Thread: ENFPs

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Fixed.

Don't need to thank me, I know what your trying to say.

LMFAO!!! I was going to do that!!! But decided not to, thank goodness you beat me to it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    they're not attention whores like myself or CC.
    I am not an attention whore and in fact, ever since I was little have had somewhat of an aversion to getting too much attention.

I love getting reciprocal attention, i.e. I seek and desire getting attention from a select few. But undue attention makes me feel nervous.

At a small dinner party, let's say, I will always play the role of facilitator, I hate when anyone hogs the so-called, "microphone".

I think ENFPs are just naturally popular, again, I can't speak for all of us, but for me, personally, I cannot stand too much attention, and have never actively sought after gaining popularity, bleh, no thanks!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I am not an attention whore and in fact, ever since I was little have had somewhat of an aversion to getting too much attention.

I love getting reciprocal attention, i.e. I seek and desire getting attention from a select few. But undue attention makes me feel nervous.

At a small dinner party, let's say, I will always play the role of facilitator, I hate when anyone hogs the "microphone".

I think ENFPs are just naturally popular,again, I can't speak for all of us, but for me, personally, I cannot stand too much attention, and have never actively sought after gaining popularity, bleh, no thanks!!!
    You get so much of it as an ENFP that you just don't care for it anymore. I understand what you mean by the facilitator, it always goes back to trying to get everyone involved on the fun. Sad things is sometimes you get lost in the moment yammering off and making everyone laugh that you forget to involve a few of the quieter ones.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

At a small dinner party, let's say, I will always play the role of facilitator, I hate when anyone hogs the so-called, "microphone".

I think ENFPs are just naturally popular, again, I can't speak for all of us, but for me, personally, I cannot stand too much attention, and have never actively sought after gaining popularity, bleh, no thanks!!!
    eh, you know when i say attention whore, i mean that in jest.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    I melt in their presence.

EDIT: What I find weird is that I don't really see anyone being outspoken in my classes... and if I do, I find them irritating. Lol... maybe it is them? I'll have to find one and just talk to her and see what happens.
    As an NF yourself, you can get to know the temperament well pretty easily. Expect the same values that you have- benevolence, empathy, authenticity. If you can find the temperament of a person, the rest falls into place pretty quickly. So there's an outgoing person who you decide is quite authentic, and you can tell she has an intuitive gift for diplomatic conversation. Her communication is not concrete; it sounds philosophical, theoretical, or generally idea-oriented. She expresses her opinions and projects herself easily. You've narrowed it down to two: ENFP and ENFJ.

You could mistake any of the other three EP'S for the ENFP because they are similar in many ways, but if you are focusing on the temperament, this should not happen since none of the three are NF's.

Both the ENFP and ENFJ will entertain hypothetical situations and possibilities, and either may make you feel special when they talk to you, especially one on one, and this is probably genuine care.

After you've done this simple narrowing down to two types, it may or may not be easy to discern which one she is. If you have found someone who is
    a) concerned with projecting an image (which you can see in clothing and attitude)
    b) interested in esoteric topics (which they may not shut up about)

You're probably dealing with an ENFP. Especially if you can see that she does NOT plan her activities.

If the person is a little more grounded, similarly creative but more left-brained, concerned with YOU, and the kind of person who you would go to for advice, or at least expect others to, you're probably dealing with an ENFJ.

You may not see either one of these definitively.

If you get to ENF, it wouldn't be a bad strategy to focus JUST on the P/J.

How would they answer the questions:

Planned activities vs. "whatever comes up"
    Tieing up loose ends vs. Starting something new
    Determined vs. Easy going
    Having to finish a part of the whole before moving on vs. Working haphazardly

If you can come up with a clear idea of how she would answer those questions, then I think you'd have it nailed. It would be very common for a person to answer all four one way or the other. But even if you can only see three of them, you have an idea. Match that idea up with the previous short descriptions, and if it fits it fits.

Both are very friendly, but the ENFP tends to possess a childlike enthusiasm for any sort of random idea that she finds fascinating- or for no reason at all. The ENFJ's enthusiasm tends to be more directed.

ENFP's can be found in psychology, theater, and in the realm of unusual hobbies.

MBTI
    ISTP

Oh I forgot to mention that ENFP women are smoking hot.
    HAHAHA... Totally.

i have heard from other ENFP's that they stay quiet until they get to know the people pretty well. i think it was phoenix who said this. anyways, don't put someone in the 'non-enfp' basket just because they're not attention whores like myself or CC.
    DEFINITELY. I am pretty quiet around new people because my perceptiveness will be HIGH and I'll be too busy taking in info about the new person (what he/she's wearing, what that says about their personality, what he/she said, what he/she meant, what he/she really meant, what i can infer about their personality from that... etc. I know lots of people do this but i get so bogged down by observing people I hardly have time to concentrate on what I'm saying... so i don't say much.)

When i know someone well, though... I could go on forever. But then I'd stop because I'd feel to self-centred for talking all the time. Lol. But i'm 10000x more animated and true ENFP-like with close friends. And that'll actually take years for me... I take quite a while to get comfortable with someone, to figure them out, trust them.. Then, and only then, do you get the ENFP craziness everyone else is waxing lyrical about.

Where to meet them? Can't say for the rest of ENFPs, but I like libraries Love books and knowledge and the atmosphere of a library ♥ Haha but I'm usually hanging out with friends. I don't look like an ENFP much. Probably more of an INFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

You get so much of it as an ENFP that you just don't care for it anymore. I understand what you mean by the facilitator, it always goes back to trying to get everyone involved on the fun.
    Yeah, I don't like being the facilitator, actually. I'd rather be the support person who helps with the fun, but isn't responsible for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Popularity is easy, its a blessing, and its retarded.
    Only a select few get close enough to me for me to really start opening up though

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Popularity is easy, its a blessing, and its retarded.
    Only a select few get close enough to me for me to really start opening up though
    This man types truth.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    And what do I look for in analyzing them to confirm that they are an ENFP without looking?
    You shouldn't need to analyze them to confirm... ENFPs stick out like sore thumbs