User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm the kind of person who dives to the bottom of the ocean analyzes from the submerged part of the iceberg, up. But I have realized that most people are very uncomfortable with anything other than the tip. It's best when I meet people for the first time, that I talk about superficial topics before getting into anything too heavy. I easily get frustrated when I need to go deep and others don't. Actually most times, I keep things to myself. I'd much prefer to explore through some creative means on my own, than with another person.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    To me, a shallow conversation is one about planting flowers, fixing cars and cooking.
    A deep conversation would be about ideas and feelings and attempts at understanding the human heart.
    I agree. I like to talk about ideas, concepts, theories, meaning, and feelings, but most people seem to socialize by gossiping.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Looking back on life so far( not that far, 17), descriptions, and INFPs I've talked to I must be INFJ. I think I am too so yeah INFJ it is.
    Strangely though I never got in on a test...
    That comes as no shock to me. The test is frankly not that good, and I've come to realize this more and more as I see friends take it. I only tested as an ENTP for a short period of time when I first became interested in the theory.

If we don't have your type labelled by your name, I really don't care to read your posts. About a quarter to a third of the information I get from from these forums is what people post. The rest comes from contemplating why someone of the type would post that way, so thank you for making a decision and posting it, even though if it is not right, then two thirds to three quarters of the information I read from your posts will be completely fallible!

MBTI
    ISTP

Subjective.

I think I am extremely shallow. I am superficial, I care about how I look externally. If I am feeling extremely insecure I can be judgmental based on superficial looks. :sad:

I really don't like this about myself.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
    Subjective.

I think I am extremely shallow. I am superficial, I care about how I look externally. If I am feeling extremely insecure I can be judgmental based on superficial looks. :sad:

I really don't like this about myself.
    I think everyone is self-conscious about their appearance but to a different extent. Everyone judges on outward appearances and obviously we are aware of that because if people didn't we wouldn't care in the first place:
    - the way they are dressed
    - their body
    - their face
    - etc..
    It's not always the same criteria though. I categorize as "outward appearance" anything that is not related to "you as a person".
    Some people would say :
    "you're so shallow you only care about the way my body looks!"
    yet she'd only care about what's in his bank account...
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    To me, a shallow conversation is one about planting flowers, fixing cars and cooking.
    A deep conversation would be about ideas and feelings and attempts at understanding the human heart.
    True. But in reality, actual "deep" thoughts and feelings are pretty private, and I generally keep them to myself. Words are shallow. You don't need to have a conversation about understanding the human heart to achieve depth.. Nonverbal communication beats it all