User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

looks aren't that important to me, but i guess in terms of "idealism", I really have a type. i can be really picky about personality, though, and if someone doesn't meet that standard, i just don't find them attractive that way.
    What's up universe?

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    This is a thread for everyone to share what sucks and or rocks for or about the NF male.

I will start with some of the shitty stories.

In the real world, it sucks to have high N because I would rather be gang raped in prison (Dramatization) than watch the whole of NFL Fox Sunday with the guys. I don't mind playing football, I do enjoy it, but watching it, holy shit! I much rather have a nice intellectual conversation with someone than play football also. This is how we are alienated from 50+% of the guys already.

It also sucks to have high F, and be open about it, because I get to hear girl after girl bitch to me about guys not being sensitive and all that crap, yet they always go off with another douchebag who wines and dines them for no other reason than to use them as a sperm receptacle. Well hell, I am tired of being your straight friend you that you treat like your gay friend (Dramatization). It's like a company that interviews you for a position, after they look at your stats they tell you how awsome you are and just because you are so awsome and fit everything they are looking for, they won't hire you. What they will do is hire some one much less qualified, and when he quits on them and leaves them in the shitter, they will call you and tell you how much of a douche the person they hired was. Still they will then hire someone less qualified than you again, and tell you all about them, until he screws them over, and the cycle repeats.

I am not saying this happened to me, but man, it must suck to be an NF male.

Well, if you got any negatives/positives about/for the NF male, let it rip.
    I know this thread is super old, and I haven't read the whole thing yet... but let me just say, I guffawed 3 or 4 times whilst reading this delicious diatribe. Kudos Angry Ayrab.

And before I plunge into the rest of these posts, let me just say that I have often thought that in some ways it must suck to be an NF male. For example, any NF male reading this thread was born into a society in which men are taught to be as un-NF as possible. But, I think there are many blessings to being an NF male... not the least of which is that I ADORE you all!!!!!! (Except for the ones that are having a hard time dealing with their NFness and are embracing their ST shadows which always comes across as out-of-whack and jerk-like.)

So Angry Ayrab and all you other NF males out there, take heart that this little-old-ENFP appreciates you very much... and would immediately zero in on you if you showed up as a blip on her radar.

And even if she sometimes feels like she's hanging out with Frasier (or his brother Niles) when she is hanging out with her dear NF male friends, she'd far, far, far rather be in love with their kind, sweet, and sensitive sorry *sses, than the hottest, richest, powerful-est (sic) ST/SF/NT male in the world.

I just wish there were more of you around. I think the world would be a far better place, if there were.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The last thing you NF males need is a pity party like this... it's part of the reason why you guys have so much trouble, you're so emo!

Some of you need to learn healthy detachment, and man up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The last thing you NF males need is a pity party like this... it's part of the reason why you guys have so much trouble, you're so emo! Some of you need to learn healthy detachment, and man up.
    Good grief. It took all of 2 minutes after my post on this very old thread for some xxTx male to demonstrate EXACTLY why I think NF males have such a hard time of it sometimes.

Men interrelate in a very different manner than women do. It just amazes me how insensitive men can be to each other sometimes... Thus, is the blessing and the burden of being an NF male. My INFP friend was saying to me the other day, that it's as if our mutual INFJ friend was born in the wrong century. Had he been born to an educated class in the 19th Century, for example, his sensitivity/creativity/kindness might have been lauded instead of stomped on by a bunch of xxTx clods with no ability to appreciate the value in men approaching life from many perspectives, including the NF one.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Good grief. It took all of 2 minutes after my post on this very old thread for some xxTx male to demonstrate EXACTLY why I think NF males have such a hard time of it sometimes.

Men interrelate in a very different manner than women do. It just amazes me how insensitive men can be to each other sometimes... Thus, is the blessing and the burden of being an NF male. My INFP friend was saying to me the other day, that it's as if our mutual INFJ friend was born in the wrong century. Had he been born to an educated class in the 19th Century, for example, his sensitivity/creativity/kindness might have been lauded instead of stomped on by a bunch of xxTx clods with no ability to appreciate the value in men approaching life from many perspectives, including the NF one.
    If this was almost any other time in history, you NF males would be forced to pick up a weapon and fight, and work much harder just for regular sustenance. You live cushy lives now.

It's not like you have to man up that much to cope with present day Western society. You can be a feminine NF male and find your niche.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If this was almost any other time in history, you NF males would be forced to pick up a weapon and fight, and work much harder just for regular sustenance. You live cushy lives now. It's not like you have to man up that much to cope with present day Western society. You can be a feminine NF male and find your niche.
    #1 - INFx males have a much harder time than ENFx males. I think it's because they (as all introverts) get re-energized from their internal world of ideas, feelings, and impressions. In other words, they err on the side of impracticality.

#2 - INTP males, like ajblaise, in one study scored the highest on "The Obliviousness Index". In other words, they are relatively unaware of / care very little about the emotional tenor of other people. So I guess this just goes to show how we all have our prisons. If INFP/INFJ males are the most pronounced emo-males (ajblaise's term, not mine), then INTP/INTJ are the most pronounce without-a-freakin'-social-clue males.*

The moral of the story is: We're all idiots. The best we can hope for is to be aware of and compensate for our idiocy... And to have a little humility and not judge others too harshly on theirs.

*My experience supports this as well. I lived with an INTJ for four years. He was very sweet in many ways, but clueless in social nuance sometimes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Some guys that I know of are excellent seducers, thanks to their NF qualities. They can make girls feel really special. It just takes some courage.

Being an NF is no excuse to not get laid.

I'm soft-heartened but at the same time I can be bold, strong and passionate.

Some ISFJ's that I know seem to have more problems with being manly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    First and foremost, straight, warm-blooded women are attracted to men. They may complain about the men that they date, but they're attracted to them because they act like men and not like little girls.
    this + the following quote

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Well hell, I am tired of being your straight friend you that you treat like your gay friend (Dramatization). It's like a company that interviews you for a position, after they look at your stats they tell you how awsome you are and just because you are so awsome and fit everything they are looking for, they won't hire you.
    In truth, they treat you like a gay friend, because thats actually the level of attraction they have for you. I think NFs might say something like AngryArab, thinking that they are in fact more qualified for the job. However, the women only tell you this. In fact, they are actually probably more attracted to that ESTP asshole who talks shit behind his gf's back all the time (who he denies even being with) (Ive seen this first hand). The point is, the woman who treats you like a gay friend doesn't "need convincing" that NFs are great after all...she isn't confused!

NFs basically have a few options:
    --wait till post 30, when the women have finally learned the truth about the ESTP stereotype
    --be that "latin-passion" NF seduction guy...but then you'll be "that guy"
    --emotionally torment emotionally dead IXTXs until they say, "fine, I'll put up with your god damn F"
    --put on your best ESTP suit

Any other suggestions?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I haven't got anything useful to add, but I think society's missing out so much with the whole 'be a man' attitude.

NF guys are awesome

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I haven't got anything useful to add, but I think society's missing out so much with the whole 'be a man' attitude.

NF guys are awesome
    Ironically enough, the "Be a man" attitude is fueled by insecurity more than anything else.

Competition, strutting, posturing, and the fear that someone out there has a bigger dick (oh noes!) is the basis of male bravura.

That's one rat race I'd rather not be a part of, thank you.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch: