• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

S

Sniffles

Getting back to Anja's comment; I do find it odd how often I'm able to "straddle" both worlds; or rather argue with the NTs on their own ground. I even point out the logical fallacies within their arguments.

I guess that's a result of being INFJ - who usually are the most Thinking of the NFs.

Oh well, I don't sticking up for my fellow NFs when the NTs get on your cases. :)

S

Sniffles

And others, too, Peguy. And situations.

That doesn't mean liking it or not trying to change it. But ultimately developing a sense of reality, that, in the moment, things and people are what they are. That is soothing to me.

Common parlance would put it:

Suck it up!

Just last night elsewhere I was arguing about the difference and relationship between Accepting love and Transforming love. Accepting love is about self-acceptance and Im sure you know what transforming love means as well. You need a proper balance of both, but nowadays we have an insane bias towards the latter in many respects.

As theologian William F. May noted: "Accepting love, without transforming love, slides into indulgence and finally neglect. Transforming love, without accepting love, badgers and finally rejects."

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Interesting thoughts.

You're leaving me in the dust with the terminology, though.

My days of studying philosophy are long past, even though I believe what I read and pondered helped me to create a comfort with myself.

And, as we are dong, people make good "books."

S

Sniffles

Oh sorry. I didn't mean to overwhelm with the terms, I just wanted to give a full perspective on the issue.

S

Sniffles

Hey Anja, thanks for the interesting coversation last night. Let's do it again! :)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd like to see the video you offered which shows how they recorded the music with the trumpets outside of the church, Peguy.

Later today, if you aren't busy?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I guess that's a result of being INFJ - who usually are the most Thinking of the NFs.
Hmm, gonna have to disagree with you here, champ.

All of us have different ways in which we express our thoughts, some of us express our thoughts well, others... not so much.

It *really* isn't based on type, though.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd like to see the video you offered which shows how they recorded the music with the trumpets outside of the church, Peguy.

Ditto.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It would loosely be based on: The more you think in general, including intro/outro/intraspectively thinking as well as critical thinking, and the more willing you are to ponder, juggle and at times reconcile difficult and *personally* challenging material.

In short, the more you choose or desire to actively think about things, the better thinker you will then be.

:)

S

Sniffles

Well it's not the actual recording of the album. Rather a church decided to incorporate music from the album into their own Christmas service, and this is their performance of that hymn. It gives you an idea of how this was done back when it was originally performed in the 1600's.

[youtube="BFW8rR4MZ_U"]In dulci jubilo, Michael Praetorius, CCBNY Christmas 2007[/youtube]

Doesn't look like they placed the trumpets outside the church, but they still followed Praetorius' instructions to have them at the back of the church.

Maybe, although I might be busy. :)

S

Sniffles

Btw Anja, here's their performance of the other hymn from that album I showed you :) :

[youtube="AneIdDFuLP4"]Vom Himmel hoch, da komm ich her[/youtube]

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I sometimes think that people who are rigidly fixed in the "scientific" fail to notice all the obvious truths which play out in the world all around us. And being "big picture" people it seems to me that we can see both sides - the spiritual and the mental, whereas they only see the mental.

Yeah, I always found it strange that people assume that our 5 senses are able to tell us everything that is worth knowing in this universe. Seems kind of arrogant.

"I can't see, smell, feel, hear, or taste it, so how could it possibly exist!?" ¬_¬

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks, Peguy! Beautiful music. It just totally fills the room. And as I said before, so very uplifting.

That's my ISTJ husband, wedekit, and is it ever a source of irritation for me. If I didn't see it, it didn't happen. This weekend I told him that we needed to put some dead leaves on a bed of perennials because they had winterkilled last year.

He said, "They did not!"

"Um, Dear. I had to go to the greenhouse and replace them this Spring. That's why the flower bed looks so healthy." Guess he didn't see me do that? :doh:

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks, Peguy! Beautiful music. It just totally fills the room. And as I said before, so very uplifting.

That's my ISTJ husband, wedekit, and is it ever a source of irritation for me. If I didn't see it, it didn't happen. This weekend I told him that we needed to put some dead leaves on a bed of perennials because they had winterkilled last year.

He said, "They did not!"

"Um, Dear. I had to go to the greenhouse and replace them this Spring. That's why the flower bed looks so healthy." Guess he didn't see me do that? :doh:

Lol, funny story! I tend to take a cautious "innocent until proven guilty" approach to spiritual matters. I tend to play with the idea that it's true, rather than totally dismissing it with a "bah-humbug!"

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I had a ton of Lutheran education, got fed up with organized religion and bounced around forever with ideas of atheism, agnosticism, spiritual discontent. And finally I found what works for me.

Everyone pretty much has to do that for themselves, I think. And the lucky ones are the ones who can plug into a church and find contentment there.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Peguy, you're kind of interesting because it seems to me that you straddle both worlds with some balance.

I totally agree about Peguy and try never to miss his posts, partly because balance is something I aspire to, but never seem to achieve.:doh:

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, they say a lot INFJs mistaken themselves for INTJ.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So, how many of you NFs are atheists or agnostics?

I get this strong feeling that I may be one of the select few.

:unsure: