User Tag List

First 678

Thread: ENFPs

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm uncomfortable around the word control too Erina!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP

^I third that.

And the two sides thing. And I'm scared of being called fake too. I generally have a minor freak out every two to three months on the basis of "feeling fake," which takes the form of depressed speculation almost any time I'm alone, followed by oversharing on Facebook and message boards . This state generally lasts one to two weeks, and ends when I express whichever part of my self I feel I have failed to express, or I just get bored of it.

And about the INTP thing; I don't think that I necessarily need verbalized caring. In fact, sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable, oddly enough, like people are having to worry about me and I don't want to make people feel that way. On the other hand, sometimes unspoken support does me more good. Touch is as good as (or better than) words in these cases, I think.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    control's a dirty word.
    LOL

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hell yeah, and I always have been.

I might be a freak though, l was a tomboy growing up and I wasn't socialized to be a girly-girl.

In an academic setting, I am always engaged and, yes, outspoken.

EDIT: I AM NEVER THAT IDIOT THOUGH, YOU KNOW THAT IDIOT WHO CAN'T KEEP THEIR TRAP CLOSED, AND WHO JUST TALKS ON FOREVER AND EVER.

Also, if I find the class uninteresting I end up going mute and engaging in my own world, (which usually involves playing on the computer or reading or doing homework )
    YOU AND I ARE THE SAME PERSON

But like...seriously.

To the OP: It depends on where you meet me.
    I can't speak for ALL ENFPs, but it's not uncommon for an ENFP who has been raised to appreciate the value of logic to have a well developed thinking side - remember, we share the same 'childhood' type as an ENTP - the thinking/feeling preference comes later.
    Therefore - meet me at uni, in a tute/engage me an intellectual area of interest - I'll sound rather more logic-inclined/grounded/'T'-like than if you meet me when 'playing' with my friends (and perhaps the seeing it as 'playing' is a very ENFP thing in itself )

Chances are, if we have time to connect one-one-one - to the outside observer, we'll look like we're having easy conversation. This shan't be the case in the slightest. Whilst the words may come easily (and trust me, I'll be good at making you open up - you'll only realise just HOW good in hindsight) it initially won't be the most comfortable discussion as you'll feel like I'm seeing right through you.
    Don't worry - I'm having a similar sensation, and possibly freaking out as the walls (imperceptible to the world) I have erected are being intuitively breached.

Things I'll say will make you feel exposed - the way you'll answer/look at me will give me a feeling parallel to that.

...That's my experience with every INFJ I've met thus far, anyway.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    Whilst the words may come easily (and trust me, I'll be good at making you open up - you'll only realise just HOW good in hindsight) it initially won't be the most comfortable discussion as you'll feel like I'm seeing right through you.
    Don't worry - I'm having a similar sensation, and possibly freaking out as the walls (imperceptible to the world) I have erected are being intuitively breached.

Things I'll say will make you feel exposed - the way you'll answer/look at me will give me a feeling parallel to that.

...That's my experience with every INFJ I've met thus far, anyway.

This is very true. I feel like INFJ's are capable of seeing right through me, and visa versa. It's an excruciating exposure sometimes, but I can't look away. If you're brave enough for a connection that pulls you down to your bare walls, then it's a rewarding one to make.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    This is very true. I feel like INFJ's are capable of seeing right through me, and visa versa. It's an excruciating exposure sometimes, but I can't look away. If you're brave enough for a connection that pulls you down to your bare walls, then it's a rewarding one to make.
    I've seen this too, Lady Jaye. You just gotta consider it a ploy and stand tall when it happens.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's so funny. my mom is an infj and my enfp sister and i always felt like she just knew everything it was unsettling haha......like she always knew when we were doing something we weren't supposed to...she just has these ice blue eyes that pierce into your soul. it's pure craziness.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I guess I'm not eligible to agree with y'all, because I had a crush on an INFJ friend some time ago, and she was utterly clueless about it for 5 months, even with my typical ENFP-ish honesty.

In fact, she was clueless about a lot of stuff, I guess too lost in herself.