• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I just got my plum wine ready yesterday... It tastes like raw plumes. Damn it. It does get you quite drunk, though, so it's not a complete failure. Mental note: Wine tastes a lot like its ingredients...

S

Sniffles

The Man's Prayer from the Red Green show. :jesus:

No shit, really? Damn, I really have fallen behind on my TV shows. :(

Never had plum wine before. I rarely drink these days, and if I do it's usually good old vodka. What can I say - I'm Polish! :D

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I was watching Californication yesterday and Dave Duchovny uses the term "broner" which is evidently "an unintentional male inspired boner". Is this an actual phenomenon among heterosexual men? I've never experienced one. Is it a fictional creation? Has anyone here experienced one?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I can feel the NTs wanting to respond to that Californication reference. But they can't. :newwink: It feels pretty good.

S

Sniffles

Has anyone here experienced one?
Can't say that I have. I only get boners for hot chicks.

Perhaps this is but one element of the general tendecy towards effeminacy we commonly see in many men these days. Just like those ads targeted at men for underwear or fragrances - those disturb me to no end. :wtf:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Ack. "Broners" Never had one. Sad to miss out.

In spite of the possibility of disturbing any delicate sensitivities, I'll offer that I've experienced a wide-on or two.

Such a typically abrupt shift in focus. Those sexual references certainly can be distracting and compelling. . .

Yeah, THE MAN'S PRAYER. I was trying to remember what that was called. It's sovery appropos. ;)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Had to drop in and see if my little faux pas remained hanging out all by its lonesome. Heh.

It's hard to know what to say when a woman of a certain age says something like that, isn't it?

I listen all day to young people referencing their sexual parts. It's common conversation these days.

Certainly sounds different when I share in the TMI, doesn't it? ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nah, I don't think so.

Human beings are sexual creatures and I believe, when possible, people continue to have sex until they die.

Interestingly enough, I think it is funny how often men can and do casually mention getting hard-ons, boners <--- silly word, what have you, but when a girl alludes to something along the lines of her "getting wet" ..... :ohmy:

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
There's such a happier connotation to hearing "getting wet" than "getting a boner"
That, or, I'm just your typical male human

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Has anyone else ever noticed that slang for sex usually has a violent connotation?
  • F*ck (which, according to my English professor, is derived from the Anglo-Saxxon word: to bludgeon)
  • Screw
  • Bang
  • etc.

It makes me feel kind of odd about subconscious perspective of sex. Though I am quite annoyed when I hear people say "make love" in a situation where there is obviously no true form of love involved (e.g. one night stands).

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Penetration can be painful, and I am sure in our sexual past there has been plenty of rape.

Also, imagine a child, hypothetically looking at two individuals having sex, it does, and would kind of look violent, unless of course the individuals were making sweet wuuubbbb!!! :D

Atomic Fiend

Ugh have you ever had to look at someone you're related to after they've had sex, and they're trying to hide it, but deep in your heart you know they just did it.

God it's an akward feeling..

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Ugh have you ever had to look at someone you're related to after they've had sex, and they're trying to hide it, but deep in your heart you know they just did it.

God it's an akward feeling..
Especially when their girlfriend is there, too, and they're still a little flushed...

I definitely try to make it more awkward by making as many blatant innuendos as possible, but only if it's my brother. Thats happened a couple of times and we just laugh it off cause thats how we are. If it was my sister, I'd probably leave the room and do something extremely distracting untill I forgot about it.

Atomic Fiend

See I couldn't do that, I'm usually to busy wondering why the girl would allow that animal that I happen to be related to touch her with it's penis. Let alone put it inside her.

Ugh. I'm way past grossed out.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Gross out? Wanna hear gross-out?

Wedekit talks about the inherent violence in our street slang which most find acceptable without a second thought.

I have a girlfriend who lectures on healthy sexuality. She starts out by asking the room for street phrases for sexual body parts and everybody has a lot of fun. Then she gets really down and dirty by rephrasing everything in clinically correct terms.

I swear she can have a whole room full of tough guys staring at their hoes in embarrasment before she's done.

THEN she gets to the heart of the matter. . .

It's a riot.

(Hey! Lookit my Freudian. Heh. I'l let it stand. Meant to type "shoes.")

I once went to a workshop on sexuality at the U of MN and one speaker said this. Here's the mixed messages we get about sex when young in this society:

1. Sex is beautiful. But don't do it!

2. Sex is dirty. Save it for the one you love.

And the imp in me wants to start describing my body in graphic detail the next time I read anything about hard nipples! Think that would be a thread killer? Yeah. Maybe. Hee.

heart

heart on fire
I said I wasn't going to look at election coverage until midnight...I just looked! :blush:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I crave romance but instead of looking for it, I'm just going to write a novel about it! :D