User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 43

  1. #31
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    We need more people answering the OP question! Now! :steam:

  2. #32
    Senior Member IEE623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE
    Posts
    198

    Default

    try to read the description of INFj in Socionics (which is INFP in MBTI)

    Ethical intuitive introvert - Wikisocion

    do u think it's more accurate? or less accurate? based on what characteristics?
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    try to read the description of INFj in Socionics (which is INFP in MBTI)

    Ethical intuitive introvert - Wikisocion

    do u think it's more accurate? or less accurate? based on what characteristics?
    Read INFp as well, because socionics is just as screwy as MBTI and they don't directly correlate (Read: Functional analysis is all FUBAR)

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Yeah, I agree with the description. But whenever I take the socionics test, I end up being an INFp, which correlates to an INFJ (MBTI), since p characteristics mean being flexible. The socionics test just flips the functions around for INFP/INFJ. Did anyone else have this problem, and do you agree more with the Socionics INFp description, and thus the INFJ (MBTI), or the INFj description, and thus INFP (MBTI)?

  5. #35
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    I am very cynical about others.
    I am capable of being objective.
    When I'm in a good mood, I'll be outgoing- not necessarily a chatterbox but I will reach out to other people and be energized by them.

    These are ways I'm not like the 'stereotypical INFP' but I still am an INFP because Introverts and Feelers can be very much like this.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  6. #36
    Senior Member IEE623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with the description. But whenever I take the socionics test, I end up being an INFp, which correlates to an INFJ (MBTI), since p characteristics mean being flexible. The socionics test just flips the functions around for INFP/INFJ. Did anyone else have this problem, and do you agree more with the Socionics INFp description, and thus the INFJ (MBTI), or the INFj description, and thus INFP (MBTI)?
    INFj's (or also called EII) in Socionics use Fi as dominant and Ne as auxiliary which is equivalent with INFP in MBTI

    I believe the test on socionics.us is a lil more accurate. Socionics Tests
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

  7. #37
    Senior Member Chris_in_Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Whenever I test socionics I get Infj or Infp wtf D:

    I don't know which I identify with...i don't see how socionics is any different than MBTI.. except they use shapes to represent functions ftw!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I am very cynical about others.
    I am capable of being objective.
    When I'm in a good mood, I'll be outgoing- not necessarily a chatterbox but I will reach out to other people and be energized by them.

    These are ways I'm not like the 'stereotypical INFP' but I still am an INFP because Introverts and Feelers can be very much like this.
    I am just like this :P

  8. #38
    homo-loving sonovagun anii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    fuck
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Just because we are idealistic doesn't mean we don't see reality. In fact, that's why we can become so bitter. As Joni Mitchell wrote (no doubt of an INFP) "all romantics meet the same fate: cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe."

    Other than that, we are as varied as grains of sand, just like every other human in every other MBTI category.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

    Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

  9. #39
    Senior Member Chris_in_Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Other than that, we are as varied as grains of sand, just like every other human in every other MBTI category.
    And theres the rub. Many people look to MBTI to understand their personality.. but as individuals that simply doesn't work. MBTI does not serve to differentiate us from everyone else; it serves to lump us all into 16 different categories. Thinking about it honestly, I don't even know what INFP is or what it means for me to be INFP. Its nothing really, just a man made creation..

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    INFPs, do you agree with this description?

    PTypes - Dramatic Personality Type

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Who are you ENTPs
    By Chris_in_Orbit in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:00 PM
  2. Who are you?
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 02:21 AM
  3. Who Are You?
    By INTJ123 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM
  4. Who are you in the future police state?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 09:36 PM
  5. Who are you?
    By Sunshine in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO