opinions and projects herself easily. You've narrowed it down to two: ENFP and ENFJ.

You could mistake any of the other three EP'S for the ENFP because they are similar in many ways, but if you are focusing on the temperament, this should not happen since none of the three are NF's.

Both the ENFP and ENFJ will entertain hypothetical situations and possibilities, and either may make you feel special when they talk to you, especially one on one, and this is probably genuine care.

After you've done this simple narrowing down to two types, it may or may not be easy to discern which one she is. If you have found someone who is
a) concerned with projecting an image (which you can see in clothing and attitude)
b) interested in esoteric topics (which they may not shut up about)

You're probably dealing with an ENFP. Especially if you can see that she does NOT plan her activities.

If the person is a little more grounded, similarly creative but more left-brained, concerned with YOU, and the kind of person who you would go to for advice, or at least expect others to, you're probably dealing with an ENFJ.

You may not see either one of these definitively.

If you get to ENF, it wouldn't be a bad strategy to focus JUST on the P/J.

How would they answer the questions:

Planned activities vs. "whatever comes up"
Tieing up loose ends vs. Starting something new
Determined vs. Easy going
Having to finish a part of the whole before moving on vs. Working haphazardly

If you can come up with a clear idea of how she would answer those questions, then I think you'd have it nailed. It would be very common for a person to answer all four one way or the other. But even if you can only see three of them, you have an idea. Match that idea up with the previous short descriptions, and if it fits it fits.

Both are very friendly, but the ENFP tends to possess a childlike enthusiasm for any sort of random idea that she finds fascinating- or for no reason at all. The ENFJ's enthusiasm tends to be more directed.

ENFP's can be found in psychology, theater, and in the realm of unusual hobbies.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh I forgot to mention that ENFP women are smoking hot.

HAHAHA... Totally.

i have heard from other ENFP's that they stay quiet until they get to know the people pretty well. i think it was phoenix who said this. anyways, don't put someone in the 'non-enfp' basket just because they're not attention whores like myself or CC.

DEFINITELY. I am pretty quiet around new people because my perceptiveness will be HIGH and I'll be too busy taking in info about the new person (what he/she's wearing, what that says about their personality, what he/she said, what he/she meant, what he/she really meant, what i can infer about their personality from that... etc. I know lots of people do this but i get so bogged down by observing people I hardly have time to concentrate on what I'm saying... so i don't say much.)

When i know someone well, though... I could go on forever. But then I'd stop because I'd feel to self-centred for talking all the time. Lol. But i'm 10000x more animated and true ENFP-like with close friends. And that'll actually take years for me... I take quite a while to get comfortable with someone, to figure them out, trust them.. Then, and only then, do you get the ENFP craziness everyone else is waxing lyrical about.

Where to meet them? Can't say for the rest of ENFPs, but I like libraries :) Love books and knowledge and the atmosphere of a library ♥ Haha but I'm usually hanging out with friends. I don't look like an ENFP much. Probably more of an INFP.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
You get so much of it as an ENFP that you just don't care for it anymore. I understand what you mean by the facilitator, it always goes back to trying to get everyone involved on the fun.

Yeah, I don't like being the facilitator, actually. I'd rather be the support person who helps with the fun, but isn't responsible for it.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Popularity is easy, its a blessing, and its retarded.
Only a select few get close enough to me for me to really start opening up though

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
You shouldn't need to analyze them to confirm... ENFPs stick out like sore thumbs :D

I tell you the truth...

..I am blind and oblivious to everything around me(I think it's the IN in me)

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
you could always introduce everyone you come across to personality typology, and make them tell you. :p

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
lol shocker isn't it.

i have heard from other ENFP's that they stay quiet until they get to know the people pretty well. i think it was phoenix who said this. anyways, don't put someone in the 'non-enfp' basket just because they're not attention whores like myself or CC.

Probably... this is true for me approx. 70% of the time. The other 30% is accounted for by instant chemistry and/or context (ex. meeting someone after a concert or while playing a competitive sport).

Having said that, I too am outspoken in certain classes (ie philosophy, sociology), and never afraid to chat with professors/ superiors (most of us don't regard authority as anything special).

OK, to address the original post: watch for enthusiasm, quickness, and reactiveness. Also look for loads of energy with an edge of guardedness. Oh, and let's not forget the neverending tangents in conversation.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
GAH! I'm never outspoken in college unless someone's saying something retarded. Usually I'm so pissed that I have to sit still for more than 45 minutes that I'm just in and out. I AM a bit shy socializing with other students, but I do tend to get along well with the teachers. :dry: except english teachers.. they're usually unappreciative of my procrasinating nature. "Oh. But it's not Due today, right?!" "...The rough draft would be nice to look over." "... Great. ^_^b Long as we're on the same page. Bai!!" "...:scold:"

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If I dont have any friends in class, instead of making new friends, I either focus on my work, or walk out of class while the teacher is talking for a 20 minute socializing break and then come back in to catch up what I missed and keep going with the rest of the class for the remaining 45 minutes or so (assuming I leave 40 minutes into class, which is about my pattern)

If I have at least one friend in the class sitting close to me, I'm constantly having small talk while taking notes.

If its a class where the teacher is cool and the class is generally not silent, I'm super outspoken, talking with the teacher and joking about things, talking to the whole class at once trying to get a humorous riot of laughter out of them, being the clown that Evan is known to be.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
CC pretty much wins with the ENFP description :) props

places i "chill": Barnes and Nobles/Borders...before I get kicked out or stared down for being to loud (my best friend is an ENTP, you can only imagine the noise), the mall (ehh, its getting boring), the gym (go figure), school (im actually incredibly quiet), pretty much anywhere that there are people or that life takes me. you cannot bound an ENFP to only certain places. we are loud (a lot of times), and bubble over with enthusiasm and optimism. we tend to frighten ISTJs (i do at least(though two extremely good friends are ISTJs)). our humor tends to be goofy but not in a slap stick sense, more in an intelligent way. idk i think im butchering it, ya, CC wins. screw it lol.

BlownAway

MBTI Type
ENFP
There is something about an ENFP that can get into my head.. if you know what I mean. Usually I'm resilient to everyone except ENFPs. I totally crumble.

It's because you're INFJ :D! It's the same for ENFP:s when we meet INFJ:s..I think it's because we're mirrors. I'm never really truly SEEN by anyone, except by you lovely INFJ:s :hug:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
An ENFP I don't know that well somehow penetrated my psyche this evening. "And I felt....Relieved." Tyvm.